Become a Patron!

Cleito leaking

Mojoe1976

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello, my wife got me a new Cleito for Christmas. I must say that I love the flavor and clouds I'm getting from the tank. My favorite so far. I just have one problem... It leaks like crazy. As I really like the tank I was hoping that maybe some of you may have suggestions that could prevent this. I'm using the .4 coil that came with it by the way and vaping at 50 watts. Thanks folks

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is an oring on the coil missing or not in the right place? I have a 120 and zero leaks and haven't heard of the regular clieto leaking so maybe it's just that the coils not sealing up in the base?

Mojoe1976

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Is an oring on the coil missing or not in the right place? I have a 120 and zero leaks and haven't heard of the regular clieto leaking so maybe it's just that the coils not sealing up in the base?
Thanks I will check that and if that doesn't work I'll try the .2 coil and see if it's any better.

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's the coil. On my Cleito 120, both coils that came with it were junk and leaked all over. I bought replacement coils and haven't had an issue since.

Mojoe1976

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Could the coil maybe have been too tight? I almost couldn't get it out. So once I did I checked out the o-ring it was OK. So I just put it back in snug, not tight. It seems to be a lot better but not perfect. I'll pick up some new coils tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those coils have a couple orings on them don't they? If you only have one, that may be your problem.

Mojoe1976

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It has one where it seats o the base. Also has an o-ring at the bottom and top of the coil.

Mojoe1976

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It appears that the tank is only leaking now when I fill it over half full. It leaks until it gets to about half then stops.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like an issue with the top oring, damaged or not in its groove or something. Take a look at a picture of the coil online to make sure the oring(s) are in the correct location.
Have you tried another coil and it's doing the same thing?

Mojoe1976

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like an issue with the top oring, damaged or not in its groove or something. Take a look at a picture of the coil online to make sure the oring(s) are in the correct location.
Have you tried another coil and it's doing the same thing?
Thanks for the input.I haven't tried a new coil yet. I thought I had it stopped until I filled it up this morning. I'm going to pick up a new coil on my way home from work and try that. I'll let you know if that fixes it. Again thanks for all the help.

Mojoe1976

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
OK well it's not leaking. But now I'm having trouble with vapor lock. I have to unscrew the cap every few hits and let it bubble up or I get dry hits. Ugh

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sucks. Heres a conversation about it here at VU http://vapingunderground.com/threads/cleito-wicking-issues.241839/
And a few on other sites with a google search http://www.google.com/search?ei=PPd....64.mobile-gws-serp..0.4.555...41.8Pkya1NrZZ8
In the VU thread one had a bad tank, the other screwed the coil in just barely tight and same with the top cap and that fixed it.

You are priming the coil before use and running the watts within the recomended range right? You probably are but just checking.

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry to hear that it didn't help. Mine has been a PITA since day one and I need to give up on it. I basically baby it. I take 2 hits and leave it sit for at least 10 minutes. My Cleito 120 has been pretty good (once I got past the 2 faulty factory coils). I think part of the issue with the regular Cleito can be the gasket on the top cap, sometimes they are bad from the get go.

///M Vapor

Member For 4 Years
I had a Cleito and it leaked more than any tank I ever had. I replaced the coils, checked all the o-rings, and nothing helped. It's junk. I no longer use it. Someday I might give it another chance, but for now, I've had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors