Become a Patron!

Coco-nuh-toes

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Howdy, VU! Long time no see, eh? Got a new one to share with you all, something I've been playing around with and gotten down to a fairly decent combo. If you're a fan of coconuts, you're likely going to dig this.

Coco-nuh-toes

3% CAP French Vanilla
2% LB Coconut Milk
2% FA Coconut
2% TFA Vanilla Swirl
1% FA Cookie
0.5% FA Nonna's Cake
0.5% FA Almond

Notes:

I try to steer towards the 'rule of ten' when it comes to percentages, but I'll admit, this was one that was put together with a bit of a mission. Scratching a spontaneous itch for coconut vape without the bananas, pineapple, guava and other random fruits that accompanied most of my 'tropical' recipes. I played with these percentages a few times over now, and here's the recipe I'm making bigger versions of. By no means a permanent end to it's journey, I'm sure, but this is where it sits for now.

Not much needs to be said about the French, that's fairly standard base flavoring. The 2% each of LiquidBarn's Coconut Milk (awesome) and FA Coconut (a staple) make for a pungent coconut, albeit a little on the 'fakey' side. It gets more 'fakey' if you swap one out for, say, TFA Coconut Candy.

This also marks the first recipe I've made in years without featuring a smidgen of Cardamom in there to compliment the coconut. Just didn't feel it added much, and kind of overshadowed the vanilla base notes that I was going for.

Almond and coconut have always gone well together, here at half a percent the almond will add in a little base 'nuttiness' to the whole thing without taking away from the coconut.

The cookie and Cake, that's all open for your inputs there. I've tried it with Cereal 27, that was decent but not quite light enough for what I was working with. LB Croissant was close, I liked that one. If you want more of a cookie, more of a bread undertone, throw in a drop or two (per 10ml) AP and call it a day. These notes help pull it out of a singular feel of just coconut-vanilla, and adds a smidge of complexity to it.

Not much in the way of blah-blah on this one, it's fairly straight forward but I dig it enough to want to share it out with everyone.

Spitballin' ideas for it: FVH Milk & Honey is pretty good at really low amounts with coconuts, I've had good experiences with it, but haven't tried it out in this one yet. All sorts and forms of vanillas can swap out for either the Swirl or French, though the French has a thickness that's somewhere between custard and plain vanilla, which is why I opted for it. INW Vanilla Cream might do well in place of the Swirl.

As for steep time? I shake and vape everything now, so it's good to go right off the bat. After a few days, there's a mellow-ing out of some of the more direct notes, but it largely remains unchanged.

Flavorful, up-front, and just complex enough to keep it interesting for a few tanks. Enjoy!

Flavors are cheap, life is short my friends. Have a great one!

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I seen this, I clicked the import button and mixed this right up. I had to sub in TFA French Vanilla II. I really liked the coconut flavor. The sub might be the reason, but the coconut was a bit strong for me. I'm betting after a week or two the coconut will mellow out and this will go into my rotation. Thanks!

Frank

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
I subbed WF coconut custard 1% for the LB coconut milk, but i will be picking up the coconut milk next order, many many of my mixes involve coconut lol. Thank you for the work on this recipe, looking forward to trying it after i shake it up.

VU Sponsors