Become a Patron!

Cloudv Nova

Captm0rgan420

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys, first post and am extremely new to vaping. I just bought the cloud v nova for $120.
Here are the specs/description -

The Cloud Nova is the perfect starter kit for e-juice lovers. This new and sleek design will enhance your vaporizing experience. It comes with a 50W box mod and sub-ohm liquid tank. You can adjust the desired wattage from 7 Watts to 50 Watts. The mod has a digital LED display that will show you the battery capacity level, wattage, ohm resistance meter and voltage. Paired with Nova Tank, you will start enjoying your vapors right away. The tank has adjustable airflow and capacity of 2.5 ml. Also included in the kit are the replacement coil and 2200mAh 18650 battery.

Cloud Nova Kit includes:

Nova Mod
Nova Tank
18650 Battery
USB Charging Cable
Silicone Cover
Replacement Coil
Owner’s Manual

Source : http://cloudvapes.com/store/index.php/vaporizers/liquid-vaporizers-collection/cloud-nova/cloud-nova-black

1) My battery really does not last long at all. It hits good for about 45 minutes and then I really have to pull to hit it. Do I need to get a new battery? or a better one?
2) There is really not much flavor in my juices. I know I have good juices though, Spectrum Vapor and Mt Baker
3) Pretty much the entire thing gets very hot after i puff it for about a minute.

I have only had this thing about a week. I don't know whats going on, maybe I did something wrong. I really have no idea. Did I flood the atomizer/coil thingy? Does that effect the stuff I mentioned above? Please help I work so hard for my money, and do not have a lot of it. I also quit cigs with this thing and I really do not want to go back to that.

Also, do I need to get my atomizer/coil things through CloudNov? It says .2 on it, but my friend said it was a .6? I dont know lol but are there generic ones that I can buy? Thanks in advance guys! And I promise I will give back when I am educated on this subject.

Sean Mc

Captm0rgan420

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually put my orginal coil/atomizer thing in some water a few days ago to clean it. I took the new one i put in out and put it in water and then put my old one back in. It is hitting much better then the watts the are pushed out are back to normal so I am assuming it has something to do with that so I am going to order more of those.

But the battery, it still does not last long. Are there batteries that I can buy that are physically the same size but larger Mahs?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
go to liionwholeslae.com
pick up either samsung 25r or lg he2 batteries

i would suggest grabbing a charger there also. In mod charging can work fine, but if something goes wrong, you may have issues, form a blown mod to a burning house. Never leave it unattended while charging

the heat could just be the mod and tank. Some do not dissipate heat well.
But its not uncommon for these things to get warm while using. Just not burning hot.

What wattage are you using
what ohm is the coil
how old are these coils

Need to know that stuff to help ya further

Captm0rgan420

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use 22 watts. The coil was literally not even a day old. I may have put too much in the tank and it went down the center? Not sure. The ohms says .2 on it but my friend said it was a .6

I seriously probably get about an hour of vaping before i gotta.charge it again. Very annoying. Thanks for the reply

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok .2 vs .6 is a big difference.

look on teh coil itself, there should be a marking on it to tell you what it is suppose to be.
if it says .6 and its reading .2 on your mod. get someone to put that coil on an ohm reader or a mod and see if it says .2 or .6

if its reading .2 on an ohm reader or other mod, get a new coil, there may be an issue.

a .2 ohm coil can handle all 50 watts of your device usually
]while a .6 depending on the build goes from 15-50 watts

I would guess this is a single coil so i doubt a .6 coil is going to work well at 50 watts . More likely it will run well at 18-25 depending on your taste.

but you need to verify the ohm reading. i mean if it says .6 and the device reads it between .5-.7.. that is ok and normal. but if its .6 and the device is reading it at .2 there is an issue somewhere.

Captm0rgan420

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It says .2 and that little horse shoe symbol....and it is reading .6 on the screen but that varies

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok
yes horsehoe thingy means OHMS which is how resistance of electricty flow through something is measured SO teh coils says .2 and the device says .6?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok im hoping you have another coil. i wouldnt use that one. if the device says .7 and the coil itself says .2 thats an issue and could be causingyour issues

Captm0rgan420

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could that be the issue with my battery not lasting long as well?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
no clue. could just be a crappy battery
the samsung 25r at 2500mah or the LG he2 at 3000mah are the ones i and thousands others use and they work great

VU Sponsors