Become a Patron!

CLUELESS!

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, I'm trying to educate myself on all of this but I'm completely overwhelmed. I started vaping about 4 months ago. I quit smoking cigarettes (2 packs a day) almost 8 years ago but I started smoking black and milds about 3 years ago. Problem was, I was smoking them like they were cigarettes too! I was inhaling two and a half packs of cigars a day...NOT good. SO...I decided to try vaping in order to quit the other habits. It's been effective but I'm getting frustrated because this new world confuses me. Anyway, I started with an e-cig but it wasn't doing it for me so I upgraded to a VV e-cig. Still wasn't satisfying my craving....I then went to the e-vic 60W mini. Getting better. I traded that in for the Koopor mini. Then, most recently, I bought the Koopor Plus 200W mod with the Smok TF-V4 clearomizer (hope I am using the correct terms!). I'm just confused about what it all means. I am really looking for huge clouds but don't know what combination, aside from dripping, will achieve this. Being a die hard ex-smoker, the bigger the clouds, for some reason, the more satisfying vaping feels and makes it seem easier to quit tobacco. I thought, when I bought the 200W mod, that the more watts used, meant the bigger the clouds. Apparently, as I'm learning, I was wrong....any suggestions? I apologize for sounding ridiculous but I'm hoping by joining this forum and putting my questions out there I'll finally learn!

Last edited:

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First, what coils are you using? I assume you're subohming.

What wattage are you using ?

What is you're PG to VG ratio?

What strength Nic are you vaping?

There's no reason you can't get a satisfying cloud at less than 30 watts. But I understand some people need more.

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm currently using Smok TF-T3 triple coils at 67 to 85 watts. The ratio of my current juice is 70% VG but I also have a 50% VG. My nic strength is 6mg. I'm just totally confused and hate sounding stupid

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you're not getting a big cloud from that. Something is wrong :/

I think maybe you're looking for more throat hit. Especially since you were a heavy Black & Mild user who inhaled.

Try using 70% PG.

And against my better judgement, I'll suggest maybe bumping your Nic to 9mg with 70%VG. But stop if you start getting headaches. I subohmed 18mg for awhile. But dropped quickly as I adjusted my juice. And it's not recommended.

I smoked 3 packs a day. But the throat hit of a cigarette, doesn't even come close to a mini cigar.

Alternatively, you can use a 1.2 or 1.5 coil at lower wattages. (Much lower) With 18-24 mg of Nic. And still get decent clouds. The higher Nic will give you and increased throat hit.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm also going to recommend you try another tank. I own a Smok, and would gladly trade it for a Kanger. I use Kanger almost exclusively now.

I never could get the "hit" I needed from the Smok. There was simply too much airflow. Even with it almost completely closed.

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been researching all of this online and that's what I'm thinking...something is wrong but I can't figure out WHAT. I really don't want the throat hit. I just want the big clouds and the feeling of inhalation. I don't know WHAT I'm doing wrong....

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok, then MAX VG with low nic levels.
I just ordered 3mg nic with high vg juices so hopefully, that will work. I'm just getting frustrated. I'd love to drip but I'm thinkin if I can't figure THIS out, how will I be able to drip?!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
MAX VG is good for dripping or in tanks like the TFV4. I use max VG in mine and it produces clouds without the bite.

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MAX VG is good for dripping or in tanks like the TFV4. I use max VG in mine and it produces clouds without the bite.
PERFECT! Then, I'll wait and see how my new juices are. They get delivered once a month and I just changed my profile to high VG so hopefully I'll get all cloud..minimum bite! ;-)
Thankyou!!!!!!!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you!!!! Us newbies need ALL the help we can get! This is nothing like cigarettes...all I used to need was a lighter! lol!
Raymo2u is pretty good helping out, that's why I call him all the time...
You will never get big clouds with SMOK tv4, u might as well drip, that will give u the ultimate satisfaction of vapor and flavor,Stick with dripping,learn how to rebuild ur rda, don't jump on the quad coil bullshit , most of the time those coils are fuck up....
Buy an rda with top airflow
Watch a lot of ytube vids
Learn how to build on a RDA then eventually u will find ur self rebuilding a RTA..
Dripping juices
50/50pg 3mg
60/40pg 3mg
70/30pg 6mg
80/20pg 6mg

VAPE ON

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I may have missed it, but are you hitting this like a cigarette or are you drawing straight into your lungs? I only ask because if I hit mine direct to lung, the clouds are much thicker than when I inhale to mouth, then lung.

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I may have missed it, but are you hitting this like a cigarette or are you drawing straight into your lungs? I only ask because if I hit mine direct to lung, the clouds are much thicker than when I inhale to mouth, then lung.
Without sounding perverse, lol, I'm not sure. I inhale directly to my lungs, I guess. I don't hold it in my mouth and then inhale, if that's what you mean...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Without sounding perverse, lol, I'm not sure. I inhale directly to my lungs, I guess. I don't hold it in my mouth and then inhale, if that's what you mean...
LOL, yep, that's what I meant.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to add I vape 100% VG in my TFV4 at 80w or so..I am a lung hitter and it definitely blows thick fluffy white clouds with the triple coil..lest it does for me,
c4429f4674c5de592e1b9cb291c539f7.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL, yep, that's what I meant.
lol!!!! With a cigarette or cigar, I could do either but for some reason with a mod, I go directly to my lungs....does that make a difference?

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wanted to add I vape 100% VG in my TFV4 at 80w or so..I am a lung hitter and it definitely blows thick fluffy white clouds with the triple coil..lest it does for me,

Really???? Then I'm pretty sure that my problem has been the type of juice I've been using. I kept buying high nic thinking it was going to satisfy that "smoker" craving but it didn't. It hurt my throat even MORE! I just want a huge cloud,minimal throat hit as a direct lung inhaler, WITHOUT dripping ....YET. I gotta understand all THIS mess FIRST! lol!

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What mod are you using and what nic level? Just curious.....

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Really???? Then I'm pretty sure that my problem has been the type of juice I've been using. I kept buying high nic thinking it was going to satisfy that "smoker" craving but it didn't. It hurt my throat even MORE! I just want a huge cloud,minimal throat hit as a direct lung inhaler, WITHOUT dripping ....YET. I gotta understand all THIS mess FIRST! lol!
I think you'll likely be more satisfied with the juice you have coming to you. And really, I think you're doing great!! On top of that, you definitely came to the right place for any help you might need.

No, it doesn't really make a difference how you choose to vape/inhale. The way you're doing it is actually the preferred method for the gear you have. I'm more of a mouth to lung (MTL) vaper, but I've got tanks where I'm better off direct inhaling.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use only 3-5mgs of nic in 100% VG juice..its a very smooth vape..producing thick clouds and good flavor with the triple coil in the TFV4..Try using lower nicotine and higher VG...

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think you'll likely be more satisfied with the juice you have coming to you. And really, I think you're doing great!! On top of that, you definitely came to the right place for any help you might need.

No, it doesn't really make a difference how you choose to vape/inhale. The way you're doing it is actually the preferred method for the gear you have. I'm more of a mouth to lung (MTL) vaper, but I've got tanks where I'm better off direct inhaling.
Awww! Thanks! I'm really trying! lol! So, is the TFV4 tank not sufficient? I'm not necessarily concerned with price...I just want the exact experience I'm looking for without dripping...for now....

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What mod are you using and what nic level? Just curious.....
This is the Wismec RX200/TFV4...5mgs of nicotine in the Johnny Milkman juice I'm using at the moment... Very smooth and satisfying, :)

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use only 3-5mgs of nic in 100% VG juice..its a very smooth vape..producing thick clouds and good flavor with the triple coil in the TFV4..Try using lower nicotine and higher VG...

Sooooooooooo helpful!!! Where do you get 100% VG juice and what mod do you use?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RX200 mod and 100% VG juice customed mixed from my local B&M shop....I'm sure others can chime in where VG max juice can be ordered online also.. Good luck to ya!

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
soooooo....question.....at the expense of sounding stupid....my mod goes up to 200W. I thought the higher I set the watts, the bigger the cloud I'd produce. Is that wrong??????

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So, is the TFV4 tank not sufficient?
I would think it's more than sufficient from what I hear. I don't have that tank, but it does get rave reviews for flavor and clouds. It likes to drink juice, too, lol.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
soooooo....question.....at the expense of sounding stupid....my mod goes up to 200W. I thought the higher I set the watts, the bigger the cloud I'd produce. Is that wrong??????
Well it has alot more to it than that..sounds like you got a good mod, a great tank and maybe need a higher VG ratio in your juice, and cut the nic back to like 3-5mgs...then start low and bump up the power slowly to find your sweet spot.. Now although the TFV4 triple coil is rated up to 130w my sweet spot is around 75-80w for good thick clouds and decent flavor..

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would think it's more than sufficient from what I hear. I don't have that tank, but it does get rave reviews for flavor and clouds. It likes to drink juice, too, lol.
I'm ok with the juice drinking, lol....as long as I get the cloud production I'm seeking!!!! :)

kerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well it has alot more to it than that..sounds like you got a good mod, a great tank and maybe need a higher VG ratio in your juice, and cut the nic back to like 3-5mgs...then start low and bump up the power slowly to find your sweet spot.. Now although the TFV4 triple coil is rated up to 130w my sweet spot is around 75-80w for good thick clouds and decent flavor..

You guys are all so awesome and helpful! I'm gonna kick my nic down to 3mg and try a higher VG. The highest I have now is 70% but my nic is 6mg. It's just too much throat hit even as a huge ex-smoker. I just want to FEEL like a smoker without the bad side affects!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes and No.

I see a jeep in your picture so think of it like a car. Think about the cooling system. The air in that system is like the juice in your tank. It'll only go in so fast, the coil is your engine, you need enough air (juice) coming in so that your engine (coil) doesn't overheat. If it overheats that's what we call a dry hit and you scorch your wicking material.

So it's a balancing act, you need enough power to satisfy you but not more than your tank can handle.

I'd suggest trying out the quad coil if you simply want clouds with the TFV4, IMO the triple coil and sextuple coils are simply a little denser (better on flavor slightly) and the Clapton option is probably the best flavor wise, but for pure clouds the quad is amazing (I haven't tried the new beast coils though).

Wattage wise, you'll have to find what you like. Personally I cranked my quadcoils up to 125w and used that, but it's quite hot at that point. If heat is a concern I'd suggest trying at about 100w or just dial in your triple coils to your liking. Just like you can have too much heat, you can have not enough and then you end up sucking up a lot of juice rather than vapor which is quite unappealing.

Your setup is great, Nothing to worry about there. I do want to add though, vaping is a different feeling on the throat than smoking. I have buddies that smoke packs of reds a day and they'll hit my vape and instantly start coughing. It takes some getting used to. Everytime I've gone up towards a heavier build It's taken me a few hits to feel comfortable with it. If I take a few days off I'll be coughing the first few hits again. Anyways, just dial it in to your liking and find something you enjoy.

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No, there's nothing stupid. There's nothing wrong. It's a process. The smartest, most experienced person here or anywhere else, didn't know shit when they started. No worries. Anyway... I'm sitting here shaking my head in complete disbelief. I must've missed reading it. It's gotta be here somewhere. Someone must've posted you the missing piece of this puzzle for getting big clouds. Yes, there are a lot of factors that all have to come together, Yes, tons of good advice here, it's mostly all been pointed out and so, I must've missed it. I can't be the first one to say this... It's so simple. It's so simple... BIG clouds are so simple. You don't need tons of power. You don't need triple or quadruple coils. All the great advice aside... It's simple A deep direct to lung inhale and wide open air flow from your topper, tank or RDA. Big clouds need big air. That's all. Big clouds need big air flow. Little air flow, little clouds.

I can't be the first one to have mentioned this (since I skimmed this thread). I'm just repeating what someone else must have said. (Haha Lol) - please post back your experience.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd love to drip but I'm thinkin if I can't figure THIS out, how will I be able to drip?!

WITHOUT dripping ....YET. I gotta understand all THIS mess FIRST! lol!

I just want the exact experience I'm looking for without dripping...for now....

But RDAs are so much more straightforward and easier to deal with. You can knock out so many x-factors by getting one, and you can learning vaping with that. Plus, you'll be vaping in a way you're obviously looking for. I'll try to explain further if you need me to.

The only thing I hate more than tanks are the attys you put in them. Especially the coil heads.
(The inventory in the house is 4 mods, 2 RDAs, 3 RBAs, at least 7 tanks and at least 10 different versions of coil heads.)

xpmtterrx

Member For 4 Years
The TFv4 produces some crazy clouds for me at 81 watts with the quad. There are times when I'm gaming and if I don't blow it aside I can't see my TV for roughly 3-5 seconds and it really won't clear fully until around 7 seconds. Just keep tinkering. Trial and error is your best friend while it can be totally frustrating.

VU Sponsors