Become a Patron!

Cleito problem

ShadowMelt

Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone, all of the sudden my favorite tank has been giving me issues. My. 4 ohm coils don't last anywhere from 4 days to a week before they start tasting like they are burning. Anyone experience this? Is this something I'm doing here I had this tank for month now and I don't understand why I'm going through coils like this.

Sent using my S7 Edge with Tapatalk app

Bigjay1978

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I went through a coil ever 4 to 5 days. Usually around 80mls of juice was the average life expectancy of a coil for me. I used the. 4 ss coils at 60 watts.

ShadowMelt

Member For 4 Years
I use last way longer, something is going on. 3 to 4 weeks was my average but a week is a tad ridiculous

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I use last way longer, something is going on. 3 to 4 weeks was my average but a week is a tad ridiculous

i've never gotten that much time out of any coil lol. consider yourself lucky. on average most coils last me about a week

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may vape a lot compared to some, little compared to others but I use anywhere between 25-45ml per day.
The absolute longest any coil has ever lasted me was the .3Ω CLP2 in a Micro TFV4 that lasted 2 weeks.
Normal for me would be 3-4 days.
Super sweet juice will caramelize on your coils shortening it's life.
Dairy and bakery type juice will shorten your coil life as well.
You said you've has the tank for about a month so I'm guessing only the first coil lasted long?

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You may be taking a lighter draw on the tank than you were, resulting in slower juice feeding, and burnt coils.

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The coils for mine never would last more than 2 or 3 days. I would get less than 30mls of juice thru it. Mine develops vapor lock at about 48hrs. The coil won't soak up anymore juice unless I unscrew the top and I had to do that every 2 draws. The tank never did work right. I've gone thru 8 coils and I'm giving up on it. From what I've gathered, the gasket on the top fails and causes the problem. Sometimes it's right away, sometimes people will experience it after a couple months. Personally I'm done with the regular Cleito. I have a Cleito 120 and when that dies I won't be using Cleito tanks anymore unless they somehow come up with a notable solution.

I'm guessing vapor lock is what you are experiencing.

ShadowMelt

Member For 4 Years
I love the tank, I getting tierd of getting a tank then there is some kind of issue that not minor. I can deal with some things. I just want a tank that has good lasting coils with good flavor and quick easy put together set up.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I am using a Crown II but for reference.... "most" coils go like 250ML. This is not super incredible QC on any of these. Often with other tanks I would get entire cartons of duds. It depends on a lot of things too. I am very lucky these coils generally last like that but they really should not. I would say 50-60ML is considered good from most brands of coils. Especially the Clieto as it is not one of the higher end coils out.

This is why the Eagle was a great idea in theory but it sucked hard IMO. I figure a few generations of that and all tanks will follow suit.

At least I figure you can get the class off the Clieto. I never used mine or the 120 because I cannot get the glass off, Duh.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually get about 4-5 weeks from the standard .4 coil on the Cleito. I didn't care for the other coil it came with or the ss .4 coil. That one actually tasted good for about 3-4 days and average after that. Some times you just get a batch of bad coils. That may be the problem. I really enjoy my Cleito except for the amount of juice it holds. Wish it were more or they had a better option than the bubble glass they offer.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the tank, I getting tierd of getting a tank then there is some kind of issue that not minor. I can deal with some things. I just want a tank that has good lasting coils with good flavor and quick easy put together set up.

With sub ohm tanks you are at the mercy of the manufacturers quality control. Best thing to do is ditch them all together and find an RTA.

VU Sponsors