Become a Patron!

Cloud production & taste vs Coils (ohms)

6BAE5ACC-75DE-4F85-ADFF-17DA4D003786.jpeg C6F5699E-32AB-4A13-84CA-F993BF46D4EA.jpeg

So I’ve tried several coils, several airflow variations and of course several W options, but for the most part expected results are in conflict with what I get.

Had 0.22 ohm coils packed with the head, used them for a while and then decided to try some other ones - 0.35 and 0.15 (currently equiped).

I understood that less resistance should allow me to use more “power” (W), therefore also increasing cloud production, but meh .. not happening.

Whichever coil I put in, pretty much nothing changes. In terms of clouds, @ 50W I get more w/ 0.22 coil than the new 0.15 one.

When I added 0.35 one, I got less clouds. Way less, even @ 60W.

Am I dumb enough to not to get my head around this? :(

Also, could it depend on wicking? 2 pics attached. Overwicked? Underwicked?

Airflow’s 6/10 ATM, but pretty much the same with all 10 open.

Clouds .. fine .. also the taste doesn’t really change. :/

P.S. Drop Solo & CB-60 mod.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't use dual coils nor know the watts I'm using, it is presumably 50 or under on a mech. I use 0.30 to 0.50 +/- 0.0.5 Ω coils. I produce some really nice cloud. I use restricted airflow and lung hit.

Cannot tell anything from your pictures regarding wick. They're too dark and not straight down over the coil shots, I see your coils are wicked but that's about it. Best I can say is imho it seems there's a lot of wick. I like leaving just a bit of space between the top of the wick and top of the coil. Let that space go through the coil, like an air pipe. The whole coil will not stay wet anyway, unless you pack cotton around the coil instead of through the coil. If you got the wick laying in the coil with the top space it'll draw the juice up better plus help over all airflow, adding to better clouds.

Aim for about 75% of what you got in there now from the best I can see. The wick will expand and contract with juice too. That's the nature of molecules. :) None of this is really rocket science. Use some common sense but don't be afraid to try different things. Sometimes as Freud said, "a cigar is simply a cigar." I hope I'm being helpful.

VU Sponsors