Become a Patron!

Clones vs. Authentics

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a couple of awesome Squonkers, both Authentic ;)

0FurWPG.jpg
hSQil3F.jpg
I still want a Custom classic mod...you know the one coppervape sort of cloned of which I own two of...lol

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's still got some blanks, although the choice of materials is more limited now than it has been in times gone by.

4fh67je.jpg
I heard he had a silver version?...man I can't imagine the price on that now for a used one.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's still got some blanks, although the choice of materials is more limited now than it has been in times gone by.

4fh67je.jpg
Sure love the shit out of mine, the parallel is perfect and machining is a work of art. The design is simple to the point of genius, so worth the money. I love my Pilak Dynamo but the simplicity, ergonomics and just plain ease of use..... I love the shit out of it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back to clones....the only tanks I really went mostly clone with were like the kayfun and taifun... think I have every taifun clone that ever came out...lol

Was looking at the kayfun prime recently..might try it.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I heard he had a silver version?...man I can't imagine the price on that now for a used one.
Nope. There was talk of it, but it never got done because no one was able to find an appropriately sized block of Sterling. There are some bullion bars available in sizes that would have worked, but pure silver is just too soft.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope. There was talk of it, but it never got done because no one was able to find an appropriately sized block of Sterling. There are some bullion bars available in sizes that would have worked, but pure silver is just too soft.
can you still get these mods? and how much do they run

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On clones.
the ones I have no problem with whatsoever are the ones that clone vape stuff no longer made by the original manufacturer.
As long as they are not an identical clone as far as markings and such so you can tell they are a clone.
A person should be able to tell if it is a clone or not.

Also most manufacturers clone design elements of other attys and such.
Like Velocity style posts, Goon style posts, Gorge style, etc...

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
On clones.
the ones I have no problem with whatsoever are the ones that clone vape stuff no longer made by the original manufacturer.
As long as they are not an identical clone as far as markings and such so you can tell they are a clone.
A person should be able to tell if it is a clone or not.

Also most manufacturers clone design elements of other attys and such.
Like Velocity style posts, Goon style posts, Gorge style, etc...
Yeah, copying design elements is one thing.

But making an outright forgery with the original maker's name & logo on it is a completely different thing.

Asbestos

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm generally completely against clones....unless it's something that I really want and is intentionally made impossible to get. If you make people join secret groups in which others need to vouch for you on ridiculous social media outlets...then you're kinda asking for it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm generally completely against clones....unless it's something that I really want and is intentionally made impossible to get. If you make people join secret groups in which others need to vouch for you on ridiculous social media outlets...then you're kinda asking for it.
Yep and in that case the clone is not hurting your sales and such.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New
I'm generally completely against clones....unless it's something that I really want
Umm.. That whole statement is broken.

I'm all for authentics - when I can afford them. I am also a true-hater of logo/etching crap - authentic or clone. Finally, If they are forging a counterfeit, that's a whole different deal than a mere "clone". Just stand on your principles and say NO..

I bet a million other sales occur anyay.

Asbestos

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Umm.. That whole statement is broken.

I'm all for authentics - when I can afford them. I am also a true-hater of logo/etching crap - authentic or clone. Finally, If they are forging a counterfeit, that's a whole different deal than a mere "clone". Just stand on your principles and say NO..

I bet a million other sales occur anyay.
Of course it's broken....you broke it . If you're going to quote a statement, quote the whole thing.
If your wife said "I'm dying for a steak." Would you fire up the grill or make funeral arrangements?:huh:

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Clones while not fakes or counterfeits still takes money out of the pocket of the Original Manufacturer which if not available the price or the Genuine might be less. Just a thought as I do not own any clones and don't see any in my future.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All my Tanks are authentic. All my Wasp Nano's are authentic. My Wanko's are authentic :)

I do own clone RDA's and clone mechs though.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never bought clones. If I had to choose I'd just save up my money. I don't mind spending more money if its something I like. Problem with clones is more than company could be making the clone and one be good and the other be a auto-firing POS

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Authentic manufactures hurt themselves with it's "not available" if it's not available you are not making a sale so you are not making money anyways.
Availability is the problem. You gotta get on a list, you gotta join FukBook and then join some group, you gotta know Joe Blow, we only sell them on these days. I don't jump thru hoops to spend my money, I f you want my money you should be jumping thru hoops.
Tanks I buy authentic because tight tolerances make or break a tank, mech mods and rda I buy whats available. Hell I had a friend make a rda out of wood on his lathe and yes it vaped without burning the wood (I gotta find that picture) Anybody remember the video of a Russian kid that made an rda out of soda bottle caps ? It was authentic.
Availability is the problem.

VU Sponsors