Become a Patron!

**Closed** PIF Box 3.1 Is Live

Would you like to participate in PIF Box 3.1?

• Total voters

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi Everyone,

I would like to start PIF Box 3.1. I would like to kick this box off as soon as possible with around 20-25 people. I know I'm fairly new to these forums, so for those of you who don't know me, My name is Jeff, I'm 31, I live in the Fox Valley area in Neenah, WI with my wife of almost 1 year and my 5 year old step-son. My wife does not/never has smoked and I was a smoker for 10 years. I've been off the analogs for 4 months now and absolutely love it! We don't have a ton of money to play with but I would say we are doing alright. That being said, I would love to share the love with all of you amazing people.

Once we get 20 people committed, I'll put up a 48 hours notice and we'll kick it off after the 48 hours is up. I'll use the randomizing site thingy to randomize the names and we'll kick it off with #1.

Until then, Happy Piffing! :cool:

Of course we need to have a few rules/regulations just to make things go as smoothly as possible and to help ensure everyone has fun with this, after all, fun is the main idea right? OK here goes.

1. It is the next person in lines responsibility to get their shipping information to the person with the box in a timely manner. We're all adults here and we all have lives, be respectful/responsible.
1a. Timely manner means 2 business days, Saturday & Sunday are not business days and neither are bankers holidays.
1b. If it's your turn and you are still unreachable on the 3rd business day, you'll be skipped and the respective box will be sent to the next person in line after you. If you know you won't be around for your turn, tell us, we'll work around that and make adjustments accordingly. Communication folks, that's the key.

2. If you send juice, please put it inside a zip lock bag. Make sure juice is clearly labeled. Nic, VG/PG (if available), Diacetyl free (if applicable), etc... You guys know what you're looking for when you're buying so give the deets.
2a. Bubble wrap or otherwise protect glass in addition to using a sealable bag.
2b. Label wire guage and type, wick materials, coil ohms, etc...aka keep shit safe for everyone.

3. Sender pays shipping and tracking unless otherwise agreed upon. If you can't afford to pay shipping but you would like to still be involved, please let me know, we'll work it out.
3a. If/when box 3.1 gets to big/heavy/expensive to ship, I will ask that it be sent to myself or another to evenly split into boxes 3.1 and 3.2 ("such a nerd" my wife said that lol). And the piffing will continue from there. Box split on 11/26!!!!! y'all just too dam generous :D

4. When you receive the box, please post that you are in possession of the box and if you'd like to, upload a photo.
4a. We wanna see what's in it! Nuff said :D
4b. We wanna see who were vaping with. Post a pic of yourself using something you took from the box. If you're shy that's OK, we don't judge here. ****Your privacy is our concern too. If you prefer to not have a photo of yourself posted, you may choose not to. No obligation with this one.****
4c. When you send the box to the next person, which should be no more than 2 business days after you've received it, post a pic. Make it fun, keep it classy!

5. I think it would be really cool to have everyone write a little something in a notebook (would be included in the box). Maybe a short story about you or something like that. Something to tell the story of PIF Box 3.1 to make it even more interesting.
5a. In the notebook, please write what you took and what you added and take a snapshot. Also include 1 item on your "wish list". Maybe we can use that at a later date.

6. This is the most important rule of them all. Have fun!

@Delion will be assisting me with this. If we need to split the box, hunt down a zombie, or anything else feel free to ask either of us.

TheDude shall be #26
Surgikill shall be #27
List officially closed (again) as of 10/12/14 5:58pm CST.

Demonical and LD3441 have traded spots as part of an approved swap as of 10/13

Mike.dunning.370 shall be " the alternate " in case a member of box 3.1 has an unforseen change in their ability to participate. If this happens, please first contact myself or @Delion thanks.

10/18
I had a screen shot of the randomized list here but I couldn't edit that so I've removed it. I've replaced it with the typed version so I can make the appropriate changes.

11/12/14
Rooster has officially been removed from the list per his request.

With the upcoming box split, and @mike.dunning.370 bringing up a valid point, I have placed him on the list officially as #27. Thank you everyone.

12/3/14
Updates from 12/3 are above highlighted in blue

12/4
Thedude officially removed due to not responding to multiple attempts to contact.

12/5

@TheDude re-added to the list
@Huckleberried & @Smoky Blue swapped spots

12/21
Per her request, @Smoky Blue has been removed from box 3.2 due to personal matters.

2/10 - @Delion removed from the rotation of box 3.2
- @Smoky Blue removed from 3.1, added to 3.2
- @Huckleberried removed from box 3.2 per request

*********Box sent on 10/15/14*********
  1. LD3441 - approved spot trade - Box received on 10/17
  2. Roger Schaeffer - Box received, sent on 10/22
  3. Bobskinner - Box recvd 10/24, sent 10/27
  4. Baltoace - Box Recv'd 10/29, Box sent 10/30
  5. JadeNic - Box received 11/1, Box sent on 11/6
  6. nukeum - Box received 11/8, Box picked up/sent 11/12(weekend+Veterans Day)
  7. Sigmardin - Box received 11/15 Wife left the mail for me :), sent 11/18
  8. Delion - Box received 11/21, Sent 11/28
  9. adk1989 - approved spot trade - Box received 12/1, Box 3.1 shipping out 12/6
  10. Smoky Blue - Box 3.1 received 12/11, Box 3.1 sent 12/12
  11. Huckleberried - ****skip box 3.1****
  12. Faust - Box 3.1 received 12/15, Box 3.1 Shipped 12/18
  13. Xaphan - Box 3.1 received 12/22, Box 3.1 shipped 12/23
  14. JediTT - Box 3.1 received 12/26, Box 3.1 sent 12/29
  15. misswish - Box 3.1 Received 1/3, 3.1 sent 1/5
  16. rdwilliamson - Box 3.1 Received 1/8, Box 3.1 sent 1/9
  17. Demonical - Box 3.1 Received 1/13, Box 3.1 sent 1/14
  18. darkox - Box 3.1 received 1/16, Box 3.1 sent 1/20
  19. mike.dunning.370 - Box 3.1 received 1/23, Box 3.1 sent 1/27
  20. Heather - Box 3.1 Received 1/29, Box 3.1 sent 1/30
  21. aikanae - Box 3.1 received 2/2, Box 3.1 sent 2/4
  22. KREAM - Box 3.1 Received 2/7, Box 3.1 sent 2/10
  23. nite_shark - No Contact as of 2/09
  24. TheDude - Box 3.1 Received 2/14, Box 3.1 sent 2/18
  25. builderbob - Box 3.1 Received 2/20, Box 3.1 sent 2/24
  26. Surgikill - Box 3.1 Received 2/26, Box 3.1 sent 3/2
  27. Sigmardin - Box 3.1 en route 3/2 - Final Destination!

*****BOX 3.2 STARTED ON 11/28/14*****

1. Surgikill - Box 3.2 received 12/1, 3.2 sent 12/4
2. Builderbob - Box 3.2 received 12/8, Box 3.2 sent 12/10
3. TheDude - Box 3.2 received 12/17, Shipped 12/19 then lost for 10 days
4. Dchap - Box 3.2 received 12/31, 3.2 sent 1/2 I think
5. Nite_Shark - Requested to be skipped
6. KREAM - Box 3.2 received 1/6, Box 3.2 sent 1/27 to Heather
7. Aikanae - Box 3.2 returned to KREAM 1/27
8. Heather - Box 3.2 received 1/31
9. Mike.Dunning.370 - I know he had it but the dates elude me...
10. DarkOx - Box 3.2 Received 2/8, Box 3.2 sent 2/10
11. Demonical - Box 3.2 Received 2/12, Box 3.2 sent 2/18
12. Rdwillimason - Box 3.2 Received 2/20, Box 3.2 sent 2/23
13. Misswish - Box 3.2 Received 2/25, Box 3.2 sent 2/27
14. JediTT - Box 3.2 Received 3/2, Box 3.2 sent 3/10
15. Xaphan - Box 3.2 Received 3/12, Box 3.2 Sent 3/14
16. Faust - Box 3.2 Received 3/17, Box 3.2 Sent 3/19
17. SmokyBlue - Box 3.2 Received 3/21, Box 3.2 sent 3/??
18. Adk1989 - Box 3.2 Received 4/??, waiting to hear from
19. Sigmardin
20. Nukeum
21. Jadenic
22. Baltoace
23. BobSkinner
24. Robert Schaeffer
25. LD3441
26. Delion

Last edited:

Xaphan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Count me in:D

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think we should do what the other thread is doing with the list of original contents in the box and then mark off and add to the list what we add and take out or whatnot, and do a picture of the box at each stop! just a suggestion

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think we should do what the other thread is doing with the list of original contents in the box and then mark off and add to the list what we add and take out or whatnot, and do a picture of the box at each stop! just a suggestion

I agree, thank you for the suggestion. If everyone is ok with this, I would like to make it 100% random, including the starting person. Is that ok with you folks?

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am good with that, also I am thinking if we are putting in juices we also follow the rule about putting all juice in ziplock bags so if they leak or get out they do not mess up the rest of the box, just some suggestions to help get this rolling

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Agreed again, sorry I didn't post those things initially, I wanted to get the ball rolling and figured I'd post up the rules n such tonight when I get home from work. Feel free to leave any other ideas though please.

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All good I will wait I have a lodge meeting anyways tonight, so will wait and catchup and see what all ya got in for rules and stuff :)

bobskinner

Member For 4 Years
Great to see another box starting, such a great idea these boxes are! Only suggestion I would add is try to keep active in keeping people updated, even if there is a delay for whatever reason. Knowing there is a delay or hangup is better than wondering what's going on, particularly for all the very excited participants and it only takes a second to make a quick update post.

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was thinking of having everyone post the tracking link when they send it so everyone can see where it is... Thoughts?

Demoniacal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
tracking link would be ok, count me in, seeing as it looks like box 3 might never even start

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking of having everyone post the tracking link when they send it so everyone can see where it is... Thoughts?

yes and if it isn't too much trouble.. pix of what was in it when received and pix after.. :) <only if possible..
juice in baggies would be nice too..

my suggestion:

if sending wick and wire.. label them according to what is what..

like 28gage wire
cotton balls
if yarn, specify what type

other than that, can't wait! :)

Demoniacal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now I gotta get more coils for these damn aspire tanks, I'm switching to protanks and rebuildables, guess I'll recoil these to go in the box when it gets to me.

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK folks, guidelines added, give feedback lol

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
sounds good to me..
should we scramble up the names first?
or do a randomizer? that way it's fair for everyone.. maybe?

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I've never heard of this box thing...so basically it goes to everyone and every takes something out and puts something in? Until it goes all the way around?

Demoniacal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I've never heard of this box thing...so basically it goes to everyone and every takes something out and puts something in? Until it goes all the way around?
pretty much just that, great way to get a chance to try new stuff and pass along your old stuff so someone else can enjoy it.

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There aren't really any "rules" to the amount of stuff you can take from the box. It's a common courtesy to take what you need first followed by what you want and to replace it with what you can.
In case someone doesn't know, PIF stands for Pay It Forward. Hope this helps.

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Big word of advice please vote on the poll at the top of this thread so that we can keep appropriate numbers of who is getting in on this box I can tell you now I have a kayfunlite 1:1 I think that will be going in the box, as well as some other items I picked up at my wholesalers place!

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want in!
And I want in after that Kayfun goes in!
Just joking ^^^.

You might want to kick off the box with one of those small little cheapie notebooks inside to help organize and remind people to list what they removed / added along the way. Just a thought.

I do have one special request. No public photos of readable names & addresses?

Thx for doing this.

Last edited:

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would jump in on this but I'm too new. I really don't have anything to give yet lol...maybe on the next one :)

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would jump in on this but I'm too new. I really don't have anything to give yet lol...maybe on the next one :)

Being new is all the more reason to be in on this! There will certainly be things in the box for you to try. It is about PIF which doesn't mean you have put something in if you are new. It's about helping others along the way. This is a lot of fun. :D

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Big word of advice please vote on the poll at the top of this thread so that we can keep appropriate numbers of who is getting in on this box I can tell you now I have a kayfunlite 1:1 I think that will be going in the box, as well as some other items I picked up at my wholesalers place!
I don't see this poll...how do I find it

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We're up to 11 votes on the poll folks, let's get to 20! Tell your friend lol

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was in on a PIF box already, should I not sign up for this one? It was a lot of fun, sign up people!

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where are all those that wanted in the first boxes and couldn't get in? I thought this would fill up in hours.

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Hint: Sign up for some contests. You'll have good, extra stuff in no time. Vaping is very subjective. What doesn't work for you, works well for someone else.

darkox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Signed up for the other one but since it doesn't look like that's happening I'd like to be in on this one. Thanks!

TheDude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in...seems like I sign up for these boxes but never see my name on the list.

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Please make sure you vote at the top of this thread so I can easily keep track of who's in. This will also make it 10x easier for me to compile the list when it's time to randomize the names.

Thanks everyone, y'all are amazing people already!!

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll play too. Count me in. :)

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Sigmardin might I make one more small suggestion, if people use the tracking numbers do not place them in the thread itself, send it to the next person on the list who it is going to then that person can remark they received the tracking number, the reason being privacy and all that so people don't look up the tracking numbers and see where and what addresses the box is going to we don't want any of those kinds of issues taking place, just a suggestion :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm in. Let me say... It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to make sure your bags of juice are secure!! I'll be posting in the PIF I'm currently in about this, as well. I received the box, still have it........ TONS of e-liquid and wicking in this one. So much so, that there's very little room in it. A lot of the juice leaked, mostly inside the ziplocs they were placed in, but some has also gotten all over the ziplocs. I plan to clean them up a bit, but really, it's quite a sticky mess.

With that said, it really is a lot of fun. Count me in, man. Thanks for starting one. :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Sigmardin might I make one more small suggestion, if people use the tracking numbers do not place them in the thread itself, send it to the next person on the list who it is going to then that person can remark they received the tracking number, the reason being privacy and all that so people don't look up the tracking numbers and see where and what addresses the box is going to we don't want any of those kinds of issues taking place, just a suggestion :)

even if i posted up a link to the tracking, it will not show where exactly it is going, other than the city/town..
can understand some might not want that info out there.. should we all take a vote??

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
good point @Smoky Blue I was just trying to help a few people feel better about their privacy not being infringed on, however I forgot that the usps does not put the full mailing address on the tracking page, just the town of origin and town of delivery, though I know some folks in life who would not want everyone knowing the town even they are from so in the spirit of it all I think it should just be up to each individual to let the person know that is sending them the box if they want their tracking number out there or not maybe? Just trying to help out a bit and keep peoples privacy in mind.

VU Sponsors