Become a Patron!

Cleaning my Ni80 coils for my RDA

I am attempting something that i havnt seen people do, i have a pair of Alien Ni80 coils that ive been using for months now, they have gotten to the point where there black, after being heated they become a semi orange color. When i was young i used to put metal objects into Coca Cola and they would come out like new so i put the coils in Coca Cola. I plan on rinsing the coils in hot water after there done to get the Cola off but i wana see if it works. I dont have a coil brush and ive tried using scolding hot water but it just dosnt seem to produce the results im looking for, i also always have coca cola laying around. I tried to look this up on Google and found nothing so im testing myself, i also didnt know where to put this because im new to the Forum. For all i know i could be destroying the coils right now but once everything is done and ive tested them ill probably update on how well it worked.

Had the Coils in Coca Cola for 30 to 40min, after taking them out i put them in hot water and used a tooth brush on them, then after they were mostly dried i put them in my rda and heated them red hot, once they cooled off they were a gray instead of orange. I wicked it up and its vaping great and the flavor is mostly back, not as much as new but better then before.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I found that I get great results by simply dry burning the coils and rinsing with carbonated water (sparkling water) instead of with regular tap water, and repeating these steps a few times. The advantage is that carbonated water does not contain sugar or anything that gunks when heated so you can just dry burn with it no problem, i.e. you don't have to take the coils out of your RDA, you don't have to wait, and you don't have to put the coils in hot water.

VU Sponsors