Become a Patron!

Click... Click... Click.... Da fuq?

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I noticed my eleaf tc40w clicks/ticks like a watch... Why?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't know
Mine does not

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if you're just messing with me.
But okay I did and no tic/tock

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Loud tic... soft tic... fast tic... slow tic?
Tag, your it! :)

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a couple of 'em and I felt silly holding them up to my ear. Mine, however, as tic free.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Electronics heating up tend to tic. That may be what you are hearing. Happens in TVs and every other thing

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Electronics heating up tend to tic. That may be what you are hearing. Happens in TVs and every other thing

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Funny when I haven't vaped it for about 20 minutes it doesn't tick lol. However first drag the ticking begins and the battery is cold. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

teeroy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
my evic vt makes that ticking noise, explained in the manual as normal because it is constantly checking coil resistance when on

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just checked Mine,turned on,before I hit it and mine ticks too!....I turned it off and it stopped....Turned back on and listened by the usb port and You can hear it better!....It is regular,clik,clik,clik,clik......Z

B_vapes89

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My snow wolf 200 le ticks too I think it is always checking the resistance on the coil and its a little relay or capacitor

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a small cap on the board charging and discharging.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is an crocodile in the works. Helps Pan know when you are about.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea my I stick 60 and evic vtc has that tic, Actually sounds like a watch. My I stick 30 does not tic. Could be just the temp mods.

I have a smok gx350. Worked flawlessly for the first week but also started "ticking" while on (whether mod is in lock or unlock mode). Also if i would set it down and let it tick, the tank gets very hot and somehow pushes the juice right out of the bottom of the tank. I replaced all seals and coil with no changes. Tried a different tank also but the mod continued to tick. Not sure what is going on.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It should definitely not do that. Try reflashing the firmware off the SMOK site. If that doesn't work, try getting it fixed or replaced under warranty.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would have me concerned, I'd feel uneasy vaping something that 'ticked'. Usually if something is 'ticking' I'm inclined to carefully step back and leave the room. haha.

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I had a flat screen tv do that for a while until it quit working , changed out the capacitors ( under warranty) and all was ok again..

I had a VGod Pro 150 ticking straight out of the box. I didnt last long and it started making a crazy sound when activated. I returned it and I noticed there were some small changes for the better and it doesnt tick. I think it's a sign of failure of something.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha, I thought this was a joke, but sure enough after taking a hit, if I put the mod next to my ear I can hear ticking like a watch. Very quiet, but definitely there.

@Zamazam mentioned it is a small cap charging and discharging, something to do with reading the resistance of the coil. Never, ever have noticed this before, but I know I am going to get odd looks as I walk down the road holding each of my mods to my ear to see if they are ticking lol.

Clicking after taking a hit could be heat related, too. Things expand when they heat up, so they might click as they come back to size. And it can also be little snaps of electricity in a capacitor.

A capacitor is a devise where a charge builds up on one side, then when enough potential is built up, it jumps across an insulator. You might be hearing the snap of electricity across the gap.
Dielectric.png

But I still think someone might have snuck a time bomb into the device. We can't be too cautious these days.

VU Sponsors