Become a Patron!

cleito 120,smsung 25 r and alien safety

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have seen two very different answers on this website some saying any ohm is fine to run with these batterys and some saying that.21 and above is safe can the experts chime in please

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you talking about a Smok Alien mod or alien coils? The Alien mod is regulated. It will not fire if the ohm load is wrong. The 25r has less capacity than some other batteries but perform better than say an LG HG2.

If you use a mech mod it is essential that you match the batteries to the coils you build as there are no safety measures in play.

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
smok alien.i dont use a mech.i also have a drip tip with alien coils but the ohm is higher

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
used the ohms law calculator and it said 28 amps but i have two batterys so it would probably be 14 each im guessing correct me if im wron

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The power formula for a regulated mod is:

Watts being used/low voltage cut off/efficiency=Amps

Let's say you're vaping at 120 watts and your mods cut off is 6.4 volts (3.2 per battery in series) and your mods efficiency is 90%. The math would be:

120/6.4/0.9=20.83.

The Samsung 25R can handle that. General rule of thumb is 60 watts per 20A battery in a series regulated mod.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The power formula for a regulated mod is:

Watts being used/low voltage cut off/efficiency=Amps

Let's say you're vaping at 120 watts and your mods cut off is 6.4 volts (3.2 per battery in series) and your mods efficiency is 90%. The math would be:

120/6.4/0.9=20.83.

The Samsung 25R can handle that. General rule of thumb is 60 watts per 20A battery in a series regulated mod.
A little conservative but still very good post +1

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
cool thanks guys.no this isnt a q relating to this in this thread but do you ever move around your batterys in a charger.my charge seems to charge them quicker if i do,dont mean moving ports but moving around the battery in the port its in

VU Sponsors