Become a Patron!

Cleaning coils

iflybye68

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it OK to use white vinegar to clean my coils for my Kanger mini tank?

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

If they are premade coils then there is no cleaning them. once cotton is burnt it can't be unburnt
If you built the coils, you can remove the cottton, dry burn, rinse with water, then add new cotton.
cotton can't be cleaned, only the metal can

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Factory coils are designed and made to be disposable, cotton breaks down, burnt, etc. Trying to clean factory coils is an exercise in futility.

But vinegar can be used to clean the tank and it's internal parts, I myself use and ultrasonic. Before that I used 100 proof Vodka and Everclear, never ever use rubbing alcohol for it's toxic.

But back to the subject of coils, no you can't clean and reuse factory coils to make them "new" again, it's pointless.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've used one for week, soaked it in vodka, blown it out, and reused it later for another week. Really wasn't worth the time, or the vodka, lol.

Bigjay1978

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've also cleaned factory could just by running them under hot water and drying them. It does work as long as you don't burn the cotton. After cleaning, I've only been able to get another couple days out if them, so I don't really think it's worth it.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is it OK to use white vinegar to clean my coils for my Kanger mini tank
As the others have already said ... it's not worth the hassle of trying. I've got this tank also and a few more that are "purchase" coil tanks. I've given up on them and have upgraded to tanks that I can build coils for. I got tired of spending $$$ on expensive coils when they only last a week or two each. Yes, you can purchase a 5 pack of coils for your tank, but when you have three people vaping in your family and running a minimum of three tanks, it gets expensive really quick.

Rebuildable all the way for me... and DIY juice.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You know, if you are going to go through all the bullS of trying to clean a factory coil... wouldn't it be much easier to just use the RBA mini that probably came with the tank?

VU Sponsors