Become a Patron!

Close To Backo (BWB Backo clone)

Here's my Backo clone. To me, it tastes dead on. Backo was my all day vape for 5 years and I figured I'd give it a go.

First, soak a Backwoods Sweet Aromatic cigar in VG. I crumpled the cigar into a baby food jar, covered it with VG, and let it sit for a week. When it came time to strain, I added approximately, an equal amount of PG to help it flow. It was first strained through a small mesh sieve and then a coffee filter. It made approximately 30ml of goodness.

The color is pretty much on for Backo. I've had Backo batches that were as light as the Maxx Blend and some that were just a touch darker. This errs on the touch darker side because of the honey. The addition of the tobacco didn't do much to the color but the honey is very dark.

In an nutshell, here's the recipe and I'll include a rec file for E-Juice Me Up. And BTW, it's good right after mixing. I never steep.

Close To Backo

70% PG 30% VG

3% FA Maxx Blend
3% Backwoods Cigar Juice (add as 50/50 PG/VG)
1% WL Honey
1% Vape Wizard

This was my original recipe, the only thing I have changed is the honey from 1% to 1.3% (I make 30ml batches so it's just an extra 2 drops).

Attachments

• Close To Backo.zip
    297 bytes · Views: 9

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi @pearlheartgtr, with the 1% WL Honey, is that TFA, by chance? I'd love to try this out. I only have the FA Honey, so will need to either adapt, or order the correct one and wanted to check.

Thanks!

Just had to look it up because the bottle only says Wizard Labs. It's TFA. I haven't tried FA honey yet. Those little sample bottles go a long way. Give it a try with a small test batch. I know for 30ml, I only do 6 drops. Who knows, maybe FA tastes better than TFA. I just bought what they had at WL.

I'd like to hear your feedback on the recipe (no one has ever replied to this recipe over at ECF). To me, it is Backo. I had a bottle of Backo when I made this and they were identical. But Backo always varied for me. Some bottles were heavy on the honey, while others weren't. Some were amber while others were light yellow.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Excellent. Thanks for replying so quickly! It might be a bit before I'm able to get to it. but I'll definitely let you know. I have a small list of flavors I'm low on, so I'll add TFA Honey to the list. FA is really strong, tastes like real honey, but very strong.

My boyrfriend recently tried Backo and really likes it. I'll try and save a bit so I can compare them side by side. I was excited to find your recipe on VU. :)

Thanks, again!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't done one, so, how do you mean?
with raw leaves or even processed leaf unless you have a nic testing kit, the nic is going to be unknown.

I have raw n.rustica unless I have a test kit and killed the nic there is zero chance I am using it in a vape, snuff yes, a snus oh hell no the nic is out of this world high with it, hell even it I wanted to light it up in a pipe it would fuck my shit up.
I also have a net soaking from a snus can of 18mg/ml stuff, but that is measure at a prilla by dry volume not fluid.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I do have a test kit and considered that. Thanks, man. :)

Typos brought to you by: iPhone.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am not saying I have not tested the net.. net + vg to taste it. I was way nic'ed out.. after the first WOOHOO the little angry ewok voice in my head started berating me.
I have not mixed it in base +/- nic for a batch

VU Sponsors