Become a Patron!

Cleaning Juice from Carpet

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, So I got the RTA 'system' for my Cleito 120. Finished building my first build, wanted to try this in single coil. Everything went well. Wicked it fine no leaks or anything. YAY!!!!!:bliss:

In my excitement I did not put the lid back on my bottle after filling my tank and managed to knock it on the floor. I now have a very tasty smelling carpet. about 3-5 ml spilled of 3mg juice. I am mostly worried about the dog thinking it smells good and trying to lick it up. Any tricks on cleaning spilled juice out of carpet?

...No use crying over spilled juice.

:cry:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Soap and water....or a carpet cleaning machine which sucks the water out, or even a water type shop-vac. Once the nic is diluted with water, it won't hurt an animal. Adding a cleaning detergent, I doubt any animal would be licking it.

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Soap and water....or a carpet cleaning machine which sucks the water out, or even a water type shop-vac. Once the nic is diluted with water, it won't hurt an animal. Adding a cleaning detergent, I doubt any animal would be licking it.

Thanks, good point to the detergent, making it not appealing.
On a positive note, this first attempt is vaping strong!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the most part the vg and pg seem water soluble, might not hurt to use some liquid detergent like dawn dishsoap though. It's mild and pretty good at breaking up oils.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sprinkle corn starch or talc powder on the spot, spread it around with your hand and let sit for a hour or so and vacuum.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fold a towel a few times and press your heel into the middle of the stain(on top of folded towel) to soak up what you can. (use a light colored or old towel to be sure the dye doesn't transfer)
Then you can use a white vinegar, dawn, and water mix to saturate the area about twice as large as the stain was.
If you can without messing up the matting of the carpet, scrub it in gently with your fingers.
Then use another clean towel, folded a few times, and stepping on it real good, to soak up all the vinegar and water. You can do a plain water rinse after and even use a shop vac if you have one, but soaking it up with a towel should be fine.
Once it dries, stick your nose down there and sniff. If it still has a smell, repeat.

I do this to anything that gets in carpet that has a smell. It has worked really well for animal accidents. I got my security deposit back and a big thanks when we moved out of our last apartment. :DI have 5 cats and a dog, and rarely is there an accident, but it happens.;)

( About half vinegar and half water with a small amount of dawn will probably do. More dawn for anything greasy or oil based, like food. I keep a spray bottle handy because vinegar is just about all I use to clean with. You can also just add a few drops of straight dawn to the wet vinegar soaked carpet and rub it a bit)

For carpet cleaning we have special cleaner (Bissell SpotBot) at home. This portable machine can store up to 30 ounces of dirty water, which lets you completely clean a medium-sized area rug before having to pour out waste. You can watch video about it oncleanersexpert.com/best-portable-carpet-and-upholstery-cleaning-machines/ or choose another examples. It is review about best portable carpet cleaners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ive spilled too. About 30ml in the carpet. I used dawn n warm water. Blotted with dry towel. Then shop vacked it up. Then did it all again just using warm water. Came out good. Cant tell it happened

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
This is my dream. Dreams need to visualize. I have a car. A small child does not allow riding a bike

yeah, you better dream up a shitload of cash for that bike. kids, you just bungy strap em to the handlebars.
I used to have a 82 Kawasaki LTD1000, not stock. pretty bad ass bike. open Kirker header sounded like a MOTHERFUCKER !
had tons of fun on it, and because of it = chicks love bikes !
I had a license plate frame that said "NO FAT CHICKS"

VU Sponsors