Become a Patron!

Coconut Cake Doughnuts

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a cake doughnut. I really like FA Joy in this to bring some yeastiness to it.
Coconut(FA) 2.5%
Vanilla Cupcake(CAP) 6%(TFA will most likely work)
Cookie(FA) 1.5%
Joy(FA) 1%
Marshmallow(FA) .5%
2mg-30pg/70vg
I especially enjoy the aftertaste. I hope you enjoy it has much as I do.

Last edited:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any steep time on this one or did you shake and vape.
I let it sit for 2 days or longer especially with FA Coconut. I very rarely shake and vape. I mix all my test batches at 12mls, this way I can try it at 3 different steep stages. I feel all flavors should have a chance to get to know each other. If you want to shake and vape, go ahead, but try it again a few days later and let me know what you think.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This sounds really yummy.
Just need to grab some CAP Vanilla Cupcake. Listed!

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is a cake doughnut. I really like FA Joy in this to bring some yeastiness to it.
Coconut(FA) 2.5%
Vanilla Cupcake(CAP) 6%(TFA will most likely work)
Cookie(FA) 1.5%
Joy(FA) 1%
Marshmallow(FA) .5%
2mg-30pg/70vg
I especially enjoy the aftertaste. I hope you enjoy it has much as I do.
oh man, I got all that shit!!!!

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Veddy niiice!!
I will have to give this a shot some time, thanks for sharing

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This recipe does not deserve to be on page 7 of the recipes. I made this last weekend, let it sit a bit. I only had TFA for the cupcake flavor and I left out Joy, because Joy and I don't like each other. Squonk, this is delicious! I'm on tank # 2 of this today. Thanks for the share :)

whitecloud40

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That sounds so good. Esp with marshmallow added, would be the icing on the cake lol. Will have to try this thanks for sharing!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This recipe does not deserve to be on page 7 of the recipes. I made this last weekend, let it sit a bit. I only had TFA for the cupcake flavor and I left out Joy, because Joy and I don't like each other. Squonk, this is delicious! I'm on tank # 2 of this today. Thanks for the share :)
Your so sweet. Thank you. Actually I almost forgot about this recipe so it looks like I'm gonna have to mix 30mls this weekend.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I let it sit for 2 days or longer especially with FA Coconut. I very rarely shake and vape. I mix all my test batches at 12mls, this way I can try it at 3 different steep stages. I feel all flavors should have a chance to get to know each other. If you want to shake and vape, go ahead, but try it again a few days later and let me know what you think.
+1 on the 12 ml. In addition, in a 0.5 oz bottle it leaves you ca. 3 ml to add more flavors if needed.

Oh, thanks for sharing! I might try some myself. I got plenty of Joy (both :)).

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been vaping this almost nonstop now. I subbed tfa DX vanilla cupcake, and its delicious. the way fa coconut melds with the cupcake flavor is right up my alley. very well done! ty!
Thank you. It's nice to hear I created something others can enjoy. Not to brag, but I think it's up there with the best juices I've tasted.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm purple! :D
That post just looks all kinds of weird now that it's not Halloween anymore. I miss Halloween!

Squonk, I had to mix up 2 of these tonight!! One for me, and one for a friend of mine. It's pretty addicting, man. thankyouthankyou.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, I was just talking about you! How 'bout that?
ynf081_zpsa4eb3ceb.jpg

OldCroneVapin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This looks really good, I love cake doughnuts! I don't have any FA Cookie, think a sugar cookie would make a passable substitution? And if so....% suggestion?

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks really good, I love cake doughnuts! I don't have any FA Cookie, think a sugar cookie would make a passable substitution? And if so....% suggestion?
I never tried sugar cookie. If sugar cookie is real sweet, maybe drop or use .25% marshmallow.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Speaking of Marshmallow. The 2nd time I mixed this up, I did bump that a tad. This is just some really good stuff, dude.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of Marshmallow. The 2nd time I mixed this up, I did bump that a tad. This is just some really good stuff, dude.
I'll give that a try. What effect did it have?
I was reading the FA Joy Haters Club thread but I think Joy plays a nice role in this recipe by giving the coconut a toasted feel and yeastiness to the doughnut.
I was able to obtain a secret video of one of their meetings in action from one of my insider men.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was reading the FA Joy Haters Club thread but I think Joy plays a nice role in this recipe by giving the coconut a toasted feel and yeastiness to the doughnut.
I was able to obtain a secret video of one of their meetings in action from one of my insider men.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh man, I loved that show when I was growing up. Haven't seen those on in ages.

I only bumped it up for a touch more sweetness and to kind of moisten it up a bit. I sometimes get a bad dryness with coconut vapes. It didn't change the profile in the least. It's just as yummy as it was before.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man, I loved that show when I was growing up. Haven't seen those on in ages.

I only bumped it up for a touch more sweetness and to kind of moisten it up a bit. I sometimes get a bad dryness with coconut vapes. It didn't change the profile in the least. It's just as yummy as it was before.
I know what your saying regarding the dryness of coconut. I'm gonna mix one up using your adjustment. That reminds me, I have a toasted coconut marshmallow that I came up with a while ago that's pretty good. I'll have to look at my notes, but if I remember correctly it was nice and moist and almost felt like little coconut shreds left behind in your mouth.
Here it is:
Marshmallow(CAP) 8%
Meringue(FA) 1%
Coconut(FA) 1.5%
Cookie(FA) 1%
My notes are showing a 1 week steep.
I haven't tried making this with FA Marshmallow because I made this before I had FA. Maybe 2-3% FA Marshmallow and .5-.75% Meringue?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't know, really. Try FA Marsh at 1-1.5 first and see. I no longer have Caps Marsh, I put together a PIF for a new mixer and sent that one since I had 3 different ones, LOL. 4 if you count Toasted Marsh.

I like that recipe posted. I'll definitely give that a go!! Bookmarked.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always run into the problem when I decide to try the same flavors in other brands and have to completely reformulate a recipe.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FA Meringue is a funny thing. I used it to toast up the coconut.
You know, a lot of people have been tasting Meringue differently for the last several months. That makes sense, depending on when you bought your bottle. @HeadInClouds contacted FA to see if it was reformulated, I think. Seems they said no, but a lot of people's taste buds don't agree. I'm still on one of the bottles that isn't like that, so I can't say fairly, but your thoughts make complete sense.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know, a lot of people have been tasting Meringue differently for the last several months. That makes sense, depending on when you bought your bottle. @HeadInClouds contacted FA to see if it was reformulated, I think. Seems they said no, but a lot of people's taste buds don't agree. I'm still on one of the bottles that isn't like that, so I can't say fairly, but your thoughts make complete sense.
I generally won't use more than .5% because of the weird flavor it can give above that. It may be due to the fact that when mixing a FA only recipe the lower % works better, but when complementing a CAPs or TFA recipe a little higher meringue % can be tolerated. Can you dig the vibes I'm verbitrating?:cool:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I generally won't use more than .5% because of the weird flavor it can give above that. It may be due to the fact that when mixing a FA only recipe the lower % works better, but when complementing a CAPs or TFA recipe a little higher meringue % can be tolerated. Can you dig the vibes I'm verbitrating?:cool:
LOL, groovy man. And that does make sense.

OldCroneVapin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never tried sugar cookie. If sugar cookie is real sweet, maybe drop or use .25% marshmallow.
I have never used sugar cookie either, bought it to own it I guess! Seems I have a lot of those kind of flavors... and beads... and fabric...!! I would imagine by the name it will be much sweeter than FA's, In general I don't find FA flavors to be overly sweet. So I will definitely drop the marshmallow. Thanks!

bkind

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What would you think of subbing the coconut for bilberry? Would it take away any sweetness? I'm thinking 0.5% bilberry. I'm thinking blueberry doughnuts. If it would take away some of the sweetness what could you add to bring it back? Thanks for the tasty recipe and looking forward to your thoughts on my subs!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What would you think of subbing the coconut for bilberry? Would it take away any sweetness? I'm thinking 0.5% bilberry. I'm thinking blueberry doughnuts. If it would take away some of the sweetness what could you add to bring it back? Thanks for the tasty recipe and looking forward to your thoughts on my subs!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
I'm thinking lower coconut to .5-1%(gives buttery note) and lower joy to .5%. Stick with bilberry @ .5%. Let me know how it goes.

bkind

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking lower coconut to .5-1%(gives buttery note) and lower joy to .5%. Stick with bilberry @ .5%. Let me know how it goes.
Cool thanks man! Will let you know in a couple of days after a little steeping. This is one that definitely gets better with age!

Wiltallica

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How was the blueberry doughnut? Ive been looking for a killer blueberry doughnut since i started diy

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Marshmallow(CAP) 8%
Meringue(FA) 1%
Coconut(FA) 1.5%
Cookie(FA) 1%
My notes are showing a 1 week steep.
I haven't tried making this with FA Marshmallow because I made this before I had FA. Maybe 2-3% FA Marshmallow and .5-.75% Meringue?
Do you have a name for this Squonk? I named it Coconut Cookie.
I just came across this recipe thread. The Coconut Cake Doughnut sounds really nice, and the one I called coconut cookie looks great too. Thanks for sharing. This guy right here really appreciates your talent for mixing.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have a name for this Squonk? I named it Coconut Cookie.
I just came across this recipe thread. The Coconut Cake Doughnut sounds really nice, and the one I called coconut cookie looks great too. Thanks for sharing. This guy right here really appreciates your talent for mixing.
Hey MercuryVaper. Here's where I posted the recipe. It's a sweet one and thanks for the complement. http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/toasted-coconut-marsmallow.166957/#post-809595 Lately I've been mixing less sweeter recipes, but my preferences keep flip flopping.

VU Sponsors