Clones vs. Authentics

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With millions of new vapors in just the last 3 years it would be expected that clones would surfaces.
I own both and enjoy both. Everyday without a cigarette is a great day.

StinkMutt57

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
THIS IS A TEST. FOR THE NEXT 30 SECONDS TRY TO FIND THE CLONES
( OR )
WHO GIVES A FUZZY RATS ASS WHAT YOU HAVE . AS LONG AS YOUR HAPPY!
IM HAPPY:)

Attachments

• Nice Start.jpg
    Nice Start.jpg
    802.9 KB · Views: 54

Eliquidvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
THIS IS A TEST. FOR THE NEXT 30 SECONDS TRY TO FIND THE CLONES
( OR )
WHO GIVES A FUZZY RATS ASS WHAT YOU HAVE . AS LONG AS YOUR HAPPY!
IM HAPPY:)
hmmm, I'm guessing the atomo, the Cronus ( I think that's what that is on the far left), the M16, and the omega?

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I prefer authentics. As an artist, I wouldn't want something I created to be ripped and used to make money. If someone were to use my style in their own art, I would be flattered, but straight up forgery I just can't condone. I suppose that same mind-set goes for my opinion on mods/attoes as well. Everyone else can have their opinion, but that's just mine.

Personally I prefer to save up and get the authentics, but hey that's just me lil old me.. I don't HATE clones I guess they serve their market I'm just not comfortable with the idea that trademarks/logos can or should be that easily copied without repercussions.

StinkMutt57

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hmmm, I'm guessing the atomo, the Cronus ( I think that's what that is on the far left), the M16, and the omega?
oooooo,, sooooo close,,, It's not a M16 but it's close to one. and yes that is a Cronus (clones) but what is that on it? NIMBUS (or ) NIMBUS CLONE???

Eliquidvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ahhh I remember what it is, its a Sentinel, and hmmm I'm guessing clone nimbus from FT?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hay, Ghostrider....

For a man stirring the 'clone vs legit' pot, you sure have a lot of posts in the "Focalecig: HANAA modz DNA 30 GiveAway".......

O-RLY.jpg

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I prefer originals, I wouldn't belittle anyone for buying a clone. Not after the game I see some mod makers play. By keeping supplies low and demand high.
After all these are just glorified battery tubes with a switch and connecting positive end.

StinkMutt57

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's Y StinkMutt57 looks that way. All the C & D Batt's from the past.Uuuuuu

StinkMutt57

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pro both, but being a single mom, i can only afford clones
Hay,,, It's not all about what you have "but" how much fun you have with what you have. And in staying away from the things that can do you harm. (CIG's)

Attachments

• 668e741387b929684bf303be26a1494b.jpg
    668e741387b929684bf303be26a1494b.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 18

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish I had your income....just saying

This.

I live on SS/SSI, would LOVE to see these fanboys pursue the trinkets on $700/mo. when rent is 61% of income. And I have to pay electric for baseboards/AC and an electric stove from 1970.

I spent maybe $30-40 a month on RYO tobacco...should I go back because I'm too poor to vape?

I'm proud of what I have, not because it's Unicorn Tears stuff made of Unobtanium only made during a full moon and sent out by Fairies, but because I can build it, vape it and don't mind looking at my modest collection and thinking...yeah....that is nice. I don't get to do that much.

StinkMutt57

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This.

I live on SS/SSI, would LOVE to see these fanboys pursue the trinkets on $700/mo. when rent is 61% of income. And I have to pay electric for baseboards/AC and an electric stove from 1970.

I spent maybe $30-40 a month on RYO tobacco...should I go back because I'm too poor to vape?

I'm proud of what I have, not because it's Unicorn Tears stuff made of Unobtanium only made during a full moon and sent out by Fairies, but because I can build it, vape it and don't mind looking at my modest collection and thinking...yeah....that is nice. I don't get to do that much.
HERE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StinkMutt57

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have not touched tobacco in 5 1/2 years and as fare as income go's, I work hard for what I have and yes some of it is high end but most of it is low end and I find myself using more and more the low end stuff then the high end vapes I have, and loving every toot.

StinkMutt57

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish I had your income....just saying
100+ you say,, and not one clone in the mix. Hmmmmm, well then that's good for you. Its just some of use like what we have and if that happens to be a clone (That's a rip off,, "I say" rip off to you boy) and you spend $200.00 to $300.00 for one and I spend 1/4 to 1/8 of that for something that works just as good. I don't know man. Im just saying if your happy with what you have, that's good. I'm happy to.

Nu2Mods

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I look at clones vs authentics the same as looking at the authentic Shelby Cobra vs the Shelby Kit cars. They both look amazing and probably the kit drives much better than the authentic, however, liking the style and not having a whole lot of residual cash laying around, I would prefer the kit car as my daily driver or weekend toy. However, the authentic, though costly, will probably never depreciate in value and the crowd of people in this field would consider these an investment and the opportunity to own an "original". Same with the authentics. I really like the Nemesis and Hades clones and have no problem with them, but owning an authentic is like brand commitment. A follower and owner of an investment. Bragging rights if you will.

I also agree with those that say placing a "brand name" on a clone is not cool. There is a difference between "Nemesis" and "Nemesis Style" mods with the latter name, though has the original, indicates that the item is in the "style" of the Nemesis, or indicative of a clone. This would be acceptable in my books. FWIW

Yeah, I mean obviously in every consumer commodity there's always the ultra luxury market and everyone else. That's cool if your current income doesn't enable you to get authentics, but that's no reason to buy a counterfeit resplete with copied logos/country of origin/modder signatures/serial numbers when there's legit low cost mods out there in the market.

Or as a previous poster said, there are mods that follow the style and operation of authentics but do not balantly copy logos.

StinkMutt57

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I look at clones vs authentics the same as looking at the authentic Shelby Cobra vs the Shelby Kit cars. They both look amazing and probably the kit drives much better than the authentic, however, liking the style and not having a whole lot of residual cash laying around, I would prefer the kit car as my daily driver or weekend toy. However, the authentic, though costly, will probably never depreciate in value and the crowd of people in this field would consider these an investment and the opportunity to own an "original". Same with the authentics. I really like the Nemesis and Hades clones and have no problem with them, but owning an authentic is like brand commitment. A follower and owner of an investment. Bragging rights if you will.

I also agree with those that say placing a "brand name" on a clone is not cool. There is a difference between "Nemesis" and "Nemesis Style" mods with the latter name, though has the original, indicates that the item is in the "style" of the Nemesis, or indicative of a clone. This would be acceptable in my books. FWIW
"brand name" on a clone is not cool. ( So true! ) ( I agree! ) But I'll still have it if I like the way it works and looks. Be it a clone or authentic it has nothing to do with Bragging rights. It has to do with my investment in staying away from the things that can do you harm and being happy doing it. Sure, I know that my Nimbus and the Cronus it sits on are nock offs and that a brand name on a clone is not cool but I'm still going to have it. SORRY:(

^ so why a clone Cronus and Nimbus when you can get a legit IGO-T/M/L/W and sit on a legit Smok Magneto/Altsmok Silver Bullet?

Ghostrider

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hay, Ghostrider....

For a man stirring the 'clone vs legit' pot, you sure have a lot of posts in the "Focalecig: HANAA modz DNA 30 GiveAway".......

O-RLY.jpg
Hay stalker.

I just asked a question, I never stated my opinion on the standpoint. Keep feeding ;)

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
The best comparison for me is designer purses and professional sports jerseys. EVERYONE wants a real one, but who can really afford that shit? If you go to an NFL game, roughly 4/5 jerseys are direct from china in some aspect, and they're all knockoffs. Same with looking around the mall at the purses that ladies are carrying.

I personally own NO CLONES, but I'm a shop owner so I don't have to. On the flip side, I own half a dozen NFL jerseys and only one is authentic. I paid as much for that one authentic jersey as I did for ALL 5 of the "clones" and the clones are actually better because they're clones of jerseys that are 3-4 times more expensive than my authentic "replica" jersey.

The REAL problem lies in the US based vendors SELLING the clones. Not many businesses (outside of the flea market) will dare to sell a knockoff NFL jersey or purse (for legal reasons), but they're readily available at house parties and on the internet through sites similar to fastech. I just wish more vendors would say NO and force people to go through fastech rather than selling this bullshit in their stores.

And let's not even get into the shops where they'll sell you a "Nemesis" and not even mention that you're buying a fake version of something that's MUCH more expensive for the authentic. It seems like EVERY DAY now someone comes into the shop with their new mod and they aren't even aware that what they bought is a clone. Many of these people don't even know what a clone is and they learn the hard way. And these aren't $16 clones, they're clones being sold for $50-60 retail on average.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hay stalker.

I just asked a question, I never stated my opinion on the standpoint. Keep feeding ;)

Stalker? LOL....riiiight. Since I posted it publicly, I must be a sucky stalker.... ;)

And, if we're "feeding" as you say, that makes you the troll.

My point is, why even post yet another clone VS legit thread at all? They serve nothing but to create turmoil and drama.
Especially, when you're on a forum you know is run by a famous clone-promoter like VaperJoe. Maybe that's why you posted it?

Why should anyone else care what I buy or why? I say, don't group-think morality or purchases, have your own mind and screw what anyone says about it..

Ghostrider

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im just having a discussion. Not sure what your agenda is.

Ghostrider

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there something wrong with this topic? Are you afraid of the Vapor Joe police?

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't post a clone VS legit topic on a VJ forum. So, don't point it back at me.
Why must everything be an agenda?
Some people are natural shit-stirrers....in a new forum it doesn't take long to figure out who they are...:eek:

StinkMutt57

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^ so why a clone Cronus and Nimbus when you can get a legit IGO-T/M/L/W and sit on a legit Smok Magneto/Altsmok Silver Bullet?
Have them to ( IGO-L, IGO-W, Silver Bullet, and a ProVari, ) along with some clones. Its not about Clones VS authentic to me but what helps keep me away from smoking. As a consumer I'm looking at the things out there that will help me do this. If that happens to be a clone then so be it.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have them to ( IGO-L, IGO-W, Silver Bullet, and a ProVari, ) along with some clones. Its not about Clones VS authentic to me but what helps keep me away from smoking. As a consumer I'm looking at the things out there that will help me do this. If that happens to be a clone then so be it.

Well said. I get so tired of people telling what they NEED to buy or not buy. Whatever works for them is the right thing to buy. I started on cigalikes. Went to ego style (SI and Halo) then on to an MVP. Tried mech mods but it turns it more into a hobby than I wanted. Finally broke down and bought a Provari. It works for me and will work for me for a long time to come. I still like mechs for dripping but will not pay the outlandish prices for originals for the simple reason that I only use one on very rare occasions. I had no problem shelling out the $$$ for the Provari because it is my daily driver, is very reliable and won't leave me hanging with a stripped connection or broken button.

Some people like to have originals. Some people collect them. I can respect that. But I don't. So if I can pay $40 for something that works just as good as something that costs $200 I am gonna buy it.

StinkMutt57

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning all. sooooo witch side of the line ( Clones V/S authentic ) are we going to standing on today or am I just trolling for entertainment?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
one of the things about getting a clone that could be a big problem is what there made of .
How many places can be producing this gear anyway ?
Doesn't most of it come from China anyway ?

WiSilverVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
one of the things about getting a clone that could be a big problem is what there made of .
How many places can be producing this gear anyway ?
Doesn't most of it come from China anyway ?

Yeah, why do I have this mental image of two guys working on a line, saying "this one goes to the clone pile, the next one will be an original" and laughing their asses off.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I just bought 2 kick clones and 2 kick 2 clones from China and I will be testing them when thay get here .
I just wonder if there will be any problems with them .

Absintheur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are quite a few inexpensive mods available that are not copies of high end mods, the major reason folks buy a clone with all the copywrited logos and names on it is because they want folks to think they own the real thing. The Bolt, Magneto, Natural, and others work as well as the clones do so why support someone who rips off someone elses work and reputation?

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agreed. The whole "I can't afford an authentic" is false. There are an insane amount of authentic mechanicals that are very affordable. I suppose it just looks better to have a Chinese made clone than a Chinese made authentic?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I watch these reviewers on youtube, talking about how bad clones are and they will never own one.
Take a look at their disclaimers."I was sent this for free for reviewing purposes"
I guess I would never own a clone if I got the authentics for free?

No kidding, if a vendor sent me a $300 mod for free, the expectation on the vendors part is a positive review.

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No kidding, if a vendor sent me a $300 mod for free, the expectation on the vendors part is a positive review.

Not exactly true. Vendors will usually get a link to their store, so no matter what, they get advertisement. And I've seen reviewers state before giving a bad review that it's the "product" they're giving a bad review and not the vendor who carries it or the manufacturer of the mod/atty. Not all reviews are going to be good. We've all seen bad reviews before, even recently.

Either way, the "I was sent this for free for reviewing purposes" statement is made to not hide anything from those looking at the review and if any reviewer makes false claims, it's a hit to their credibility. No real reviewer would falsify their reviews, and if they did, they wouldn't be a reviewer for very long. Either way, they're going to be receiving free things for review, so being honest is really the only way to go. If one vendor doesn't send them something, another one will.

VU Sponsors