Become a Patron!

Coconut Cream Pie

Steevster

Member For 4 Years
ccp.png
We have this every Thanksgiving and its my favorite. I really like the taste of the real coconut that's sprinkled on top after it gets that toasty note after baking. Great now I'm hungry....
I will start looking at some of the coconut cream recipes and pie crusts of sort. Not sure how to get the toasty browned sprinkled coconut flavor that's on top.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought FA or TFA had a toasted coconut, but I couldn't find it in a search. This would indeed be a tasty vape.

Steevster

Member For 4 Years
Agreed I can almost taste it now. I did see some coconut cream recipes in the DIY forum. I've seen some interesting interpretations for pie crust flavor. That's a tough question either the graham cracker crust or the pie crust. Maybe the correct percentage of toasted marshmallow and coconut for top? Cheesecake Graham , cookie, brown sugar, of coarse coconut. This is harder then it looks, I tip my hat to all the mixologists and their crafty, creative mingling, and melding of flavors.

hat.png

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea I agree with the talent these mixers have, I very much lack the ability to make something unique. I am however, very good at finding and recreating others fine work so long as the recipe is written down to follow. :D

Steevster

Member For 4 Years
Hi Teresa, I think we you on to something. I did read a flavor note here in the forum about the meringue having baked caramelized note. That will go in the notebook. I think with the right flavor combinations and percentages its feasible. Maybe 2 different coconuts one to compliment the cream and one to compliment toasted marshmallow and merangue Thanks a bunch Teresa for your thoughts and input Happy Vaping to ya !!!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want a recipe when you perfect this!

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I did manage to mix up my very first HIC's recipes. I have mostly TFA flavors. So now I've been getting some FA in just to try some of his recipes.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's one I came up with. All FA flavors.
Coconut 3%
Meringue 1%
Apple Pie 1%
Cookie .5%
Fresh Cream .5%
Vienna Cream .5%
I might try adding Custard(according to my flavor notes) in my next batch, but according to my flavor notes it did come out good the way it is. I almost forgot about this recipe until I read this thread. I might have to mix some up tomorrow. Oh yeah, give it some steep time.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here's one I came up with. All FA flavors.
Coconut 3%
Meringue 1%
Apple Pie 1%
Cookie .5%
Fresh Cream .5%
Vienna Cream .5%
I might try adding Custard(according to my flavor notes) in my next batch, but according to my flavor notes it did come out good the way it is. I almost forgot about this recipe until I read this thread. I might have to mix some up tomorrow. Oh yeah, give it some steep time.
Maybe add the toasted Marshmallow in place of the apple pie, adjust it till you taste the toasty goodness.

Your recipe looks good @Squonk.

Steevster

Member For 4 Years
Thanks Squonk that looks really tasty and when I get some flavors I will give it a try and send feedback. Thanks also Mercury for your input and sorry about the delayed response.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Squonk that looks really tasty and when I get some flavors I will give it a try and send feedback. Thanks also Mercury for your input and sorry about the delayed response.
I have a newer version that I put together using HIC's Lemon Meringue Pie. HIC has given me permission to post it in the DIY section as a new recipe. THANK HIC

VU Sponsors