Become a Patron!

Cloning 5 pawns lucena

Ashlie Gantt

Member For 4 Years
Site descripton:
Capturing characteristics of dark spirits is our spiced rum mixed with a juicy, clingstone white peach. This flavor harmony mimics a peach cobbler with a savory rum reduction, and garnished with a freshly shaved hazelnut.

The bright peach and spiced rum go hand in hand, and hazelnut is so light. Where do I start? I've heard bad things about a few Jamaican rum concentrates

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I use a lot of FlavourArt flavorings and think most who do would agree that White Peach and Jamaican Rum are among FA's top flavors. You might find as-good-as (Inawera, perhaps?) but you won't find better.

You must have read flavor reviews of Flavor West's Jamaican Rum. Seldom has any flavor been so horribly mangled as that mess, and it'll clog a coil in no time. Avoid that one, whatever you do.

Hazelnut seems to be a flavoring lots of companies do a good job with. It tends to be a strong concentrate, no matter who makes it. "Light" hazelnut flavor with FA's version would be around 0.25%, for example.

The "spiced" part will require your own observations. Cinnamon? Clove? Nutmeg? You would suit yourself with your own favorites.

For a cobbler bit, I'm imagining a rich crust flavor. If that's what you want, you have two choices that might work: TFA Pie Crust, or FA Apple Pie. I used to use Pie Crust but prefer Apple Pie - believe it or not. At amounts under 1% it adds the best pie crust flavor ever, and if any stronger fruits are present, they'll cover up the (mild) apple flavor completely. With White Peach, I'd definitely give FA Apple Pie a try; I know they work together.

If there's a bakery-like effect in Lucena, and TFA Brown Sugar Extra is one you'd want on hand to try as a small addition.

Mmmm! That sounds pretty tasty.

Ashlie Gantt

Member For 4 Years
As I'm not familiar with FA as much as TFA, is the rum and peach strong? I'm thinking

Jamaican rum 5%
White peach 10%
Hazelnut .25%
Apple pie .5-1%
Brown sugar .25-.5%

But I'm not sure how strong the first two are. They are a perfect balance in the vape, flavor wise.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'd go just 2% or a tad more on FA Jamaican Rum, and 1.75-2% on FA White Peach at first. White Peach is especially strong, and I think those minor flavors will play it up even more. (If you're using Flavor West's Jamaican Rum, you'd need that 5% - but FW's version really would ruin it all.)

Ashlie Gantt

Member For 4 Years
Okay, got my sample in today. It's much sweeter and less peach than what we came up with. I wanna say like a peach/Apple crumble, more emphasis on the apple crumble.. So, I'm thinking :

lowering the white peach to 1.5%

Raising apple pie to 1.25%

Raising brown sugar to .75%

Thoughts?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
this sounds awesome is all I know. hope you get it worked out !

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
try this:

2.5% tfa Jamaican rum
1.5% fa White peach
.25% fa Hazelnut
.25% fa Apple pie
1% tfa Brown sugar
.5% fa cookie
.25% fa liquid amber
.5% white vinegar
1% vanillin

and see what happens ;)

oops.. add in .25% fa oakwood and .25% dark vapor/camt

Ashlie Gantt

Member For 4 Years
I'll add these to my next order. I have everything but the amber, vanillan and the dark vapor. Who makes the dark vapor?

This juice has become my favorite! Wondering if you tried the recipe and how it turned out. Any feedback?

I tried the recipe and while it was indeed very tasty, it doesn't really taste like Lucena. I've been exploring recipe possibilities on my own with little success, but I'm pretty sure that FA Jamaican Rum and White Peach are in there. Call me crazy, but I think Lucena has some FW Hazelnut in there too. The smell is very distinct and IMO Lucena reeks of it (in the best possible way) . FA Hazelnut tastes more like raw hazelnuts to me and if it is included in Lucena, it's there in very small quantities. Either way, thanks for the recipe Smoky Blue. It may not be Lucena, but it is delicious nonetheless.

I completely and wholeheartedly agree that the spirit of the forum is to tweak the recipes to your tastes. I was merely responding to the prior post that was made asking for feedback on the recipe that was suggested, all the while adding my input on what I believe could potentially be tweaked. Smokey Blue's recipe really is quite delicious. I guess I felt obliged to respond with my input because I purchased a lot of flavors that I didn't have based on what the recipe called for with the hopes that it would resemble the real thing. I hope this isn't coming off as defensive, because that is not my intention. I do want to reiterate that Smokey Blue posted a very complex and delicious recipe and that if one were to purchase all of the ingredients, they would have quite the juice to add to their daily rotation. :)

VU Sponsors