Cleaning premades

Discussion in 'Pre Made Coils You Buy' started by Khassy, May 26, 2017.

1. Khassy

Khassy Diamond Contributor

Blog Posts:
    On a whim, I threw a couple of my dirty Baby Beast coils in my ultrasonic cleaner to see how they'd do. Dunno why I didn't do it before, but after two 5 minute cycles, they're almost brand new and can continue to be used. It did a bang-up job. Yay, saving even more money. :)

pete67, Plantefood, KingPin! and 2 others like this.
  2. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Gonna have to try that:bliss:

Khassy likes this.
  3. Timmerz

Timmerz Member For 1 Year Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    What i do, is toss mine in the ultrasonic after a few days of use (before they go bad) with very hot water. Run them a cycle or three. Then I put them on top of a vent, opening side down, and dry them off. Ive had some premades last way longer that way. Sometimes the cotton kind of falls apart and gets manky after a couple washes, sometimes they hold up a long time that way.

Lord_Mayhem and Khassy like this.
  4. Lord_Mayhem

Lord_Mayhem New Member

Blog Posts:
    Same here, I've started to recycle my coils. After seeing a few youtube videos, I invested in an ultrasonic cleaner, a Votion Rayne ultrasonic cleaner specifically. I soak my coils overnight in Everclear wood grain alcohol, and then an hour in the ultrasonic cleaner.

5. pjetroo

pjetroo New Member

Blog Posts:
    I used to soak them in vodka overnight and rince with hot water the day after. Sometimes they lasted another few days and sometimes only a few hours before finally dying. I gave up.