Become a Patron!

[?] Cleaning Lab-ware Correctly.

Just took the plunge into DIY Juice, bought beakers and syringes. Made a first batch but im now unaware how to properly clean the equipment. I have read the correct way is to use deionized water because the chemicals used are water soluble.

Whats your thoughts?

Larry J

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Personally, I avoid any type of soap or detergent to clean my gear. I don't want to have to worry about film building up on it from the detergent. On new RDAs I usually use Cheap vodka. If there's any film buildup from that I sure as heck don't mind.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you are going to get a lot of answers and they are all going to be different. I use disposable everything and a scale. over the coarse of a year you will spend the same amount of $$$

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you are going to get a lot of answers and they are all going to be different. I use disposable everything and a scale. over the coarse of a year you will spend the same amount of $$$
Agree! Just switched to a scale and pipettes for whatever doesn't have a dropper. What a huge time saver! I can't stress enough how much more efficient my mixing time has become. Very little clean up.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just took the plunge into DIY Juice, bought beakers and syringes. Made a first batch but im now unaware how to properly clean the equipment. I have read the correct way is to use deionized water because the chemicals used are water soluble.

Whats your thoughts?
The best way to clean it is Thermal Nuclear.. lookup local Reactor in the yellow pages.. that will clean anything
Japans-soldiers-collect-f-007.jpg

Thank you Everyone for your quick and diverse responses. They only reason I look for opinions is that this potentially can harm me. Last thing i want to do is use a solvent that could cause adverse side effects on my health.

Again Thank you everyone that has responded.

Also, do you reuse your plastic bottles? (i.e. 30ml Dropper bottles) I have a feeling I will be buying alot more bottles.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, shark - Water is a solvent. Water with soap is more aggressive. Alcohol is generally considered the as more aggressive yet and so on.

Besides, I believe in the reference you quoted, isixxer said that is the last thing he wants to use.

Best to all!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I avoid any type of soap or detergent to clean my gear. I don't want to have to worry about film building up on it from the detergent. On new RDAs I usually use Cheap vodka. If there's any film buildup from that I sure as heck don't mind.

I use vodka to clean my tanks and coils, I even have a routine, 1 ounce vodka for my coils, 1 ounce for me, 2 ounces for my coils, 1 and 2 ounces for me......etc. Makes cleaning a lot of fun :D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I clean my "vape dishes" just like my kitchen dishes- hot water with dawn and a capful of bleach. Rinse well in hot water, air dry on paper towels. I'm not dead yet.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use vodka to clean my tanks and coils, I even have a routine, 1 ounce vodka for my coils, 1 ounce for me, 2 ounces for my coils, 1 and 2 ounces for me......etc. Makes cleaning a lot of fun :D

I'm guessing you're not using Everclear, mjag, since you're still typing and breathing and stuff ....

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rinse with water 3 times...

VU Sponsors