Become a Patron!

Cleito Wicking Issues

Hey everyone, noob to the forum...I purchased the Cleito tank about 2 weeks ago. I have gone through 3 coils already. I have done all the priming stuff, even let my tank sit overnight full with a brand new coil before using it. Switched from RDA's to this to save some time using it as an on-the-go set up. Anyhow, I noticed that after about 4-5 pulls I get a gnarly burnt/dry hit. If I loosen the top fill cap there is a stream of bubbles coming from the wicking holes, and boom dry hits no more. But only for another 4-5 pulls. I am running it on a Istick 100W at 46W. If I turn up the wattage I only get 2 pulls without it going dry. Turn down I can get a few more. I have tried max VG juices and even 50/50 juices. Even the old poking at the wicks gimmick. Nothing seems to remedy the wicking issues. These are authentic coils from Aspire. Anyone else having these issues?

I am using the .4ohm. I have used max VG (whatever the manufacturer considers max) all the way down to 50/50. Sugary and non sugary juices...Do you seem to get bubbles coming from your tank after a few pulls and opening the top cap? Twist it slowly open and watch the juice holes...

Mister_Moonshine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On mine I'm seeing 2 or 3 bubbles after every pull. .4 coil with 70/30 juice, 50 watts. Never had a dry hit with this tank. Sorry you're having trouble with yours.

Mcas4380

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It,s sound like a vacuum issue. Try Not twisting you cap down so tightly . It doesnt need to be really tight just tight enough to not let juice out but let air in. Its worked for me.

Last edited:

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never had a dry hit with mine either. My favorite tank to date. Does sound like a vacuum issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While I agree with the vacuum issue, I have to wonder why.
In the event there were a bad batch of coils that somehow managed to get some water proofing on the cotton preventing it from actually saturating, it'd all make sense.
If the cotton is actually saturated, if there were a lack of vacuum, the coil would leak through the air holes in the bottom of the coil.
It could be assumed that while a drag is being taken, it is "forcing" the juice into the cotton however not actually saturating it.
If that is the case, the vacuum AND cotton that won't saturate are the issue.
That'd lead right back to a bad batch of coils.
My suggestion is try a new box of coils.
If the problem returns, I find no logic due to the tank design.
If the problem is resolved, it proves the coils were a bad batch.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps taking it totally apart, cleaning, and reassembling? Hard to see why it would have a vacuum issue, but that should fix it perhaps.

Did this happen with both coils in the original box and then one from a new box of coils?

Mcas4380

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I can say since I have stoped over turning my cap down so tight I can now get non dry hit with my liquid all the way to nearly empty.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the Cleito 0.4 coil on an ijust battery (so 3.7v and just making the 40w), using a 60/40 tobacco blend with a touch of peach juice.. so not very sweet.. and no problems with the coils. A handful of quick MTL pulls starts getting the vapour pretty hot coming out, but Im trying to get a habit of not pushing the button for the whole drag time.
Are you MTL or DL the Cleito ? How open is the air shutter ?

I have tried it at lower wattages. Just gives me a few more drags before it gets dry. Tried loosening the cap thinking I was putting it on too tight, didn't help in fact made it leak through the bottom. I went to my b&m last night talked to them and they were nice enough to give me another tank at no charge. They are going to send back the old one under warranty. The new tank is working great! And I have noticed the top cap doesn't get nearly as got as the original did... Can even go up to 50 Watts, no dry hits at all in the 12 hours I have used it so far. I think the vacuum issue was due to over heating. Vapor lock is usually caused by excessive heat, this would cause the tank to pressurize explaining the release of bubbles. Thanks for the help guys. I think other people are having this issue as well maybe this will help someone else. Thanks again!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have tried it at lower wattages. Just gives me a few more drags before it gets dry. Tried loosening the cap thinking I was putting it on too tight, didn't help in fact made it leak through the bottom. I went to my b&m last night talked to them and they were nice enough to give me another tank at no charge. They are going to send back the old one under warranty. The new tank is working great! And I have noticed the top cap doesn't get nearly as got as the original did... Can even go up to 50 Watts, no dry hits at all in the 12 hours I have used it so far. I think the vacuum issue was due to over heating. Vapor lock is usually caused by excessive heat, this would cause the tank to pressurize explaining the release of bubbles. Thanks for the help guys. I think other people are having this issue as well maybe this will help someone else. Thanks again!
I wonder what was wrong with the original? But glad you were able to get one that works :)

Idk I think it was a flaw in quality maybe. I notice that with the original the air control was lose. Not falling off or rattling but certainly more free than the replacement. Replacement is still working swimmingly. It bubbles with or after a draw rather than only when the top is opened. So there is a definitive difference in the 2 somewhere. Using 90vg juice and still wicking just fine.

While I agree with the vacuum issue, I have to wonder why.
In the event there were a bad batch of coils that somehow managed to get some water proofing on the cotton preventing it from actually saturating, it'd all make sense.
If the cotton is actually saturated, if there were a lack of vacuum, the coil would leak through the air holes in the bottom of the coil.
It could be assumed that while a drag is being taken, it is "forcing" the juice into the cotton however not actually saturating it.
If that is the case, the vacuum AND cotton that won't saturate are the issue.
That'd lead right back to a bad batch of coils.
My suggestion is try a new box of coils.
If the problem returns, I find no logic due to the tank design.
If the problem is resolved, it proves the coils were a bad batch.
The cotton was saturate. They wicked fine out of the tank. If I dripped juice down the center I could watch it soak up. Same for the outer channels. The 2 first coils were ones that came with the tank. The other coil was bought from a b&m here in the area. Authentic as far as I could tell. The air control ring seemed to be lose in comparison to the replacement I got. Maybe that had something to do with idk. Thanks for the replies and help!

danny767

Member For 3 Years
I agree with the above comments about screwing the top down to tight. I got mine about 2 months ago went well for a week or so fitted new coil(just to change flavor )and it started flooding terrible heaps of hot juice in my mouth. I went back to the shop and they took all the seals off put it back together and perfect. Problem was i was screwing coil in to hard and tightening the cap to much. Since i now only put coils in just past loose finger tight and same with top cap no problems at all. Get an occasional spit if tank has been sitting for awhile. Had my current .4 coil in for 12 days now and gone through 6 different flavors at 12 to 15ml a day and still going strong at 55w(this seems to be the sweet spot for. 4 coils). Also make sure u have an original their r a heap of fakes out there. The fakes usally don't have the dash under the garbage bin on the bottom of the tank. (U can Google fake v original cleito for a comparison. ) Hope this helps as imo the cleito is an awesome tank. Heap of vapor heap of flavor coils last a long time . My only downside on it would be the poxy drip tip(put my melo drip tip on mine) and its a juice guzzler.

danny767

Member For 3 Years
Just a quick note after 13 days the coil finally packed it in. Didn't get a burnt taste or anything just wasn't firing properly and was spitting raw juice. Just thought i would also share my break in for the coil as im getting great life out of em at decent watts 55w and most of my flavors are on the sweet side of things using 40/60 pg vg (my vg is on the thinner side as for viscosity for vg). So first i turn coil almost on side and put a few drops in the top of the coil spread around 3 spots. Then i drop a few drops into each wicking hole and keep going until it wont absorb anymore then blow any excess out from the bottom of the coil. U will need to wipe excess off then screw ur coil in glass on fill 90% up , top cap on but not to tight let rest for 5 mins. Then i start at 18w u will get next to no vapor but keep going have about 5 tokes and up the wattage to 23 again 5 tokes or a few more. Up to 28 and so on and so on until i get to my 55w when i get past 40 i usally go up by increments of 2w taking 5/7tokes on every setting. Like i said im getting great life out of my coils with on ave 6 different flavors going through it and 90% of em quite sweet. Hope this helps someone get some good life out of thier coils if they r having problems with them dying to fast.

danny767

Member For 3 Years
So i just had my first dodgy coil noticed juice coming out the airflow this morning pulled it apart had a good look and noticed that the bottom section of the coil (airflow) was abit off center. This may be my fault as i had it in my pocket and it did poke through the foil i may have bent it thier. So this was causing flooding of the air flow and some vacuum lock. Recentered the airflow at bottom of coil but wouldn't come back 100%. Is working ok but definitely not 100%. So if u r having any problems i would suggest you look at this. Except for that was the first leak non performance issue i have had with the cleito. Is my last coil as well so i can't just swap it out. Got to get to the vapestore for some more.

computerfreak76

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I figured out why my cleito was vaporlocking...The top seal was upside down from the factory...

I was looking at a guys I work with and seen my seal was flat and his was beveled..Turned it around and now it wicks properly!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you'd like for it to hold more juice, try this;
Aspire Cleito 5ml Fat Boy Glass Tube $3.25
View attachment 51806
http://sweet-vapes.com/aspire-cleito-5ml-fat-boy-glass-tube.html
Just got one, although odd looking , I really like it
thumbnail_IMG_1643_zpsik13vtxf.jpg

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like things may have went dormant.
I'll send him an email and find out.

It appears you have the top rubber piece on under the top cap?! I just got the fat boy tank yesterday and noticed the top portion of glass doesn't go inside the top cap but sits flush. Have been having extreme spitback and flooding issues.
thumbnail_IMG_1643_zpsik13vtxf.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like things may have went dormant.
I'll send him an email and find out.
Here was the reply I got (sorry for the day, it was received 8 days ago)

Thank you for your inquiry. Sick Vapor Co is proud to announce that we have purchased new manufacturing equipment, and we are currently having it installed. We should be back in production by Friday, April 14, and we will be offering many new designs and colors including transparent globes. Our toll free number will be activated when we are back in production. We look forward to serving you.

Sick Vapor Co

I think i found the cure for this. I've been having this issue but not when my device was new. Anyways the problem comes from dropping the device. The fix has to do with the very bottom piece. The piece that screws onto the battery it kind of comes loose and the air dial gets loose. I put it in a vice and squeezed it a little. Heard a couple small pops and my problems are over. I didnt squeeze it sideways but end to end like end that screws to battery to end that attaches to coil. That tightens up that ring and vaping resumes to normal.

VU Sponsors