Become a Patron!

Cloudmaker Whiteout dna and sx...... issues?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's messed up them shipping them to a vendor before people that pre-ordered directly from them. That's the main reason I won't do pre-orders. The one time I tried, the place I pre-ordered from ended up canceling my order after a lengthy wait because they oversold or were under delivered (depends on who you believe). I think most times you will get it just as quick if not quicker by waiting and ordering from a vendor that has it in stock! On top of that you are not left waiting months while someone is holding your money.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's messed up them shipping them to a vendor before people that pre-ordered directly from them. That's the main reason I won't do pre-orders. The one time I tried, the place I pre-ordered from ended up canceling my order after a lengthy wait because they oversold or were under delivered (depends on who you believe). I think most times you will get it just as quick if not quicker by waiting and ordering from a vendor that has it in stock! On top of that you are not left waiting months while someone is holding your money.

Cheers,
Steve
I don't know on this one, I dont think it's like the sxmini, where all preorders and vendor orders went at the same time. Its my understanding that any order placed before 9/26 went out last week; and, all other orders are going out now.
If that is the case than I'm ok with it. If it'd not than that is way messed up after some have waited 6-7months to see them on a store shelf. Or a smog order person...

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thread suggests some people still don't have theirs who have been waiting 6+ months while a vendor already has them in stock. That's why I said it's messed up. On top of that if everyone would have waited, they would have got them at worst 2 weeks later while not agonizing over a 6+ month wait. I can wait 2 weeks as opposed to someone holding my money for over a half of year. Or in the case of Smog orders, losing my money!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This thread suggests some people still don't have theirs who have been waiting 6+ months while a vendor already has them in stock. That's why I said it's messed up. On top of that if everyone would have waited, they would have got them at worst 2 weeks later while not agonizing over a 6+ month wait. I can wait 2 weeks as opposed to someone holding my money for over a half of year. Or in the case of Smog orders, losing my money!
Roger roger assclown p4u got me like that on the ipv4.
The whole thing has been like 'national lampoons ' movie.
Everytime you think nothing else can go wrong........it does.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Roger roger assclown p4u got me like that on the ipv4.
The whole thing has been like 'national lampoons ' movie.
Everytime you think nothing else can go wrong........it does.
That's a coincidence, the mod I was referring to when my pre-order was cancelled was also an IPV4. I never did end up getting one lol. By the time it all came to pass, the IPV3 Li was released and I ended up getting that instead. In the end it worked out for the best imo!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's a coincidence, the mod I was referring to when my pre-order was cancelled was also an IPV4. I never did end up getting one lol. By the time it all came to pass, the IPV3 Li was released and I ended up getting that instead. In the end it worked out for the best imo!
Likewise, I just never bothered. that whole clusterfuck made me never get an p4u product again, I sold my ipvmini. there is so much gear out there with the same boards in the same price brackets that I just looked elsewhere.

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has anyone here cancel their pre order for the whiteout ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has canceling a pre order rules changed ? Not so long ago if you didn't receive the product or the pre ordered hasn't been already processed and on its way . Us customers had the right to cancel and expect a full refund . Is this still the standard ?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I dunno dude, don't see why not.

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
75ff0fe1f0fef7ff8c4b40c18e972938.jpg

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This was the response I got Monday morning after I sent my first cancel order request .

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Second request was sent on Wednesday with feedback included . Today is Friday and just sent my third request . I know all of them check their emails on the and don't understand why they can't just send me one that says ok done and process me a refund .

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I never air out my crap but at end of my rope on this deal

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
More than understood dude.... have you posted in the subreddit? that was where I had gotten the most contact.

DevilDogDoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, pulled the trigger on a CM SX from eciggity, ordered last night and it was picked up this afternoon. I'm on the west coast so it shouldn't be too long coming from Hawaii. Still pissed about my piece of shit Hohmwrecker but at least if the Whiteout fails I can replace the parts myself and upgrade as my needs change. Can't wait!!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
COOL MAN, PLEASE POST YOUR IMPRESSIONS WHEN YOU GET IT

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Eciggity must of ordered a lot of units on pre order ... I just checked and a person can order up to 30 Sx white outs .....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am wondering how long it will take for YIHI to sell the ML or Q . I would think they would match evolv and flood the market .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The concept is a surefire winner, but at 200$ with the v1 board.,.. ehhhhhh no comment

If they're selling it with the V1 board they'll probably have them in stock for a bit. A couple other nicer (IMO) SX boxes on the market at similar price point that come with the V2 board. Renegade X and Boxer SX

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If they're selling it with the V1 board they'll probably have them in stock for a bit. A couple other nicer (IMO) SX boxes on the market at similar price point that come with the V2 board. Renegade X and Boxer SX
yeah I know... the v1board is a damn nice board, no question about it.
but if the concept is to stay on top of tech with that mod...... why buy it with the previous gen tech for current gen price?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When they announced the release of the v2 I had the sxmod ordered... thankfully I changed the order back then to the DNA version.
The plan then was to release a kit to swap out to the v2 board when yihi out the v2 for sale to the public.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
yeah I know... the v1board is a damn nice board, no question about it.
but if the concept is to stay on top of tech with that mod...... why buy it with the previous gen tech for current gen price?

Yup it'd be kind of like going to the car lot to buy a new car and buying last years model. Then have to buy the Wifi, satellite etc.. to make it match current model. :)

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
PSA for the folks like me trying to cancel their whiteout order .....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh holy fuck :(

Dude I'm sorry.....

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ha ha ha ha it is what is just getting word out to others ....

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You must feel like you fell asleep and woke up in the movie Groundhog Day. Just messing around buddy. Sorry to hear of your continued troubles with this.

Cheers,
Steve

DevilDogDoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got my SX today hits hard and feels good in the hand. No issues so far looks great and works as it should out of the box. Unlike my piece of shit Hohmwrecker. I'll update if something changes.......

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ha ha ha Steve sure does seem like it . And @DevilDogDoc I hope you have zero issues with it . I have heard a lot of bad about the hohmwrecker mod . With all my mod buying I am glad I passed on that one ......

DevilDogDoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I gotta be honest, I'm a simple man and all my mod has to do is fire every time I hit the button. This does. It fits well in my hand, the batteries last long enough for me, I got plenty. No glitches or weird shit. My screen is a little crooked, big whoop. I updated the FW and it TC's SS great. Lots of acronyms there!!! In short I'm pleased, Homhtech can suck a bag of dicks, I'm glad it broke again so I had the excuse to buy what I really wanted.

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's good to hear that your happy and not having any issues .

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So how is the build quality on this? I am kind of on the search for a dual batt sx350j mod. I am really looking for a v2 board I know this one is not that, but the mod I had about pulled the trigger on is not either. The ones I am seeing with the v2 board I am not so sure on. So even though the Whiteout mods are not the board I am really looking for if the build quality is there between the panel change options and the board upgrade option it does give it some appeal. I wish I could find one cheaper though since it is an older board. I would also consider the dna200 Whiteout but they are not seemingly available at the moment.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was using my dna version today, and the build wise its hard to say... if you wanted the modularity and expandability, I would say go for it. if that is not of any interest to you wait for the 'Q'class from yihi. it really is something for a specific audience. I would advise anyone interested to check out there reddit page and get a picture of what it really is.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was using my dna version today, and the build wise its hard to say... if you wanted the modularity and expandability, I would say go for it. if that is not of any interest to you wait for the 'Q'class from yihi. it really is something for a specific audience. I would advise anyone interested to check out there reddit page and get a picture of what it really is.
link? I hate trying to find something on reddit

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I misread your post. Was looking for more info on the Q class
Check yihi's Facebook. I don't have FB but I know that is where most of the info on that one is coming from.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to say build wise? Does it feel cheap and or flimsy? I understand it is a tinkers mod but it seems that the opinion on the mods are all over the place. I understand some may have not understood that the mod may require some tweaking, but if it does not have a solid feel to it that will be a disappointment.

I am waiting on the Q but I got that new mod itch and the Q might not be available for a couple months.

I have looked at dna200's but just don't see anything really interesting unless I drop more coin.

Maybe I will have to give it all more thought.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hard to say build wise? Does it feel cheap and or flimsy? I understand it is a tinkers mod but it seems that the opinion on the mods are all over the place. I understand some may have not understood that the mod may require some tweaking, but if it does not have a solid feel to it that will be a disappointment.

I am waiting on the Q but I got that new mod itch and the Q might not be available for a couple months.

I have looked at dna200's but just don't see anything really interesting unless I drop more coin.

Maybe I will have to give it all more thought.
There are things that are an ocd vapors nightmare that I would hate to be responsible for someone buying a 200$ mod then not liking it.
Mine- I love it, its a great platform and well thought out.
The metal is thin which makes it light.
Its the same weight as my vaporshark dna200 which I love to death, but the vsdna is built better overall.
Some people had the USB port askew and they had a nightmare. BUT because its a tinkers mod, that is easily remedied.
Would I buy it again? Yes I would, and I am one that buys for strictly for build quality.
Now, it is much lighter than the m class and doesnt have that bang someone in the head feel.
Its awkward for me to try and describe.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So how is the build quality on this? I am kind of on the search for a dual batt sx350j mod. I am really looking for a v2 board I know this one is not that, but the mod I had about pulled the trigger on is not either. The ones I am seeing with the v2 board I am not so sure on. So even though the Whiteout mods are not the board I am really looking for if the build quality is there between the panel change options and the board upgrade option it does give it some appeal. I wish I could find one cheaper though since it is an older board. I would also consider the dna200 Whiteout but they are not seemingly available at the moment.

Are you able to build yourself? What are you looking for other than dual 18650? I would grab one of these if I had a stack of cash to spend but honestly I think once the SX450 or Q class is released the prices on these will drop. In addition to a lot of quality boards coming from other manufactures in China

For $100 you can get a DIY Renegade with the SX350 V2 dual batt
http://www.varitube.com/Renegade-X-V1-Kit-with-V2-SX-J-Chip--Temp-Limiting--Complete-kit_p_212.html

$160 - $180 for a Hydro Dipped Renegade
http://www.varitube.com/Renegade-X--Hydro_c_33.html

For $130 you can get a DIY Renegade RGX II with the SX350 V2 dual batt $160 built.
http://www.varitube.com/Renegade--R...miting--Complete-kit-or-Vape-Ready_p_393.html

VU Sponsors