Cleaning your mech

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just wanted to see what everyone's routine is for cleaning their mechs, as far as threads and contact points. Especially copper. There's a lot of ways to go about it but seems like everyone has a slightly different method. I just picked up a copper 4nine clone and I really like it but this thing is in terrible shape, the threads are filthy. I normally use a toothbrush and alcohol to go over the threads, but that may not cut it this time.

D

Donald Bickers

I just use soap and water for mine,on my nemi every now and then I have to use a wire wheel on my contact pins,its a stainless steel version from angels,its not like I use a grinder or anything,(although the first time it gave me trouble I did have to use the bench grinder wire wheel)I have a real soft wire wheel for my dremel tool that I use every couple of weeks on the contact pins,other than that mechs are pretty trouble free for me.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just tried using toothpaste and it brought this mod back to life. It's crazy how well it worked. A little toothpaste and some 800 grit sandpaper made this thing look and perform like brand new. image.jpg

ChaseCorp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Toothpaste? I'll have to try that I have a stingray x clone and need to touch up the copper

VU Sponsors