Become a Patron!

Cloud chaser build let me know what ya think

Okay I'm not new to vaping im jus new to boxes I have a mutation x v2 on a manhattan mod my build is dual 5wrap 20gauge an it chucks pretty good but I want more i want to build a dual 18gauge 4wrap my question is can I go to a unregulated series box without any issues. Any input would be appreciated.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The issues your going to run into are the amp limits of your batteries, especially in series. I would keep an eye our for that.

eKo Vapors

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I probably wouldn't that sounds a bit too much. Considering what series does and how low a dual 4 wrap 18g would be. Be very cautious

Http://www.ekovapors.com

So do you think I should keep the mech I've seen builds with 18 that do good on mechs I jus didn't know if it would be enough power. The reason I am stickin with the big coils even though it seems 24 is where to go I have always said bigger is better so with mine I like to prove it aha my 20ga does no problem I jus want more I'm a gear head so go big or go home is my way haha

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Make sure you have a mosfet in that box if you try it. It'll protect you a lil more. Be careful either way though. If it's more clouds your looking for, are your air holes wide open? More air more clouds...

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well a build will perform regardless of its in a mech or a box mod. The issue has to do with with the battery, and the amp limits it has. You'll bee pushing to low ohms and could potentially just cause a dead short on the battery.

Oh yea I know that that's why I got the mutation it's got 18 air ports
Make sure you have a mosfet in that box if you try it. It'll protect you a lil more. Be careful either way though. If it's more clouds your looking for, are your air holes wide open? More air more clouds...
the nut

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay I'm not new to vaping im jus new to boxes I have a mutation x v2 on a manhattan mod my build is dual 5wrap 20gauge an it chucks pretty good but I want more i want to build a dual 18gauge 4wrap my question is can I go to a unregulated series box without any issues. Any input would be appreciated.

A quick jaunt over to Steam-Engine.org shows me that your first build has a resistance of 0.06 ohms which will pull 70 amps at full charge. That shouldn't be on a FUhattan. You're probably staying in the pulse limit, but you're going to run out of luck one day and blow your hand off. Especially if you try your planned build on a series box.

One a single battery or parallel batteries you'll draw 105 amps. That's already outside of the pulse limit. If you put it on a series box it'll draw 210 amps. There is no sane world in which a build like that is sane.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, yeah, unfortunately there will be issues. Mostly Doctor bills. After you hit it and spot-weld the drip tip to your face as the wicks catch fire.
Ok, yes, I'm being melodramatic, but not by much. I've built dumber things than that. And I'm still in 1 piece. But overall, that's not a safe 2 battery build for and unregulated box, series OR parallel.
4 wraps on a 2.5 mm id will push roughly 160 Amps at 1400 Watts for 2 fully charged 18650 batteries in series. What 80 amp batteries and fire proof lungs were you planning to use, exactly?

VU Sponsors