Become a Patron!

Clueless help!

I took a leap an tossed the cigs an picked up a topbox mini i have no clue how to use it an whats what i need help on whats what im literaly a cave man when it comes to this stuff i got the red edition an 12mg/ml of 50/50 pg/vg need help on set up ext!!!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First off, welcome to VU. I need a bit more info to really help but I'll go on the assumption that this is your first setup. What coils did you get to go with it? The coils that are included are all sub-ohm and designed primarily for direct lung vaping. Most folks start out vaping mouth to lung, ( like you would draw on a cigarette). The nicotine level and PG/VG ratio of the juice you have would be a bit much for direct lung sub-ohm vaping. Kanger does offer a 1.2 and 1.5 ohm coil for that tank that would work better for mouth to lung vaping. Also, you'll probably need to close down the airflow a bit to keep it from being too airy.

The coil in there says 1.20 10w -26w
Then the ones in the box are
0.15 Ni 200 coil(TC)
0.5 SS coil(ss tc)
0.5 clapton coil
An a build kit

All this is like going from atari to vr lol

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The coil in there says 1.20 10w -26w
Then the ones in the box are
0.15 Ni 200 coil(TC)
0.5 SS coil(ss tc)
0.5 clapton coil
An a build kit

All this is like going from atari to vr lol

Ok, if you're just starting out I would stick with the 1.2 for now. Make sure the mod is in power mode, not TC. Also, if you haven't tried vaping on it yet, make sure you have the coil well primed (wet with juice) before using it. Start at the low end of the recommended wattage and work up from there as needed to find your sweet spot.

Iv also been told not to vape off the ni setting if im useing the nickle coil true ? an when will i know to replace my coil im thinking about trying the ss voil next any insight on this is much appreshiated

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Iv also been told not to vape off the ni setting if im useing the nickle coil true ? an when will i know to replace my coil im thinking about trying the ss voil next any insight on this is much appreshiated
Ni is nickel. It's time to change the coil(s), when a) the flavor is muted, b) when the liquid in the tank is darker than the liquid in your refill bottle. It is a sign for the wicking material being burned, and/or the coil gunked up, thus "bleeding" into the liquid of the tank. Personally, I prefer SS coils over any other coils. IMO, it is safer to use than Ni or Ti coils.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ni is nickel. It's time to change the coil(s), when a) the flavor is muted, b) when the liquid in the tank is darker than the liquid in your refill bottle. It is a sign for the wicking material being burned, and/or the coil gunked up, thus "bleeding" into the liquid of the tank. Personally, I prefer SS coils over any other coils. IMO, it is safer to use than Ni or Ti coils.
this^ SS wire is probably the best overall and a lot of companies make SS wire prebuilt coils now. I'm not a fan of Ni wire personally

also worth noting, some juices turn color when heated and that is perfectly normally.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With Kanger coils, the SS in SSOCC refers to stainless steel casing for the coils, not the wire. Ni200 is for temp control. 0.5 Clapton is kanthal, power mode. The others are Nichrome, which is power mode. Yes a bit odd..... but use that 1.2 coil in power mode not TC.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Another advantage of SS coils is, you can use them in either TC, or power mode.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I always just used watts to keep it simple.
Eventually, you will want to save some money and use the mini rba to build your own coils. Which is why I purchased the toptank mini atomizer back when i was starting out. I pretty much only use 3 types of wire. Kanthal (cheap, easy to get, easy to use), NiChrome (slightly better flavor than kanthal) and stainless steel (best flavor, a little more expensive, lower resistance *so a little harder to calculate your build with*)

I use SS now either for low ohm builds or for wrapping coils to make Claptons. (but don't worry about that until later on)

Main thing is stick with it. If you really feel like you are dying for a cigarette.. turn your air flow and wattage down a bit, and sit down for a 5 minute puff session until the urge passes. It helps and it works. Kind of replaces that "ritual" smoking, like with coffee, after meals, before bed.. on breaks. etc

Steampugs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's all about SS for me, I've tried all, didn't get the hype with Ti or TC so I just stick to power and SS now, works for me, that ^ is sound advice for gettng the urge to pass though, good shout ;)

VU Sponsors