Become a Patron!

Coffee extract ?

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ive heard that making your own coffee extract or flavoring is pretty simple.

Any one made any? If you have any general instructions on how to and how long to let it mature.

I do my own NETs so Im assuming its similar to tobacco.

Thanks, I did not see an area specifically for making your own extracts, so if this is in the wrong area, feel free to move it.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did my own a few months back, pretty darn tasty. Not as strong as say, FA dark bean espresso, but good.
If I recall correctly, I soaked a couple tablespoons of ground espresso roast in 50ml pg for maybe two weeks (?), then strained through a coffee filter. Keep the concentrate in the fridge.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Think I'm gonna have to give this a go at some point! Sounds like a fun experiment. Please let us know how it turns out!

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I did my own a few months back, pretty darn tasty. Not as strong as say, FA dark bean espresso, but good.
If I recall correctly, I soaked a couple tablespoons of ground espresso roast in 50ml pg for maybe two weeks (?), then strained through a coffee filter. Keep the concentrate in the fridge.
Sounds good and I did that long time ago with redman chewing tobacco and it was very good.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds good and I did that long time ago with redman chewing tobacco and it was very good.
I never would have thought of that, need to try!
@Jimi, I know it likely doesn't matter what kind of coffee you use, but we had a really nice espresso roast that my daughter had brought us from her favorite coffee shop in Nashville. It was a wonderful coffee in our espresso machine, as well as a very unique coffee vape.....I still have some of that concentrate in the fridge, now I gotta go mix some up....lol!

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I really like making my own extracts, Had good results with a few cigars, chamomile and earl grey tea.

I know that with tobacco there are basically 2 methods. One is covering it with PG/VG and letting it sit for a month or two depending on leaf.

Then there is heat extraction, where you cover with PG/ VG or some use grain alcohol and heat it up to about 120 degrees for some time. There is when Im unclear , I dont know the details of how long depending on tobacco or cigar leaves. I know cigars are more subtle and need more time to develop.

I did one batch the long way and the cigar I used came out light in color, stays cleaner with use and taste is also more delicate. Did another with some heating up occasionally. Got darker and bolder and does behave like the usual NET, dirtier on the coils, but tastes even better.

Is there a thread somewhere on DIY NET , tea or other flavors? The threads I found were all on DIY with premade flavors.

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna try adding some whole beans of coffee in my regular coffee recipe, during a month of steeping. Maybe I will get some nuances I'm looking for.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hangsen Espresso is made the same way their tobaccos are. That stuff tastes amazing.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I bought coffee flavoring not thinking that I had the coffee in my mug. I just needed a vape that tasted like light tobacco with a hint of menthol/mint. I've never been one for tobacco flavor, but there's something about having that 1st smoke in the morning with your coffee. Any suggestions on a Marlboro Menthol recipe? Not too strong. I accidentally pulled a cig from my "just look at it" pack the other day and it was business as usual until I realized what I had done.

It dawned on me that I need a substitute. My ADV wasn't cutting it with my coffee. I usually only keep one flavor going at a time. I need to remedy that.

What extraction method? Your link is to instant coffee?

It would not “work” for me with my normal extraction method.

Ron

Ps. Since I could not find any data, vaping home made coffee extracts may not be safe.

The above link was of coffee, the question was if i dipped that coffee in PG and leave it for 2 weeks would that make anything?
I have mixed 2 and 1/2 tablespoon of coffee in 50ml of PG and have left that in a cool dry place for now.
I will post the results here in after 2 weeks and i will let you know if it works or not?

PS. I am not a mixer or an expert in this, just a beginner trying different stuff out because flavor extracts are not available in my country(Pakistan) and the ones that are available are overly expensive for no reason.

I really like making my own extracts, Had good results with a few cigars, chamomile and earl grey tea.

I know that with tobacco there are basically 2 methods. One is covering it with PG/VG and letting it sit for a month or two depending on leaf.

Then there is heat extraction, where you cover with PG/ VG or some use grain alcohol and heat it up to about 120 degrees for some time. There is when Im unclear , I dont know the details of how long depending on tobacco or cigar leaves. I know cigars are more subtle and need more time to develop.

I did one batch the long way and the cigar I used came out light in color, stays cleaner with use and taste is also more delicate. Did another with some heating up occasionally. Got darker and bolder and does behave like the usual NET, dirtier on the coils, but tastes even better.

Is there a thread somewhere on DIY NET , tea or other flavors? The threads I found were all on DIY with premade flavors.

@anavidfan were you able to find any threads on the process of creating your own flavors?

VU Sponsors