Become a Patron!

Clove Based Recipes

kompressaur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive been after a clove vape for ...well over 4 years i suppose. Way back i used to get liberty flights home brewed Clove and on my usb passthrough thingy i had it was as well as i probably could expect. Nowadays i still look for clove recipes but i just dont try hard enough. Im still on the easy route as i just ask here which is probably no bad thing for anyone.

Ive got..bah it dont matter what i got. Can anyone recommend any clove driven recipes? thanks.

just noticed that i might be in the wrong forum for this soz.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, your in the right place, some of our pro mixers will chime in soon:), Good luck!!!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've yet to master that flavor, anything I've put it in has failed miserably. Either too strong or just enough to make my mix taste funky....lol!
@HeadInClouds is the one to consult on this one. ;)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You could check at http://e-liquid-recipes.com. As a registered user, you can add your flavors in the flavor stash, and do a search just on clove. You'll find a bunch of recipes containing your flavor. I also utilize the site to create my own mixes and save them there. There's an option when saving your mix, if it's private or you want to post it on their site.

I'm thinking, some tobacco flavor and clove could work together well. Something I want to tackle in the near future.

Last edited:

MistyMe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive been after a clove vape for ...well over 4 years i suppose. Way back i used to get liberty flights home brewed Clove and on my usb passthrough thingy i had it was as well as i probably could expect. Nowadays i still look for clove recipes but i just dont try hard enough. Im still on the easy route as i just ask here which is probably no bad thing for anyone.

Ive got..bah it dont matter what i got. Can anyone recommend any clove driven recipes? thanks.

just noticed that i might be in the wrong forum for this soz.

A search for "clove" in the VU recipe section returns a lot (2 pages) of recipes with clove as an ingredient. I'm not sure I spotted one with clove as a primary ingredient, if that is what you are looking for. (Though wllmc did recently mention using 2 drops of FA Clove on a tooth to ease pain. :))

Last edited:

kompressaur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Soz misty i will have a look. I DO tend to search forums as these are the situations that i deplore. I will be back.

Thanks Neaun. I am a member at Daarths plave and great it is. Ive skiddled about with my clove intenions and have read probably all posts on the matter. I still feel the ned to post this though and yes it is the drink :\. tx

kompressaur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
good luck Artemis. As mentioned ive got a few clove wannabes and have never really had the time to put them together. I would just lurv to know if someone had.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is kind of basic, and not "clove based" but FA Orange (say, 3-4% with a little FA clove (0.25-1%--I use 0.5%) and FA fresh cream (1%) is so nice. Not too sweet and if I liked tobacco I would definitely add some to this combo--I think it would go very well.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've yet to master that flavor, anything I've put it in has failed miserably. Either too strong or just enough to make my mix taste funky....lol!
@HeadInClouds is the one to consult on this one. ;)

I use FA Clove as a spice accent in recipes like cookies, tea, chai, bakery stuff. But I wouldn't build a tobacco around it.

I posted this about clove-tobacco recipes in another thread:
"This: http://www.buyhangsen.com/hangsen-black-label-flavoring-concentrate-essence-10ml/ made it unnecessary for me to reinvent the wheel. Ignore their description - it's clove. I believe it's the same flavor that other sites call DJRum, but don't let that name dissuade you, either. I can vape that Black Label on its own or use it to turn any tobacco blend into a clove cigarette. There is nothing I could do to TFA Clove or FA Clove to get similar flavor."

I recently requested a DJrum (clove tobacco) from Bull city vapor. It is made by hangsen. You didn't say what type of clove profile your looking for. Clove is one of my favorites. I just ordered the 4 flavors below. Gudang and 234 are great at 2-2.5%
Other notable clove tobacco flavors are from Flavors express.
234 Dji Sam Soe Flavor by Tobacco Express 10ml
DJ Rum Super Flavor by Tobacco Express 10ml
Gudang Garam Flavor by Tobacco Express 10ml
Sampoerna Flavor by Tobacco Express 10ml

I have all of those, too! When I was on my quest for a clove cig I bought every one I could lay my hands on. Some of those 'tobacco express' flavors that ecigexpress described as "clove" weren't that at ALL to me. That Hangsen Black Label was just what I wanted - of course it was among the last I found to try. I'm rarely in the mood for very clove-y vapes, but it hits the spot when I am.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Oh @kompressaur - how about cherry-clove tea? Is that "clove-driven" to you, or are you looking for a mostly-clove idea?

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I've just got into DIY through HIC's recipes. I've made a few liquids now but what I'm really after is a clove cigarette vape. I have searched long and hard for the Hangsen black label mentioned in this thread but it doesn't seem to be in production anymore and the few sites I did manage to find it in stock, emailed me after my order to inform me that it was out of stock and that I was being refunded. (I think I read on another thread that Hangsen went out of business?..)

So I guess my question is whether anyone (@HeadInClouds in particular) has found a good alternative. I have a large number of FA flavours (90+) and a few from TPA including:

FA Black Fire,
FA Burley,
FA Cigar Passion,
FA Cuban Supreme,
FA Glory,
FA Liquid Amber,
FA Layton Blend,
FA Maxx Blend,
FA Reggae Night,
FA 7Leaves,
FA Anise,
FA Clove,
FA Oak Wood.

I'm open to buying new flavours if necessary so I'm not necessarily limited to the ones mentioned but if I could make it without ordering more that would be a bonus!

I Look forward to any suggestions!

:)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
...but what I'm really after is a clove cigarette vape.

I don't often vape clove cigarette juice, but when I do, I like Jimi D's suggestion of...
(all INW)
for 10mls
6 drops Gozdziki (clove)
10 drops Garuda Tobacco Absolute

When I feel adventurous, I sometimes I also add a drop or 2 of vanilla. (not Shisha) :eek:

see: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/a-flavor-that-compliments-clove.220004/

Ron
---
"In a fight between you and the world, back the world"-Frank Zappa

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
So I guess my question is whether anyone (@HeadInClouds in particular) has found a good alternative.

This is not very helpful, but I guarantee you won't make anything similar to that Hangsen one with FA flavors. Jimi D's idea of tobacco absolute sounds like a reasonable start. Bummer that Hangsen doesn't make that any more. @Artemis - if she's still around - would probably know if there's a source for it.

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I make a clove tobacco that I have been vaping for over 2 years. Eugenol is the "active ingredient" in clove, the way I understand it. TFA Clove is Eugenol in PG. I use 8% Hangsen Turkish with 3% TFA Clove with some Inawera DNB & Inawera Tobacco Absolute Virginia.

-Works for me! :)

I've developed over 72 recipes and my favourite by far is Mix 67 which includes a doze of Gudang Garam (original maker is Flavors Express I believe) which is a clove cigarette I used to smoke in the 80s. Unfortunately the supplier I used to purchase Gudang Garam ejuice concentrate no longer stocks it and so far the only other supplier I found that sells it only sells in bulk (500ml). Granted it was a decent price of under $50 but I just don't need that much. I am still looking because Gudang Garam is an essential ingredient in my all time favourite Mix 67 recipe. The ingredients of my Mix 67 is as follows:
Mix 67 (23 Apr 16)
Flavour ml %
Dusk (SV) 1.2 4%
Camel (IF) 0.9 3%
Cinnamon Redhot (FA) 0.6 2%
Gudang Garam (SV) 0.6 2%
Absinthe (FA) 0.6 2%
Nicotine 6.0 20% (this is a 10% nicotine mix, so pure is 2%)
VG 12.5 42%
PG 7.6 25%

Total: 30 100%
Legend of ejuice brands:
SV = Sydney Vapour (they no longer stock either Dusk or Gudang Garam. I've substituted Dusk with 'Smooth' from FA which tastes pretty good too)
FA = Flavour Apprentice
IF = Inawera Flavor

If anyone knows of a supplier of Gudang Garam ejuice concentrate, please let me know. It is well worth the hassle of making this brew. It is delicious.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
If anyone knows of a supplier of Gudang Garam ejuice concentrate, please let me know. It is well worth the hassle of making this brew. It is delicious.

Ecigexpress sold Chinese tobacco flavors under the name Flavor Express or Tobacco Express.
Dekang has a Gudang Garam flavor. Betcha that's what you're looking for; the challenge is finding flavoring as opposed to premixed ready-to-vape (which Fasttech among others does sell).

Ecigexpress sold Chinese tobacco flavors under the name Flavor Express or Tobacco Express.
Dekang has a Gudang Garam flavor. Betcha that's what you're looking for; the challenge is finding flavoring as opposed to premixed ready-to-vape (which Fasttech among others does sell).

Thanks for the tip HIC. I checked the the FastTech site and they appear to only sell premixed, not flavour concentrates. Dekang showed nothing when searching for Gudang Garam. EcigExpress was the site I checked the other day; they are the ones that only sell Gudung as 500ml and I'm only looking for a tenth of that which should still last me years (I only use half a ml per 30ml brew of mix 67). If I can't find it anywhere else I might have to buy the 500ml out of desperation. I suppose I could keep it in the freezer. It would last me a lifetime, probably quite literally.
Thanks for the reply HeadInClouds. Your effort is much appreciated.

Thank you very much Artemis. The HelloCig site seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. It supplies Gudang Garam concentrate in a variety of quantities. If the delivery is not too expensive I'll definitely make an order today. The proof is in the tasting. I've starting with a small order and I'll see how it goes. This could be the start of a good thing.
Over the last three years or so I've been ordering most of my concentrates and nicotine from a supplier in the US. On my first order delivery started at a bit over $20, but every time I ordered the delivery price nearly doubled. The last order I made the delivery cost close to $70USD which ended up nearly $100AUD! That is a ridiculous price for delivery. HelloCig is a considerably cheaper alternative. Today's order has worked out to be $20 (through FedEx). My main concern is the quality. The US supplier provided certificates which showed the lab's sample results of purity for the nicotine. Although HelloCig claim to be of the highest quality, I haven't seen any evidence to back the claim up. They are a shanghai company and I'm not sure of their government's regulations with regards to food or food grade products like this. I'll stick with the concentrates for this order and look closer at the nicotine options in the next order if this order works out.
Thanks again for the HelloCig tip Artemis. Much appreciated.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you very much Artemis. The HelloCig site seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. It supplies Gudang Garam concentrate in a variety of quantities. If the delivery is not too expensive I'll definitely make an order today. The proof is in the tasting. I've starting with a small order and I'll see how it goes. This could be the start of a good thing.
Over the last three years or so I've been ordering most of my concentrates and nicotine from a supplier in the US. On my first order delivery started at a bit over $20, but every time I ordered the delivery price nearly doubled. The last order I made the delivery cost close to $70USD which ended up nearly $100AUD! That is a ridiculous price for delivery. HelloCig is a considerably cheaper alternative. Today's order has worked out to be $20 (through FedEx). My main concern is the quality. The US supplier provided certificates which showed the lab's sample results of purity for the nicotine. Although HelloCig claim to be of the highest quality, I haven't seen any evidence to back the claim up. They are a shanghai company and I'm not sure of their government's regulations with regards to food or food grade products like this. I'll stick with the concentrates for this order and look closer at the nicotine options in the next order if this order works out.
Thanks again for the HelloCig tip Artemis. Much appreciated.
I do hope it works for you. :)

Old post I know. New here and new to DIY e juice. Ive used clove .5% and 1% with green tea and it turned out to be pretty damn good. A very relaxing vape. I also tried to add lemon to it on another mix and didn't turn out like I'd thought it would.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors