Become a Patron!

clearomizer help

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an istick mini and i have been buying different clearomizers. I have watched you tube videos on how to clean them but there is no way to get to the coils on the ones i have. Can you please recommend a good clearomizer that is actually going to last me longer than two weeks? I see discounts for first time buyers on juices but it there a company on here that does the same for first time orders on clearomizers and are willing to help me find the best one and how to clean it to hopefully have them last longer? Please help..

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was a chain smoker and i switched to vaping to try to stop smoking so what kind of vaper would that be? Will you please tell me what kind of vapers there are by your question asking what kind of vaper am i? I see myself chain vaping at times. I want a good hit then be done if that is possible.

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My istick minie is always set at the highest at 5.0 & I use 18ml of juice. Thats all I know. :-(

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
im gonna give this a shot, but i'll be honest with you, its been about a year since ive used a clearo that can run on the istick, so I apologize now if the advice is bad,

im gonna giess you want to keep the istick Minnie, my exgf was using one and she liked the nautilus mini
http://101vape.com/clearomizers-glassomizers/360-genuine-aspire-nautilus-mini.html
and the smoktumbler
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/smok-tumbler-bcc-clearomizer-2-5ml-9686.html

personally I thought the nautilus would be a better option, its more expensive but it an handle the acidic juices that would crack the tumblr. the nautlius would also be easier to find coils for.

all coils will gunk up[ from use, I really couldn't say the average lifespan of either of those, but heavy, dark and nutty juices will speed up the process.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sweet juices will speed that up, too. I use a mini Protank. Like the Nautilus, it can handle acidic juices that would normally ruin a plastic type tank. The coils are SUPER easy to change out with either, also in the Tumbler.

As f1r3b1rd suggested, 101vape.com is an excellent vendor.

Blade

Member For 4 Years
Sweet juices will speed that up, too. I use a mini Protank. Like the Nautilus, it can handle acidic juices that would normally ruin a plastic type tank. The coils are SUPER easy to change out with either, also in the Tumbler.

As f1r3b1rd suggested, 101vape.com is an excellent vendor.
I finally upgraded to a Kanger Protank 2 and I'm loving it! The coils are super easy to change and they are cheap. Super cheap for me because I make my own micro coils for it. Be careful about using plastic tanks! If you notice your tank starting to fog up, throw it away! Vaping out of a slowly melting plastic tank can be dangerous. Hope this helps.

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I paid a lot more for mine they still make the coils. Also myfreedsmokes will run 40% off coil sales about every other month making it a good time too stock up on those. Take care and keep on vaping
Ecig Avenue Aspire Nautilus Mini Tank $17.49 shipped with coupon code AprilMiniDeal

http://www.ecigavenue.com/shop/aspire-nautilus-mini-tank/

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I have an istick mini and i have been buying different clearomizers. I have watched you tube videos on how to clean them but there is no way to get to the coils on the ones i have. Can you please recommend a good clearomizer that is actually going to last me longer than two weeks? I see discounts for first time buyers on juices but it there a company on here that does the same for first time orders on clearomizers and are willing to help me find the best one and how to clean it to hopefully have them last longer? Please help..
It is not going to happen lasting more then 2 weeks. Best two buy some type of a rebuild-able coil atomizer if you do not want to spend money on new clearos. Two weeks is good for a clearo coil.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with smokie. My wife uses clearo tanks and I rebuild the coils for her. Depending on the juice a coil will last 3 to 14 days. Average about 10 days.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As a new vapor starting out I can understand how it would be so difficult to decide on what to buy. You came to the right place. First off, there is all kinds of information here to help new vapors if you look threw the help threads....on top of that keep asking questions like this and we are all happy to do our best to try and help you out.

If you have a little Istick mini and it's always turned up to full power you might want to get a bigger Istick as well....the mini has only 10 watts of power which isn't that much, there is also a 20, a 30, and a 50 watt version. I suggest getting at least the 20 watt if not the 30....they're fairly cheap and reliable and excellent beginner mods that will give you plenty of power for your tank and open your options up to what kind of tank you want to use in the future as you vape more and get more comfortable with it.

As for a "cartridge" you're asking about....actual vaping cartridges are very old technology and other than some gas station and cheap or disposable gas station and "cig-a-like" type vapes they are not commonly used anymore. Clearomizers are pretty much the norm these days and they are the tanks you've been getting....I am going to go out on a limb here and assume you've been getting the cheap plastic disposable ones that you can't change the coil out on and just throw away when they where out.

If you want to keep just using the little Mini you have for now I suggest getting an Aspire Nautilus Mini and a spare back of Aspire BVC style heads so you have spare coils. That's about the best tank you can run on a Istick mini and will be your best bang for the buck IMHO. Coils are mass produced and depending on how much you vape and your liquid flavor your coils are going to last an average of two weeks...sometimes you get a good one that lasts a month, sometimes you get a bad one that only lasts a couple days....it's the luck of the draw since they're mass produced by the millions in a factory in China sometimes a bad coil slips threw. But you should be good to go for awhile with a Nautilus Mini and an extra pack of BVC coil heads....I also recommend you get either the metal tank or the metal and glass tank as the glass it comes with is somewhat fragile...it won't shatter if you drop it on the carpet or if you're lucky on the tile but they're kidna fragile and the metal tanks are a solid investment.

you can get the tank online fairly cheap as well as the coils . You can get a Nautilus Mini, a five pack of coils and a spare glass tube from Surevapes at the link here for 47 bucks including shipping. I really like this shop, I've ordered from them several times and they're one of the few shops that has free shipping on all orders over 10 bucks instead of 35-50 if not more...and that would be if the other shops even offer free shipping at all. Give it a look. It doesn't hurt to peak...you can try 101vapes as well...I tried to look it up but for some reason I get to their site right now. Best of luck, happy vaping...and keep the questions coming...we'll get you taken care of :D

https://www.surevapes.com/aspire-nautilus-tanks.html

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As a new vapor starting out I can understand how it would be so difficult to decide on what to buy. You came to the right place. First off, there is all kinds of information here to help new vapors if you look threw the help threads....on top of that keep asking questions like this and we are all happy to do our best to try and help you out.

If you have a little Istick mini and it's always turned up to full power you might want to get a bigger Istick as well....the mini has only 10 watts of power which isn't that much, there is also a 20, a 30, and a 50 watt version. I suggest getting at least the 20 watt if not the 30....they're fairly cheap and reliable and excellent beginner mods that will give you plenty of power for your tank and open your options up to what kind of tank you want to use in the future as you vape more and get more comfortable with it.

As for a "cartridge" you're asking about....actual vaping cartridges are very old technology and other than some gas station and cheap or disposable gas station and "cig-a-like" type vapes they are not commonly used anymore. Clearomizers are pretty much the norm these days and they are the tanks you've been getting....I am going to go out on a limb here and assume you've been getting the cheap plastic disposable ones that you can't change the coil out on and just throw away when they where out.

If you want to keep just using the little Mini you have for now I suggest getting an Aspire Nautilus Mini and a spare back of Aspire BVC style heads so you have spare coils. That's about the best tank you can run on a Istick mini and will be your best bang for the buck IMHO. Coils are mass produced and depending on how much you vape and your liquid flavor your coils are going to last an average of two weeks...sometimes you get a good one that lasts a month, sometimes you get a bad one that only lasts a couple days....it's the luck of the draw since they're mass produced by the millions in a factory in China sometimes a bad coil slips threw. But you should be good to go for awhile with a Nautilus Mini and an extra pack of BVC coil heads....I also recommend you get either the metal tank or the metal and glass tank as the glass it comes with is somewhat fragile...it won't shatter if you drop it on the carpet or if you're lucky on the tile but they're kidna fragile and the metal tanks are a solid investment.

you can get the tank online fairly cheap as well as the coils . You can get a Nautilus Mini, a five pack of coils and a spare glass tube from Surevapes at the link here for 47 bucks including shipping. I really like this shop, I've ordered from them several times and they're one of the few shops that has free shipping on all orders over 10 bucks instead of 35-50 if not more...and that would be if the other shops even offer free shipping at all. Give it a look. It doesn't hurt to peak...you can try 101vapes as well...I tried to look it up but for some reason I get to their site right now. Best of luck, happy vaping...and keep the questions coming...we'll get you taken care of :D

https://www.surevapes.com/aspire-nautilus-tanks.html

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You hit it right on the head. Its the tank i am talking about. I am sorry messing up the name. The one the guy gave me at the head shop here is metal and glass but you fill it from the bottom, not the top like the plastic ones. I actually prefer the plastic ones if they would last longer because i dont like the taste of metal in my mouth. The watts seems to me good even though it is turned all the way up as long as i have a good tank on it. I can buy these for seven dollars at the head shop about every two weeks. I dont know if i am wrong but it sounds like spending 47 for something that is going to last a month doesnt sound like a deal to me. If i am wrong please correct me. I sure do need the help. I dont have the money to spend on much, that is why i had to stop smoking because my income drastically changed and i was going to lose my house so the smokes was the first thing that had to go. So i need to find the cheapest way to get by at the moment. And yes i do use the fruity juices and i vape every day, all day.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look for what you like online. Head shops have a ridiculous markup.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You hit it right on the head. Its the tank i am talking about. I am sorry messing up the name. The one the guy gave me at the head shop here is metal and glass but you fill it from the bottom, not the top like the plastic ones. I actually prefer the plastic ones if they would last longer because i dont like the taste of metal in my mouth. The watts seems to me good even though it is turned all the way up as long as i have a good tank on it. I can buy these for seven dollars at the head shop about every two weeks. I dont know if i am wrong but it sounds like spending 47 for something that is going to last a month doesnt sound like a deal to me. If i am wrong please correct me. I sure do need the help. I dont have the money to spend on much, that is why i had to stop smoking because my income drastically changed and i was going to lose my house so the smokes was the first thing that had to go. So i need to find the cheapest way to get by at the moment. And yes i do use the fruity juices and i vape every day, all day.

I don't know if I am going to so much correct, as disagree with you on this....I don't know for sure because there are many metal and glass tanks but it sounds like the guy at the shop gave you an Aspire ET-S, a glass Evod 2 or a Protank of some kind since you say that they fill from the bottom. The tank doesn't go bad. When the coil starts tasting bad or burnt you just unscrew the coil, screw a new one in and vape away. :)

The tank I showed you is a very popular tank and again, you don't use the tank for a month and toss it, you just replace the coils as needed. The tank itself comes with two coils and you get 5 more in the spare pack and 47 dollars is a reasonable price for all of it. Vaping isn't about what I think you should vape, it's about what you like to vape on...if you're happy with your cheap CE-4 disposable tanks then keep vaping on them.

The coils for that tank (it's called a Nautilus Mini,) can last anywhere from a few days to over a month. on average they last a week to three, and will give off a much better vapor than those disposable tanks. Your mileage will vary depending on how much you vape them. Like I rotate that kind of tank into use as my all day tank two or three days a week and I get 3 weeks to a month off each coil just using it part time. You would spend 47 bucks to get the tank and first extra pack of coils...then whenever those are done then you would spend the 12 bucks or whatever it is to get another 5 pack of coils.

So for the price of 2 of those tanks you get at the head shop, if each coil lasts you two weeks we will say just because 2 to 3 is the average it seems....so for the price of 2 of your head shop tanks you get enough coils to last two and a half to three months....that's how I figure it's cheaper and the vape is better IMHO.

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What about automizers? Is that what i am needing and or needing?

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kanger aerotank series were pretty sweet.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What about automizers? Is that what i am needing and or needing?

The "atomizer" now days is the coil inside the tank when we are talking about tanks. "Atomizer" is the the fancy vape word for "heating element." :) Yes there is several types of "atomizers", there are the rebuildable dripping atomizers (RDA's), rebuildable Tank Atomizers (RTA's) 510 atomizers (commonly referred to as "disposable" or "old school" or "510 attys" that aren't very common anymore), Cartomizers (combination of a cartridge with a filler material and an atomizer coil in one unit, it's tube shaped and a little longer than a 100 size cigarette butt,) and then their are clearomizers (which are the tanks we're talking about and they have a atomizer head in them but don't have filler material in them, just liquid and the coil head)

The replacement heads for clearomizers are the atomizer in that case :)

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know if I am going to so much correct, as disagree with you on this....I don't know for sure because there are many metal and glass tanks but it sounds like the guy at the shop gave you an Aspire ET-S, a glass Evod 2 or a Protank of some kind since you say that they fill from the bottom. The tank doesn't go bad. When the coil starts tasting bad or burnt you just unscrew the coil, screw a new one in and vape away. :)

The tank I showed you is a very popular tank and again, you don't use the tank for a month and toss it, you just replace the coils as needed. The tank itself comes with two coils and you get 5 more in the spare pack and 47 dollars is a reasonable price for all of it. Vaping isn't about what I think you should vape, it's about what you like to vape on...if you're happy with your cheap CE-4 disposable tanks then keep vaping on them.

The coils for that tank (it's called a Nautilus Mini,) can last anywhere from a few days to over a month. on average they last a week to three, and will give off a much better vapor than those disposable tanks. Your mileage will vary depending on how much you vape them. Like I rotate that kind of tank into use as my all day tank two or three days a week and I get 3 weeks to a month off each coil just using it part time. You would spend 47 bucks to get the tank and first extra pack of coils...then whenever those are done then you would spend the 12 bucks or whatever it is to get another 5 pack of coils.

So for the price of 2 of those tanks you get at the head shop, if each coil lasts you two weeks we will say just because 2 to 3 is the average it seems....so for the price of 2 of your head shop tanks you get enough coils to last two and a half to three months....that's how I figure it's cheaper and the vape is better IMHO.

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks so much madmonkey for your response. I have a question about the tank the guy gave. Is there i can buy the coils to replace on it since you said it sounds like the ones that when the coils go bad you replace them. If so can you lead me where to get those? I know a pic of it would help but i dont know how to post a pic on here.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can take a picture and upload it onto here from your laptop or a lot of us use the "image" Icon in the tools just above the text box we write our responses in to link a picture from photobucket to here with.

I am sorry, I can recommend things all day, but without knowing which tank you have I can't tell you where to go to get coils for it or which one's to get because different models of tanks take different coils. Some companies make one coil that fits several different tanks, others make one kind of coil for one specific tank.

Does it have any writing on it or can you take a picture of it with your phone, email it to yourself, download the picture onto your computer than click the "upload a file" button to put it into a response? :)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am sorry if I have failed, I am doing my best to explain things as simple as possible and I am sorry if I am no help...but unfortunately I do need a few details to help with specific things

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Thanks so much madmonkey for your response. I have a question about the tank the guy gave. Is there i can buy the coils to replace on it since you said it sounds like the ones that when the coils go bad you replace them. If so can you lead me where to get those? I know a pic of it would help but i dont know how to post a pic on here.
The real problem is that without a picture or some idea of what tank it is you have, we could give you really bad advice on which coils to buy for it. All of the tanks with changeable coils are different, so an Aspire coil won't fit in a Kanger tank (and vice versa). After you figure out what tank you have, finding coils is the easy part (usually anyway).

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Aspire-K1-Glass-Ego-Ecig-Tank-p/ap-k1g.htm
I have one of these, small but glass and the vape is good. I run a plastic drip tip on mine. Probably cheaper places to get it, that's just the first one that popped up on Google. The "heads" for these work in alot of aspire tanks, and for me its a really good vape. Running about 4v on a vamo at the moment for me. Not totally sure what tank setup you have at the moment, but any of the aspire bvc tanks IMHO are better than the kanger tanks I used to use. I seem to get about 2 weeks out of a head. I don't chain vape a lot and I tank swap a lot too with different flavors. Once u find something u like tho you're good to go, everybody different.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My advice would be to find a GOOD Brick & Mortar Vape Shop in your area. Any good shop will explain how all the gear works and how to change a coil before you leave the store.

Are you buying a new metal and glass type tank every two weeks?

A picture of your tank would really help answer your questions.

VU Sponsors