Cleaning your Coils?

Discussion in 'Pre Made Coils You Buy' started by DOAUSMC0331, Dec 7, 2018.

1. DOAUSMC0331

DOAUSMC0331 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Perusing YouTube you see these guys cleaning their coils and cotton in everclear anyone ever done this? Why couldn't you use rubbing alcohol? It evaporates better and there is no residue? I only ask because I thought about trying it but have been unsure.
    Thanks

2. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I used to use 90% isopropyl alc to clean coils when I used factory coils.
    You just have to let it air dry for a day to be sure all the alc is gone.
    I also clean bottles, etc with the isopropyl.
    It will remove odors from plastic bottles pretty well just let dry for 24 hours as the plastic likely absorbs some of the alc.

Cleaning factory coils is a mixed bag and does not work as well as a new coil though.

Letitia9 likes this.
  3. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I used to use cheap vodka or alcohol. The vodka I just let dry, the alcohol I rinsed before drying. It was the smell, it didn't go away after drying.

4. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I'm very sensitive and get a distinct taste of isopropyl if used for cleaning - even if I let is sit for days or weeks

I use vodka - less unpleasant

Letitia9 likes this.
  5. r055co

r055co VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Cleaning factory coils is an exercise in futility, seriously if you don't want to keep buying factory coils just get an RTA.
    Isopropyl alcohol is toxic, don't use it. Use everclear or high proof vodka to clean your vape gear.

SteveS45 and Vape Fan like this.
  6. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I disagree, I switched and cleaned my drop ins twice a week and it gained me several weeks of extended life. Trick is to clean before the wick and coil get funky.

7. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Even high % isopropyl alcohol leaves a bit of film. I use it to clean the top of processors when reapplying cpu thermal paste and I always dry wipe after using 90+% and can see the diff.