Become a Patron!

Cluelessly Hopeless or Hopelessly Clueless?

OK... A buddy just gave me a Subox Mini starter kit as a gift, and I can't figure this thing out. The instructions are in such half-assed english, I'm clueless.

It looked like the one part was loaded with gauze, so I dropped in some liquid on the gauze and all I taste is burnt gauze.

Can someone point me to a simple step by step for what all this stuff is and ho I use it?

Thank you - sorry to be such a dolt.

The thingy with the Gauze in it is your coil head it has a resistance coil that is stuffed with Cotton. First thing you need to do is take your Juice and drop a good bit in to the coil head on the cotton part(gauze). Then fill your tank section up to just below the center tube. Now screw the base of the tank that holds the coil head and screw it on to the tank until it is completely threaded together. Now turn the tank back up so the part you inhale from is UP and screw it on your Mod ( the part that holds the battery) and let it set for say 5 mins with out doing any thing. Now look for a small ring at the base of the tank that has a large slot in it turn it untill it opens up so air can get in to the tank. Now your ready to vape. start setting the wattage of the mod say at 15 watts and work your way up from there until it vapes the way you like it. you can also adjust the air flow of the tank to how you like it. One thing to note the higher the wattage you set your mod the more air you will need flowing in to your tank.

This youtube vid will cover how it all work better than I can
Hope it work out for you and good luck.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The thingy with the Gauze in it is your coil head it has a resistance coil that is stuffed with Cotton. First thing you need to do is take your Juice and drop a good bit in to the coil head on the cotton part(gauze). Then fill your tank section up to just below the center tube. Now screw the base of the tank that holds the coil head and screw it on to the tank until it is completely threaded together. Now turn the tank back up so the part you inhale from is UP and screw it on your Mod ( the part that holds the battery) and let it set for say 5 mins with out doing any thing. Now look for a small ring at the base of the tank that has a large slot in it turn it untill it opens up so air can get in to the tank. Now your ready to vape. start setting the wattage of the mod say at 15 watts and work your way up from there until it vapes the way you like it. you can also adjust the air flow of the tank to how you like it. One thing to note the higher the wattage you set your mod the more air you will need flowing in to your tank.

This youtube vid will cover how it all work better than I can
Hope it work out for you and good luck.
A very good and helpful explanation !

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK... A buddy just gave me a Subox Mini starter kit as a gift, and I can't figure this thing out. The instructions are in such half-assed english, I'm clueless.

It looked like the one part was loaded with gauze, so I dropped in some liquid on the gauze and all I taste is burnt gauze.

Can someone point me to a simple step by step for what all this stuff is and ho I use it?

Thank you - sorry to be such a dolt.
Ok so madmullet gave you the 'how to do it', and ill give you some 'how it works'.
That piece of "gauze" is in fact a piece of cotton called a 'wick'. Around that wick is wrapped a wire, called your coil. Your coil heats up and makes the vapor. So, think about it, if your gonna get tasty vapor with metal and cotton, and its not supposed to taste like burnt shit, thats wick better be saturated with e'liquid. When its completely wet, the coil heats up and produces vapor. Its really much more simple than what people think.

The watts on your device will determine how much power goes to that coil and how much vapor is produced. However, at higher than 'optimum' wattage, the coil will heat up too fast, drying out the wick too fast, and result in a shitty tasting phenomenon known as a 'dry hit'. Watts too low, tastes airy and unsatisfying.

dont forget, watch how much power is left in your battery and charge it regularly, but wait until its half empty to do so.

FYI, if something happens to go wrong, or fuck up, or not taste right, or whatever, Please report back. There is ALOT to learn here and you've barely scratched the surface. We are always happy to help.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a pic I got off the net when I started. It's the inside of an atomizer. It's a braid coil but cotton is about the same. Get that wet put the cap on & it should work. Hope it helps. :cool:02_cool-nimbus-build.jpg

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
So hows that vape working out for you?

VU Sponsors