Become a Patron!

Cloudmaker Whiteout dna and sx...... issues?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I ordered one of these and supposedly they were going to be shipping out from china (again) tomorrow.
I've participated in plenty of preorders in the past and not had an issue; but, usually I've been smart about who i buy from; and, what I buy.
This thing has been pushed back more than a fat guy wanting to start a diet; and, one of the members of the team who was once very active hasn't been active much lately. ordinarily I would attribute that to trying to meet a deadline; but, with the frequency of which they used to be all over the forum universe and laughing and smiling on you tube, I'm left wondering if I just donated to someone's Costa Rican retirement.
I guess I'm officially a hobbyist vapor having fallen prey to the almighty mod preorder.
To be clear, the original deadlines for those that don't know was August. This has gone August -september- october-November - now December.

Last edited:

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont have an update on mine either ):

Im hoping this is due to being overwhelmed with the take off of a new business and not them just fucking off now that theyve got a pocket full of money to spend on strippers and blow.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was hopng it was all because of hard work and trying to get off the ground. Then I saw reddit; where ian(returnity) is a 49% owner of smogdistro but seems to be trying to dissaciate himself publicly from smog; due to an unexplained absence by the other owner. Leaving one to question, why would a part owner of cloudmaker sidestep the issue of not getting units to buyers from their largest third party vendor; of which he is also a large owner? He sidestepped a question of what happens to people who bought from smog? By saying he can't find the owner. -well he is an owner, so doesn't he bear the responsibility? And where the hell are the mods?

Alot of other questions as well; but, to this guy, its not looking to good.
Its looking like the biggest ride in vape history so far.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That last link has me thinking we may very well be fucked.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yup... That last link was the only reason I am putting up the thread, otherwise I would just kick the cat and have a beer.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And smog is down - it says be back Monday..... yesterday?
http://www.smogdistro.com/password

That was posted over a week ago. Should have been back Monday Nov. 30th.

Smog had Black Friday sales running, $96 for dna Reuleaux's, Noisy Crickets, rx200 Reuleaux's, Crius tanks, and a host of other things....Can you imagine how many people were baited in the hopes of getting a Reuleaux DNA200 for $96 bucks?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOW guys really sorry to hear this. I was just wondering the other day whatever happened to the Whiteout. I was afraid something like this might have. I really hope it turns out better than it looks now. Good luck, I sincerely mean that.

Cheers,
Steve

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Should I start the process for a refund on my card?

Looking kinda bleak.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks, Steve
I do as well. I'm hoping one of th crew say something or respond here. I know one or two are members here.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Should I start the process for a refund on my card?

Looking kinda bleak.
That's a thing we have to decide for ourselves. Tomorrow is the 9th and that was the last deadline they had imposed themselves.
Personally im giving them until the 10th and going to decide from there.
Had I known good dna200 mods were going to be available for almost 100$ I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, Steve
I do as well. I'm hoping one of th crew say something or respond here. I know one or two are members here.

Ill wait till friday, and if nothing comes to light Ill submit a refund request.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That was posted over a week ago. Should have been back Monday Nov. 30th.

Smog had Black Friday sales running, $96 for dna Reuleaux's, Noisy Crickets, rx200 Reuleaux's, Crius tanks, and a host of other things....Can you imagine how many people were baited in the hopes of getting a Reuleaux DNA200 for $96 bucks?
Imagine the cash they got that day.

Still, I dont see why they would risk prison time for what couldnt be more than a generous 50k.
Can barely buy a new car for that shit.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Imagine the cash they got that day.

Still, I dont see why they would risk prison time for what couldnt be more than a generous 50k.
Can barely buy a new car for that shit.

I don't know man, it could be 4x that amount. Couple that with the whiteouts sold during pre-sale....

A whiteout customer posted on reddit, asking how CM was going to deal with this

"So whats going on here, can you find the smog order numbers. This is totally not right man. CMT referred us to Smog to be able to order first with the pre-orders. So its what i did, i ordered on July 2, been over 5 months. Gotta be a way to still get our whiteouts,this is not right. We were literally your first orders..."

His post was met with roaring silence

Last edited:

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wow. I had this one on my short list aside from the small LiPo. I'm glad I didn't jump in. I got the steal on a DNA 200 Reuleaux, and with my Tugboat DNA, I'm good for now. I just had to take apart my Reuleaux to reseat the screen ribbon, that's enough for me to deal with. I'm sorry this is happening. So shady and uncool. Especially a vaper made crowd sourced device. Good luck to all, I would give it until Friday at most, and if no communication, time to call the bank for a chargeback. I hate doing that, but no communication and no device, no real other option.

I wish you all luck. Such a promising device. It seems these crowd sourced vape devices are bad news. Innocent or not, they seem they can't deliver. Unfortunate at best...

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had a similar issue with militia mods. Nothing fraudulent, but definitely not ready for prime time. Lots of issues. Nice guy. People are getting mods, but I bowed out. Called the CC company and went my separate way.

CMT seemed like a serious effort. Definitely a demand in the market. I really hope you guys get what you want. Hopefully just juggling things trying to get a business of the ground. But don't wait too long to cut bait. If they make it, you can buy one later. Don't even waste time with CMT. Just dispute with CC or PP and be done.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It gets worse
https://www.reddit.com/r/cloudmaker/comments/3vz3kp/concerns_about_smog_distribution_preorders/

Keep in mind @returnity the marketing director of cloudmaker owns 49% of smogdistro

It does get worse. Look what Jeff from Smog just posted. A foul mouth tongue lashing blaming the customers
I wonder if CMT and Smog got their stories straight before coming out with this bullshit. These guys have to be in cahoots. Smog says he paid CM for the mods, and CM says Smog never paid them. How convenient

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmogGB/comments/3vygv1/hi_d00ds/?sort=confidence

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, looks like I officially got fucked sideways with zero lube

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Damn... Chargeback time. I don't understand people who operate like these individuals.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Big dreams and they have it in their mind that shit will just happen. Meanwhile we as customers will just wait.
Well, I can wait but closing in on 6 months is just ridiculous

Last edited:

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So.. wait. I cant even chargeback after 90 days. Are you fucking kidding me.
A CM and extra panel kits.

I should have bought a fucking DNA 200 VS..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So.. wait. I cant even chargeback after 90 days. Are you fucking kidding me.
A CM and extra panel kits.

I should have bought a fucking DNA 200 VS..
Ehhh I did that too. Lol
You'll have to contact your bank.
I'm still giving them till the 10th to see what they say or come up with. Only because of the bullshit cc crap. But I went through cmt, not smog.
Still dude, it blows goats about smog.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone needs to call the Police before they all disappear. This is grand theft. One of the owner's of CMT was one of the owner's of Smog Distribution. They are offering Smog Distro victims 100 off a re-order. So, Jeff & Ian from smog don't have to pay anything back, and CMT gets to make an extra $100 bucks off a mod they never delivered in the first place.... again, How Convenient. These guys have some nerve thats for sure.

Jeff from Smog admits he was broke and still took people's money on his Black Friday sale, knowing full well he didn't have the money to pay for the items in the first place. I think the Feds call this a "Ponzi Scheme". Although on a much larger scale, Berny Maddoff is in prision for the rest of his life for doing the exact same thing.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I went through smog cause CMT wasnt operable then.:(:mad:
Oh shit dude I am so sorry!!!!
You're gonna have to call your bank /cc and try and get that charged back. That link has the info from smog saying he's OOB. Hopefully that will help.
Also, depending on how all this shakes out, and IF cmt is for real, they are offering people with original smog receipts the cm for 100$.
Kind of a "fuck you" imho, but figured in the Interest of full disclosure ....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Someone needs to call the Police before they all disappear. This is grand theft. One of the owner's of CMT was one of the owner's of Smog Distribution. They are offering Smog Distro victims 100 off a re-order. So, Jeff & Ian from smog don't have to pay anything back, and CMT gets to make an extra $100 bucks off a mod they never delivered in the first place.... again, How Convenient. These guys have some nerve thats for sure.

Jeff from Smog admits he was broke and still took people's money on his Black Friday sale, knowing full well he didn't have the money to pay for the items in the first place. I think the Feds call this a "Ponzi Scheme". Although on a much larger scale, Berny Maddoff is in prision for the rest of his life for doing the exact same thing.
That's not a terrible idea.
Gonna do some homework tonight and tomorrow and male some calls tomorrow.
I know cmt is in Cali, not sure where smog is... But Cali has some strange corporate laws.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
k ive red th ereddit stuff
I havent preordered one but this is my take

Smog fucked up
CMT according to th e info on reddit has done nothing wrong and is trying to help people out
Also whoever from CMT who people are saying is part owner of SMOG - that same person posted later he never actually received that ownership and was only promised it after Jeff's divorce.

SO smog is not shipping any CMs and is not issuing refunds AT THIS TIME which may change after Jeff talks to his lawyer but if he is really broke you cant get blood from a turnip.

The only people fucked at this point are smog customers.
CMT claims they are still producing units and will ship eventually
so if you ordered direct you may be fine if your willing to wait

Smog customers should call their bank/cc

now if collusion between smog and cmt can be proven then cmt is responsible as well.

I feel bad for all those fucked by smog and hope you all get restitution

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
k ive red th ereddit stuff
I havent preordered one but this is my take

Smog fucked up
CMT according to th e info on reddit has done nothing wrong and is trying to help people out
Also whoever from CMT who people are saying is part owner of SMOG - that same person posted later he never actually received that ownership and was only promised it after Jeff's divorce.

SO smog is not shipping any CMs and is not issuing refunds AT THIS TIME which may change after Jeff talks to his lawyer but if he is really broke you cant get blood from a turnip.

The only people fucked at this point are smog customers.
CMT claims they are still producing units and will ship eventually
so if you ordered direct you may be fine if your willing to wait

Smog customers should call their bank/cc

now if collusion between smog and cmt can be proven then cmt is responsible as well.

I feel bad for all those fucked by smog and hope you all get restitution
only for the sake of accuracy, the gentleman had said himself on one of the first links that he was 49% owner. He posted that just yesterday I believe. So according to him, he is. Everything else, I want to agree with; but, having money in the wind, makes it difficult

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
only for the sake of accuracy, the gentleman had said himself on one of the first links that he was 49% owner. He posted that just yesterday I believe. So according to him, he is. Everything else, I want to agree with; but, having money in the wind, makes it difficult
on one of the reddit links I believe
that person corrected the post saying he was suppose to be an 49% owner but never was.

So its very confusing if you ask me.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
on one of the reddit links I believe
that person corrected the post saying he was suppose to be an 49% owner but never was.

So its very confusing if you ask me.

To me it looked like he knew he fucked up posting that and tried to cover his ass afterwards.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I agree with bad luck... I'm guessing its a simple matter of asscovering there, albeit, he may have been given the 49% share as his part of the juice line, but at this point any lying whatsoever, just affirms their loss of credibility.
Especially after them completely going radio silent.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I mean, if anything while hes going through a divorce he would want to sell off 51% of his company to someone with the chance to buy back 2% within an alotted time at a specific price.

That way his soon to be ex couldnt claim any of the company.

Its just all so fucking fishy. I wish I would have been following this closer. Ive just been waiting on it like I would for some fasttech order.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
He just edited that post earlier today.
Hana, I wonder if it was after my post here. I was pretty sure I saw that correctly earlier. he is a member here.

More of a reason .....

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can see it now, they will deliver 100 units, and announce they are going bankrupt and blame it on the customers for all the charge-backs, just like Smog did.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can see it now, they will deliver 100 units, and announce they are going bankrupt and blame it on the customers for all the charge-backs, just like Smog did.
Ah fuck, at this point, the reason for me wanting it-swap out chips easily- is probably moot. they would have to eb a sustainable business for that to even be maintainable. wtf

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess it was a pipe dream lol...

They always say, if it seems too good to be true..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have 26 hours left to hope.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I think you guys are jumpiing the gun
SMOG is fucked
but CMT says its business as usual.

Now I get that post about 1 guy from CMT being part owner of SMOG making you all suspicious of CMT

personally if i ordered form SMOG id be pissed. If I ordered from CMT Id be patient, waiting 5 months already whats a few more days/weeks to see how it pans out with CMT. BUT KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON IT

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think you guys are jumpiing the gun
SMOG is fucked
but CMT says its business as usual.

Now I get that post about 1 guy from CMT being part owner of SMOG making you all suspicious of CMT

personally if i ordered form SMOG id be pissed. If I ordered from CMT Id be patient, waiting 5 months already whats a few more days/weeks to see how it pans out with CMT. BUT KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON IT

I agree, its just that I got caught up in the SD part of it. So I basically got fucked, at least for a majority of my money if there is a 90 day limit on refunds ( I havent called my bank yet )

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As fast as this industry is moving, if you can't get something out that is unique in design in a timely manner, it will be tough to be successful. People just don't have the attention span and patients to wait long for something when they constantly see new innovative devices whizzing by. Like the dnaReuleaux for example, selling for a little over half the price.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
See, I'm more the geek, that was into this for it's purpose over form.
The jaybo is gorgeous and I will end up with one, but I was hoping for this as a vapor erector set. With an Arduino. Lol

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

"We are human too, not a faceless corporate entity, so this negatively is mentally draining on us. We aren't driven by profits - the entire team is working around the clock for pennies and I have funded the development of Cloudmaker Technologies personally out of pocket - we are driven by the prospect of a thoughtful community where people are innovating on a consumer level. For our morale, it's important that we reach this goal".

Code words for "you are about to be screwed", and "it's all your fault for this failing".......silence.....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
"We are human too, not a faceless corporate entity, so this negatively is mentally draining on us. We aren't driven by profits - the entire team is working around the clock for pennies and I have funded the development of Cloudmaker Technologies personally out of pocket - we are driven by the prospect of a thoughtful community where people are innovating on a consumer level. For our morale, it's important that we reach this goal".

Code words for "you are about to be screwed", and "it's all your fault for this failing".......silence.....
Right? Then there's the bashing of people because "you didn't have to preorder!!" And "some people shouldn't preorder!"
Well,
Some people when asked directly, how long do estimate the timeframe to be?
Should answer. Honestly!-not say, " production should take until the end of summer" or better yet, when you change a deadline fro august-just extend till the end of the year at least then you're not stringing people along. The stringing and dragging of motherfuckers, is that part that gets old. I've preordered, give me honest answers and don't scold me like a beaten child and ok fine, but to disrespect me like I should just shut up and not want any info? Then lie?
The lying! Pisses me off!!
The scolding me for all of the above makes me really pissed!
I'm supposed to be ok with a 5month delay and being lied to.....and watching them laugh all the way through. Like pointing at you tube an laughing because they got in my wallet.
Well, today im calling the California and Delaware attorney general and am going to run some biz reports. O gave my money in good faith, I want to look into a few things and see how dumb I was, especially 'commingling of funds', and ' 'freud by deception.'

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fuckin A

This just gets better and better..
Ive filed for a refund this morning. My bank was very understanding of the situation and its going through the fraud department. I also chose the option of having it sent to an outside agency for review.

VU Sponsors