Coil and wattage

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never heard of such a thing. Coils are rated using ohms and should be marked on the coil

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
1.5ohm Prism S Coil - rated for 13-14W

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
To edge a few more watts try the .8 coil

0.8ohm Prism S Coil - rated for 16-18W

There may be other brands that fit that tank and could yield higher wattage if you are trying to get more cloud out of it.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
This is the bullet point info on those coils

Innokin Prism S Replacement Coils Features

• Mouth-to-Lung Focused
  • 0.8ohm Prism S Coil - rated for 16-18W
  • 1.5ohm Prism S Coil - rated for 13-14W

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I really don't use cartridge style atty's but my wife likes the Aspire Clieto and Kanger sub tanks. I think the Clieto would be a little much for that mod but there are options that would work with the Kanger + your mod. I am certain other can offer options that would work well in the max 35w range.

If I had to guess you are likely trying to get a bit more smoke from each pull is why you are running it up, is that correct?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you are getting smoke out of your vaping device you are doing something wrong.

Keeping it simple to better understand need.

Shazzer2018

Member For 1 Year
I get the best flavour at 30w that's why I am on 30 w .it's just killing the coils faster so I was thinking what can I do to make the coils last longer without having to go down to a lower wattage

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I get the best flavour at 30w that's why I am on 30 w .it's just killing the coils faster so I was thinking what can I do to make the coils last longer without having to go down to a lower wattage

You are stretching the limits of your setup and that is why the coils don't last very long. There are no shortage of cartridge style atomizers so you shouldn't have any problem finding one that produces good flavor and the level of cloud output you need for satisfaction.

A lot of vape shops use cartridge style atomizers (at least nearby me) for their testers. May be worth a trip to try some and see if any fit your needs. When I used to use the cartridge styles I would only buy the kinds that local vape shops stocked coils for. There is nothing worse than reaching for a coil and finding the pack empty and no one stocks them anywhere but a 15-20 overseas drop ship.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I get the best flavour at 30w that's why I am on 30 w .

I can't see how firing a coil like that could taste good because when I have accidentally fired my coils at twice the wattage they are recommended for I knew immediately it was time to change my coils. Now remember this is only my personal opinion from my experience.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
94ba4addaa69ebcaddb4e23e207ee8f8.jpg

I vape around 600 watts on this coil with a 4s lipo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
94ba4addaa69ebcaddb4e23e207ee8f8.jpg

I vape around 600 watts on this coil with a 4s lipo

Whats the gas mileage on that setup? 30ml's an hour?

Shazzer2018

Member For 1 Year
I can't see how firing a coil like that could taste good because when I have accidentally fired my coils at twice the wattage they are recommended for I knew immediately it was time to change my coils. Now remember this is only my personal opinion from my experience.

Idk dude that's just where i get the best flavour I would be cause I was smoking fags first idk

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
50b042becced86eeec4ec2110df995eb.jpg

I use a 30ml tank when using all day about 2 tanks a day

That is a lot better than expected and on an unrelated note, I dig the airbrushing.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
And it’s not airbrushed it’s a new way of etching that Modz by nasy is doing here is one more he has done
3fe5a774e5a6c0e13af599a291d8add2.jpeg

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
@ TS, sounds like you've outgrown the device or it never was enough. Get a new device that has multiple higher wattage coil options and a good vw regulated mod.
Suggest: 1st shop tank, your preference on MTL or DTL and some do well at both. Atty (atomizer-tank) is important. Don't let kitted mod decide the atty.
Then shop variable wattage mod and those that use external batteries will serve you well. The one you have has a couple low wattage settings up to 18w, then you have to jump to either 30 or 35 and this most likely won't be conducive to the wattage you'll want for your new tank aand, at the higher wattages your 1500mAH means you'll be charging often.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It would get you to the top end of your wattage on the existing mod. If it were me and I was looking for a cartridge tank, I would hit some shops and see what they have on their testers. You can generally try a whole lot of cartridges and tanks in a short period of time. Its also good to know what coils are available locally for when you are in a pinch.

Shazzer2018

Member For 1 Year
They don' have slimstream. What is the best upgrade vape to get I might upgrade next week to one I can see battery and higher wattage .show me yours

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
They don' have slimstream. What is the best upgrade vape to get I might upgrade next week to one I can see battery and higher wattage .show me yours

The best one is the one you can afford, gives you a consistent satisfactory vape and works each time/every time. This is entirely subjective.

You can pick up some clearance stuff and see what works best for you since there is trial an error involved. This keeps from breaking your bank.

Try this one for a mod.
https://www.evcigarettes.com/smy-50tc-50w-temperature-control-box-mod/

Had one, not bad. Gave to a buddy to get him off the stinkies and he is pleased with it.

I still think if building your atty's is out for now you should hit the brick and mortar stores and try out as many as they will let you.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What is the best upgrade vape to get
Depends on how much you want to spend
I might upgrade next week to one I can see battery and higher wattage .show me yours
Easier if you look around and show us what you like. Then we can tell you if its worth it and we will know more about what you like.

SavageCheef

Member For 1 Year
The Kbox 120-200W are affordable and reliable. I'm not into all the fancy high tech vapes. These are basic and easy to use, not to mention cheap if you can wait a week for it to be delivered.

VU Sponsors