Become a Patron!

CLONE OF HALO'S TRIBECA

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll be sure and make a post somewhere when I get really close, I have a half a bottle left I'm using sparingly to compare with. When I quickly threw the ingredients together it was close enough for me to stop using the original and each batch gets closer :) so tasty.

Thanks
I would love to see what recipe you have so far.

Frank

omghax

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm still having problems figuring out what's missing, the original juice smells more sweet and I notice the eucalyptus hits me first with the peppermint/menthol after. If I smell my bottle of eucalyptus before smelling the Menthol-X, I can only smell the Tribeca aspects - RY4-ish.

Anyway, what I have right now is:
(Usually making 7ml to 30ml of juice while testing)
70/30 PG/VG
RY4 Double (TFA) 10%
With these next flavors I usually go by drops, using the target amount:
Acetyl Pyrazine (TFA) - about one drop per 15ml of juice
Menthol (TFA) - one drop per 10ml of juice
Eucalyptus (TFA) - two drops per 15ml of juice
Peppermint (TFA) - one drop per 15ml of juice
Ethyl Maltol (TFA) - about one drop per 5ml of juice

Lately I've been adding a little Graham Cracker (one drop or two per 7-15ml), trying to match the sweetness level instead of overpowering it with more EM or PG (may need less PG?). Once I get a handle on this flavor a little more I will share my findings. I have a few more orders to make, and my nose doesn't tend to cooperate. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions - like I said I'm still experimenting! I have to say though I haven't been able to make enough for myself, I love this flavor :)

Thanks

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
any progress with the tribeca clone? has anyone tried mixing a drop or two of walnut flavor?

Not sure any progress needs to be made. The recipe in the very first post of this thread is a perfect Tribeca clone. Tried, tested and loved by many already.

Rayboy55

Member For 4 Years
Not sure any progress needs to be made. The recipe in the very first post of this thread is a perfect Tribeca clone. Tried, tested and loved by many already.
I agree 100% , don't have to change what is really good to start...this is my ADV for the last 16 months !!!

Hi everyone, a new member here. Does anyone taste a chemical flavor from RY4D, or am I the only one? I am mixing at 6% and letting it steep.
Yep get the same horrible chemical flavour from rye4D. It doesn't matter what % i use or how long I steep. Its still horrible to me. Only bought because of the rave reviews. Like you I'm new to DIY so I suppose its a matter of trial and error. What some people love others will hate.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep get the same horrible chemical flavour from rye4D. It doesn't matter what % i use or how long I steep. Its still horrible to me. Only bought because of the rave reviews. Like you I'm new to DIY so I suppose its a matter of trial and error. What some people love others will hate.
From where did you purchase it?

From where did you purchase it?
I bought it online. from Pixnmixdiy.com. Its an irish site. Come to think of it I'm not sure if I got the real deal here! Its doesn't just smell chemically, theres also a strong alcohol smell too. I thought I thought from the description it was going to be a tobacco, caramel, vanilla vape but just horrible to me. lol

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought it online. from Pixnmixdiy.com. Its an irish site. Come to think of it I'm not sure if I got the real deal here! Its doesn't just smell chemically, theres also a strong alcohol smell too. I thought I thought from the description it was going to be a tobacco, caramel, vanilla vape but just horrible to me. lol
That doesn't sound like the one I know. Do you live in Ireland?

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I go through a lot of RY4D making juice for myself and friends. 2 months ago my juice had a nasty chemical taste and odor which I tracked to a 4oz bottle of flavoring I had recently started to use. The vendor promptly replaced the flavor for me but I had to dump about 1000 ml of juice. I even had to dump the plastic bottles the juice was in as scrubbing with Dawn followed by vinegar would not get rid of the odor. So if the flavor smells bad in the bottle, beware!

djkokalis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is there a replacement for Acetyl Pyrazine? Because i didn't order it. :(

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Is there a replacement for Acetyl Pyrazine? Because i didn't order it. :(

Not really. Other flavorings (like graham cracker, cookie, banana bread) contain some acetyl pyrazine, but of course they'd add their own flavor. The good news is a lot of people like those flavorings with RY4 Double, usually along with caramel and/or vanilla. Try it plain and see what you think you'd like with it. It's vapeable with no additions at all.

djkokalis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not really. Other flavorings (like graham cracker, cookie, banana bread) contain some acetyl pyrazine, but of course they'd add their own flavor. The good news is a lot of people like those flavorings with RY4 Double, usually along with caramel and/or vanilla. Try it plain and see what you think you'd like with it. It's vapeable with no additions at all.

Τhanks HeadInClouds. How much drops per ml should i start with the ry4 doulble?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Τhanks HeadInClouds. How much drops per ml should i start with the ry4 doulble?

Most people start around 8-10%. If you're using a bottle with a blunt dropper (as opposed to needle-tip dropper), start with 3 drops of ry4Double per ml of base, which is about 9%.

Reactions: Kat
The 10% RY4D, 1% AP is what I use, and it's very good indeed. But it does need a 4-hour crockpot steep in my opinion. Also, I'm fairy sure the original is close to 80%PG/20%VG, but I make mine at 50/50.
Hi! can you tell me what a crockpot steep is? (I'm french :S)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi! can you tell me what a crockpot steep is? (I'm french :S)
A crockpot is a slow cooker, where you prepare meals in, that cook for several hours at low temperatures. I hope that helps.
As for steeping liquids, the heat helps to cut down the time for steeping.

The 10% RY4D, 1% AP is what I use, and it's very good indeed. But it does need a 4-hour crockpot steep in my opinion. Also, I'm fairy sure the original is close to 80%PG/20%VG, but I make mine at 50/50.

Amanda,

After the 4 hour crockpot steep, does it still need a 4 to 8 weeks steep?

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, that's why you put it in a crockpot - it's done (by the next day).
AmandaD, I have never done a crockpot steep, instead trying to stay ahead with what I mix and letting it steep naturally. Some of the juice I make in 120 or 250 ml plastic bottles, usually that were originally filled with PG or VG. Can I put those in the crockpot, or do I need to transfer to glass for the pot? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AmandaD, I have never done a crockpot steep, instead trying to stay ahead with what I mix and letting it steep naturally. Some of the juice I make in 120 or 250 ml plastic bottles, usually that were originally filled with PG or VG. Can I put those in the crockpot, or do I need to transfer to glass for the pot? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, best in glass with a lid on!

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have both flavors on order, and can't wait to try it! I think it could also pair well with a little single malt scotch...

I think i've might have found the missing ingredient for tribeca's clone... I think it is maple flavor(érable in french). I've added 15 drops for 30 ml and it has given the exact same particular smell and yellow color to the juice. I have to wait another week before trying it. I'll let you know later.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea what Tribeca tastes like, but I have made the different clones presented here on VU, and didn't care for either one of them. Yesterday I converted those clones to Rocket Puppy's RY4. Using the "modify recipe" function in the Juice Calculator, such a conversion is quite simple.........although the quantity made becomes quite large. Thanks again Rocketpuppy for a great vape.

james james

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried so many tribeca clones in the past years, the closest i have found IMO is
50/50pg vg
for 10ml
30 drops Ryan usa A&L
2 d Acetyl Pyrazine
maybe a problem for you to get Ryan usa being french, they hit the nail on the head !!!!

The original HIC's clone is the best Tribeca clone that you can make: RY4D 10%, AP 1%. Now if you want to be more close to the real stuff make it PG 80%, VG 20%. That is it. Perfect. It is exact? Even the original is not always exact from bottle to bottle. We are not exact either. However if you feel that something is missing, just make 30 ml of it and put it in a Cobalt Blue bottle with dropper. Still missing something? Send $20 to Hic's every time you make a batch and then you'll be in vape paradise. Seriously ppl, if it is better for you adding menthol or Graham Cracker or Jamaican Rum or Mango, then do it but you'll be making something different.

VU Sponsors