Become a Patron!

Cloudmaker Whiteout dna and sx...... issues?

DevilDogDoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My SX has been flawless, fires every time I hit the button. TC works well with SS, there are options for Ti and Ni200 also. I love it. There are a lot of reports of the DNA chip failures, well the screen and whatnot. I can only remember 1 or 2 SX issues. When V2 comes out, I'll throw it in there.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My SX has been flawless, fires every time I hit the button. TC works well with SS, there are options for Ti and Ni200 also. I love it. There are a lot of reports of the DNA chip failures, well the screen and whatnot. I can only remember 1 or 2 SX issues. When V2 comes out, I'll throw it in there.
The only thing in all fairness, cmt sold a whole lot more DNA mods than dx mods, so the sample size is larger.
-just sayin

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you able to build yourself? What are you looking for other than dual 18650? I would grab one of these if I had a stack of cash to spend but honestly I think once the SX450 or Q class is released the prices on these will drop. In addition to a lot of quality boards coming from other manufactures in China

For $100 you can get a DIY Renegade with the SX350 V2 dual batt
http://www.varitube.com/Renegade-X-V1-Kit-with-V2-SX-J-Chip--Temp-Limiting--Complete-kit_p_212.html

$160 - $180 for a Hydro Dipped Renegade
http://www.varitube.com/Renegade-X--Hydro_c_33.html

For $130 you can get a DIY Renegade RGX II with the SX350 V2 dual batt $160 built.
http://www.varitube.com/Renegade--R...miting--Complete-kit-or-Vape-Ready_p_393.html
I have never built a box before and would probably chose the have them build it option for the extra $30.

As far as what it is am looking for besides the dual batt it really is the new board. I got the new mod itch and I have the M class which I enjoy but find the single batt limiting. I do not see a reason for the ML because it to is a single batt even though it has the newer board. I have a dna 200 so none of the ones on the market are really speaking to me, but more dna 133's are coming out but I like the Sx boards quite a bit.

I have all three of those on my radar. I actually had a hydro selected for purchase but all the hydros have a v1 board. I inquired about a board swap but I would have to purchase the V2 board on top of the 160/180 and then I would be in 240 for the hydro with a v2 and that is more than I am looking to spend for a dual batt SX.

I am considering the RGX II but adding the 30 to have them build it. I am not sure about the colored brushed aluminum so Perry from Varitube is supposed to post a a finished one on the fb page tonight so I can get a better look at what they colored will look like.

I am also contemplating a SP Custom Renegade but again no hydro option and not sure about the powder coat color options, but with the SP I can get engraving done and a few extras.

Part of me is thinking just wait for the Q but the itch is strong and it is easy to talk myself into something new now, and then make a Q purchase a little while after it has been on the market for a bit. Like you say though If I was patient (not my strong suit) these prices on the SX stuff will probably drop a bit unless they do not offer the SX450 as a moder board.

Sorry for the thread derail.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Part of my logic as well about throwing the new board in the whiteout, but it is a little bit of a turn off to spend 2 bills and plan on another 80 on top of it so quickly.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have never built a box before and would probably chose the have them build it option for the extra $30.

As far as what it is am looking for besides the dual batt it really is the new board. I got the new mod itch and I have the M class which I enjoy but find the single batt limiting. I do not see a reason for the ML because it to is a single batt even though it has the newer board. I have a dna 200 so none of the ones on the market are really speaking to me, but more dna 133's are coming out but I like the Sx boards quite a bit.

I have all three of those on my radar. I actually had a hydro selected for purchase but all the hydros have a v1 board. I inquired about a board swap but I would have to purchase the V2 board on top of the 160/180 and then I would be in 240 for the hydro with a v2 and that is more than I am looking to spend for a dual batt SX.

I am considering the RGX II but adding the 30 to have them build it. I am not sure about the colored brushed aluminum so Perry from Varitube is supposed to post a a finished one on the fb page tonight so I can get a better look at what they colored will look like.

I am also contemplating a SP Custom Renegade but again no hydro option and not sure about the powder coat color options, but with the SP I can get engraving done and a few extras.

Part of me is thinking just wait for the Q but the itch is strong and it is easy to talk myself into something new now, and then make a Q purchase a little while after it has been on the market for a bit. Like you say though If I was patient (not my strong suit) these prices on the SX stuff will probably drop a bit unless they do not offer the SX450 as a moder board.

Sorry for the thread derail.
Signature mods in Europe had some killer SD mods
http://signaturetips.com/signatures/signature-mod-s/signature-mods-dual-sx350j-monosx-li-po-sx.html

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Part of my logic as well about throwing the new board in the whiteout, but it is a little bit of a turn off to spend 2 bills and plan on another 80 on top of it so quickly.
that right there is WHY alot of people, myself included, switched to the DNA version

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks nice. Kind of hard to tell if it is really in stock because they talk about 50 being shipped and then the rest by a later date. I also could not tell if it was a v1 or a v2 board.

that right there is WHY alot of people, myself included, switched to the DNA version
I found a place for the Whiteout 200 but I am totally on the fence with the whiteout.

DevilDogDoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only thing in all fairness, cmt sold a whole lot more DNA mods than dx mods, so the sample size is larger.
-just sayin
That may very well be true but from what I have ready about evolv chips this seems to be par for the course.....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That may very well be true but from what I have ready about evolv chips this seems to be par for the course.....
with the dna40,you are 100% correct! with the 200, I think its more a case of more sold equals more issues.
But the 40 was in fact a horrendous ordeal.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I pre-ordered my Whiteout DNA beginning of November 2015, directly at CMT. Today, it finally arrived. I ordered a 1300mAh LiPo battery, and some XT60 and XT30 connectors. I was out of XT60, that I'm using for my R/C Helicopters as well. I'll have to put a little adapter together, in order to be able to charge the Whiteout's LiPo with my balance charger, for which I have a para board with XT60 connectors.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pre-ordered my Whiteout DNA beginning of November 2015, directly at CMT. Today, it finally arrived. I ordered a 1300mAh LiPo battery, and some XT60 and XT30 connectors. I was out of XT60, that I'm using for my R/C Helicopters as well. I'll have to put a little adapter together, in order to be able to charge the Whiteout's LiPo with my balance charger, for which I have a para board with XT60 connectors.
How do you like it so far?

Edit I know you just received it. I was wondering what your first impression is?

Cheers,
Steve

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
How do you like it so far?
I love it as much as my Reuleaux DNA. Therefore, I just copied the profiles over to the Whiteout. I'm currently using the Whiteout, since the Reuleaux's batteries are in the charger. Both mods definitely outperform the Reuleaux RX in TC. I noticed something today, when I switched my Mutank with it's replacement coil head to the Reuleaux RX. I wasn't sure, what wire they are using, but on the DNA, I was able to use the Mutank in TC, and it was working perfectly. However, the RX switched to power mode.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got the panel kit,.. thought this looked kinda cool
temporary_zpsxgwvaz27.jpg

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wondering what changes to mod after they move to the new factory . Hopefully QC on top of the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wondering what changes to mod after they move to the new factory . Hopefully QC on top of the list

If you check their website they wrote a page long article on the qc!...Im quite impressed there

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you check their website they wrote a page long article on the qc!...Im quite impressed there
I wonder how accurate those reported issues numbers are. I have seen multiple people mention a crooked usb and they said 0 reported issues but a known problem.

On topic of my earlier thread derail I went with an engraved Renegade RGX II with a V2 board from SP Customs. I am still eyeing the Cloudmaker but I'll give it more time to see how the company does with their qc, production availability, and how board upgrades go with this device.

Now there is nothing to do but wait for my new box an watch for the Q to drop.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wonder how accurate those reported issues numbers are. I have seen multiple people mention a crooked usb and they said 0 reported issues but a known problem.

On topic of my earlier thread derail I went with an engraved Renegade RGX II with a V2 board from SP Customs. I am still eyeing the Cloudmaker but I'll give it more time to see how the company does with their qc, production availability, and how board upgrades go with this device.

Now there is nothing to do but wait for my new box an watch for the Q to drop.
That issue is user serviceable though.
Just have to loosen and recently the board. It's more of a sideeffect of the concept. She'd be fixed before sent but in my opinion after the 5 minutes it took to fix, easily forgiveable

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That issue is user serviceable though.
Just have to loosen and recently the board. It's more of a sideeffect of the concept. She'd be fixed before sent but in my opinion after the 5 minutes it took to fix, easily forgiveable
I get that aspect, but saying no reported issues on a matter I have seen mentioned multiple times makes me wonder if either the numbers are skewed or there is a barrier on what qualifies as a reported issue. Or maybe complaints on their fb page and complaints on their website comment section along with other areas of the web do not qualify and an actual official report needs to be filed.

If their numbers are accurate 3 SX board issues is pretty dang good. I would of liked to of seen a estimated total # of mods sold as well in that report to get the full grasp. Of course # of mods sold would not make for a accurate comparison either since that # would include mods sold to vendors that still have unsold product where qc complaints would likely be unreported so far.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, the way I took that was no other vendor that I've done business with has been that open about anything. When it came to shortcomings with qc. and I bit no means am defending them, they have so,e issues, but....they appear, at least, to be owning them. Which is much better than a lot of companies these days.

-I still can't in good conscience tell anyone to go out and buy one. Just being fair.

On the SX boards, I really think that's a matter of the odds, they didn't sell as much as the DNA. I don't have numbers, just an observation

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the way I took that was no other vendor that I've done business with has been that open about anything. When it came to shortcomings with qc. and I bit no means am defending them, they have so,e issues, but....they appear, at least, to be owning them. Which is much better than a lot of companies these days.

-I still can't in good conscience tell anyone to go out and buy one. Just being fair.

On the SX boards, I really think that's a matter of the odds, they didn't sell as much as the DNA. I don't have numbers, just an observation
That is true the majority of manufactures in any industry do not typically disclose service and qc complaints.

The dna board issues are listed as 7 and that seems good to me to from a manufacturer aspect, but of course I have no idea how many are actually in the wild but in my mind it would be some type of thousands, but I have no idea on how many jumped on board for this project.

I appreciate your candor on the device and your refusal to hype the product even though you have been enjoying your personal experience with the device.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That is true the majority of manufactures in any industry do not typically disclose service and qc complaints.

The dna board issues are listed as 7 and that seems good to me to from a manufacturer aspect, but of course I have no idea how many are actually in the wild but in my mind it would be some type of thousands, but I have no idea on how many jumped on board for this project.

I appreciate your candor on the device and your refusal to hype the product even though you have been enjoying your personal experience with the device.
Lol, thank you for that. The bottom line is, th device really is useless. It's an oversized 200$ DNA box. If someone wanted a DNA mod, I would easily tell them the jaybo for longevity or the vaporshark for portability, and anything other than this if they liked it.
This really is a niche market, and without the mods for it.... It's just a box. That new 1300mah lava is looks pretty tight too!

Forgive me, but my head injury is acting up, what did you decide on the renegade?

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, thank you for that. The bottom line is, th device really is useless. It's an oversized 200$ DNA box. If someone wanted a DNA mod, I would easily tell them the jaybo for longevity or the vaporshark for portability, and anything other than this if they liked it.
This really is a nice market, and without the mods for it.... It's just a box. That new 1300mah lava is looks pretty tight too!

Forgive me, but my head injury is acting up, what did you decide on the renegade?
That is real talk right there.

On the Renegade I pulled the trigger but I purchased from SP Customs. He builds some of the Renegades For Varitube. I went with the RGX II, V2 board with some engraving in a gloss black powder coat. I never decided one way or the other on button and 510 color and figure i'll either i'll get the silver by default or send him a message and go the all black.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That is real talk right there.

On the Renegade I pulled the trigger but I purchased from SP Customs. He builds some of the Renegades For Varitube. I went with the RGX II, V2 board with some engraving in a gloss black powder coat. I never decided one way or the other on button and 510 color and figure i'll either i'll get the silver by default or send him a message and go the all black.
nice dude!!!!! All black stealth sounds badass!!!

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Most manufactures don't make statements like this on public forums either. Was kind of shocked when I seen this as it could be harmful to their supply chain.
Search for "office favorite"
https://www.reddit.com/r/cloudmaker/comments/415eq3/one_thing_worries_me_so_if_the_dna_200_is_so/

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well.. I guess I am in the minority again...
color me a stupid fucking idiot... could be worse, it ould be provape

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Most manufactures don't make statements like this on public forums either. Was kind of shocked when I seen this as it could be harmful to their supply chain.
Search for "office favorite"
https://www.reddit.com/r/cloudmaker/comments/415eq3/one_thing_worries_me_so_if_the_dna_200_is_so/
Well.. I guess I am in the minority again...
color me a stupid fucking idiot... could be worse, it ould be provape
There is/was a similar issue with the ribbon leading from the DNA 200 board to the display with the Reuleaux DNA 200. However, the only mention and fix for the problem was on Evolve's Early User forum.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There is/was a similar issue with the ribbon leading from the DNA 200 board to the display with the Reuleaux DNA 200. However, the only mention and fix for the problem was on Evolve's Early User forum.
I thought I saw djlsb labs shoe how to fix it on the wismec.

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I hate to say it now . But with all the FDA regs this box mod is making more sense . Has there been any progress with CM ?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well I hate to say it now . But with all the FDA regs this box mod is making more sense . Has there been any progress with CM ?

I haven't checked there Reddit in a while: you're right though, they were either prophetic or visionary in concept. I know I have mine, and so far so good as far as it working. But that's all I've got so far.

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I just checked the Reddit sounds like as if April 28 they just got another batch from China . They are going to check out the QC and finish the pre orders . As per CM accessories will be coming soon .

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does anyone know of any other companies that make this kind of rebuildable mods ?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Does anyone know of any other companies that make this kind of rebuildable mods ?

VapeNW has a mod made by Starss, the player mod. It's a DNA 200, all panels are changeable, I believe, and it can do dual 18650 or LiPo. It's around $129 I think, and they've been out of stock. It looks nice. I just scored a deal on a VT133, so it will be a bit, but I could see myself getting a Player Mod.

Here is a link. http://vapenw.com/new-arrival/new-arrivals/player-mod-dna133-dna200-by-starss

I like it. I'll be interested in how it turns out.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VapeNW has a mod made by Starss, the player mod. It's a DNA 200, all panels are changeable, I believe, and it can do dual 18650 or LiPo. It's around $129 I think, and they've been out of stock. It looks nice. I just scored a deal on a VT133, so it will be a bit, but I could see myself getting a Player Mod.

Here is a link. http://vapenw.com/new-arrival/new-arrivals/player-mod-dna133-dna200-by-starss

I like it. I'll be interested in how it turns out.
I think we both probably got the same deal. Heck I had to add a $.99 case to qualify for free shipping. After reading what the FDA has in store for us. I think the time to stock up is now. Looking at getting a few extra RTA's and obviously some more 100mg Nic as well. What a wonderful place we live in that the FDA seems to be more interested in protecting BT profits than it's own citizen's health. I'm thoroughly disgusted!!! :mad:

Product Price Quantity

HCigar VT133 DNA 200 Box Mod

$88.00 1

Ego Bags-Black

• Fashionable and convenient
  • Various colors and styles are available
  • Keep your electronic cigarette from damage and clean
  • For eGo, vGo series
EGO Bag Specifications

• e-cigarette ego bag
  • Various colours, portable
  • Zipper case hold electronic cigar
$0.99 1
Subtotal $88.99
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (xxxxxxxxx) -$13.35
Grand Total $75.64

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
bitches sold out! I tried to buy one- that mod is perfect on paper!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
bitches sold out! I tried to buy one- that mod is perfect on paper!
Sorry to hear that buddy! I figured after yesterday, they would go quick (I probably should have got 2). It was really a great price on top of it. Probably going to be hard to keep 100mg/ml Nic in stock as well (at least the good stuff).

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry to hear that buddy! I figured after yesterday, they would go quick (I probably should have got 2). It was really a great price on top of it. Probably going to be hard to keep 100mg/ml Nic in stock as well (at least the good stuff).

Cheers,
Steve
not worried about nic, was just going to get one more dna mod. - might get the lostvape duo
or another 2 boards

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think we both probably got the same deal. Heck I had to add a $.99 case to qualify for free shipping. After reading what the FDA has in store for us. I think the time to stock up is now. Looking at getting a few extra RTA's and obviously some more 100mg Nic as well. What a wonderful place we live in that the FDA seems to be more interested in protecting BT profits than it's own citizen's health. I'm thoroughly disgusted!!! :mad:

Product Price Quantity

HCigar VT133 DNA 200 Box Mod

$88.00 1

Ego Bags-Black

• Fashionable and convenient
  • Various colors and styles are available
  • Keep your electronic cigarette from damage and clean
  • For eGo, vGo series
EGO Bag Specifications

• e-cigarette ego bag
  • Various colours, portable
  • Zipper case hold electronic cigar
$0.99 1
Subtotal $88.99
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (xxxxxxxxx) -$13.35
Grand Total $75.64
FUCK! Sold out!! Dagnabit!! :gaah::tantrum::cuss2:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
not worried about nic, was just going to get one more dna mod. - might get the lostvape duo
or another 2 boards
I've been giving this a lot of thought. If this all goes into affect as written it might be the atomizers that will be the hardest thing to replace. Making a mod isn't hard if you have a little background in electronics. Making a good atty isn't so easy without some expensive equipment. I'm at least thankful I got into DIY years ago. My head is swirling after yesterday. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been giving this a lot of thought. If this all goes into affect as written it might be the atomizers that will be the hardest thing to replace. Making a mod isn't hard if you have a little background in electronics. Making a good atty isn't so easy without some expensive equipment. I'm at least thankful I got into DIY years ago. My head is swirling after yesterday. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Cheers,
Steve
hehe, I'm seeing as a chance to take advantage and get some long term stock.
people will freak out, prices will go apeshit, because people will freak out.
buy quality - buy boards, a good deal on a mod go for it, otherwise boards, but I'm thinking OKLt-20 type stuff, its simple, so not a lot to break..
buy quality built attys, not the lesser quality stuff.
if it gets hard to find, those will be the hardest.

VU Sponsors