Become a Patron!

Clone Request

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to DIY. My favorite juice by far is vapecraftinc's Blueberry Custard, and I can't seem to get it. It's not really the blueberry I'm after, it's just the particular flavor that their custards have in general. Their strawberry custard has the same kind of thing going on, but the fruit stands out a bit more than the custard. I'll admit that I haven't been as thorough as I could be trying to simulate it. It's probably just a matter of trying a few different brands of custard flavoring, but I'm hesitant to spend more money on flavors that I'll probably never use again. I'll do it if necessary, but I'm hoping the master mixers here at VU can point me in the right direction.

So far I've tried both Capella's Vanilla Custard V1 and V2 in different percentages with Catalan Cream, Bavarian Cream, and TFA Sweet Cream in various combinations and proportions. I've also tried throwing in some Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and White Chocolate in a few mixes, and a bit of sweetener here and there.

Most of them have turned out pretty well, but I haven't been able to capture the essence of my favorite custard. If anyone could offer any kind of advice at all I'd be extremely grateful.

Last edited:

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Blueberry Custard sounds pretty good right now.. I've been having a hard time just getting a good Blueberry to be strong enuff. I'd like to try this one your talking about, is there a receipe?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Blueberry Custard sounds pretty good right now.. I've been having a hard time just getting a good Blueberry to be strong enuff. I'd like to try this one your talking about, is there a receipe?

That's what I'm trying to find actually. Now I'm wondering if my post was confusing. :confused:

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I kinda thought you made it but need more info and making it more tasty lol.... Post could go either way and I seen Blueberry and that's my favorite and might of not read the fine print lol got sidetracked lol

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's what I'm trying to find actually. Now I'm wondering if my post was confusing. :confused:

What you're trying to clone may have 1, or more, "unknown" flavors, or additives you just haven't discovered yet.
Just another "Rabbit Hole" we DIY'ers have gone into by continually buying and trying more & more flavors.
But at least you'll discover many other good recipes along the way hopefully.
Kinda have to look at it as a "long term" hobby IMO.

I've tried making Blueberry Custard several times but haven't liked the results at all so far.
But the Strawberry Custard combo works great for me, although probably not even close to your desired recipe, as far as the "Custard" part.
2% INW Shisha Strawberry + 3% CAP Vanilla Custard v1
You may need to raise up the Custard as many seem to like it at higher amounts than I do.
(Keep in mind many Custards need a full month to become best, especially when used at higher levels IMO).

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been having a hard time just getting a good Blueberry to be strong enuff.

CAP Blueberry seems stronger than the TFA's, but it also tastes a bit darker IMO.
TFA's can easily be used around 10%+, but CAP would be too strong at 10% I think.
FW Blueberry is somewhat different than the above but severral ppl here prefer it, 6-7% but I like to mix it together with TFA.
CAP can also be mixed in...

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What you're trying to clone may have 1, or more, "unknown" flavors, or additives you just haven't discovered yet.
Just another "Rabbit Hole" we DIY'ers have gone into by continually buying and trying more & more flavors.
But at least you'll discover many other good recipes along the way hopefully.
Kinda have to look at it as a "long term" hobby IMO.

I've tried making Blueberry Custard several times but haven't liked the results at all so far.
But the Strawberry Custard combo works great for me, although probably not even close to your desired recipe, as far as the "Custard" part.
2% INW Shisha Strawberry + 3% CAP Vanilla Custard v1
You may need to raise up the Custard as many seem to like it at higher amounts than I do.
(Keep in mind many Custards need a full month to become best, especially when used at higher levels IMO).
Thanks for the advice. I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and start loading up on flavors. I see that particular strawberry flavor mentioned a lot, I'll definitely give it a shot. I've tried TFA's Strawberries and Cream and despise it. I way overdid it on my first mix with it and that ruined it for me.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the advice. I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and start loading up on flavors. I see that particular strawberry flavor mentioned a lot, I'll definitely give it a shot. I've tried TFA's Strawberries and Cream and despise it. I way overdid it on my first mix with it and that ruined it for me.

TFA Blueberry Wild and TFA Blueberry Extra are my favorites and also work nice with the combos mentioned below *.
If you like Blueberries, you should consider trying FE Blackberry(ECX only).
Stronger than Blueberry and I'm only using 1.6%.
* Works great with some VBIC + Dairy Milk, or Yogurt, & or even INW Biscuit.
2% INW Shisha SB + 1% INW Biscuit + (optional) 1% INW Shisha Vanilla is another simple favorite of mine:D.

VU Sponsors