Become a Patron!

Coil assistance

Hello all,

I recently started vaping and im enjoying it a lot so far,

Im using Drag 157w and geekvape blitzen,

I wanted to ask is there some prebuild coils that are not so small :D

So basically Staggered Fused Clapton or any other are 0.2, 0.3 ohm and very low space to put cotton in

My blitzen requires nicely put cotton and im not able to put it thru this coils,

So if u know what i mean and know how to help me all assistance is appreciated!

Also yeah i want to use prebuild coils instead of building my own, i dont know maybe im lazy or a douche :D

Thanks in advance guys!

Regards,

Tozev, Ilija

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've used https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/ and they have a good assortment with ohm predictability charts.
Kidney Puncher is another.
Been wanting to try Coilology Handmade coils, not the performance ones.

Welcome to VU :wave: and glad that your liking your vape.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hmm 10 cents per coil vs 2.99 to 7.99 per coil... lol I'm not THAT lazy.
When I am lazy... I buy pre-made spools of alien wire. About 20 cents per alien coil. :eek:).
As for precoiled, never used them. I can make a dozen faster than you can get to your vape shop to buy them. (lol.. I can make 2 in the time it takes you to get to and back from your mail box)
One other thing, if your coil is to wide, it heats your atomizer because it is to close to the chimney or glass of your tank. With a DIY wrapped coil.. you can unwrap it, use a larger core and fewer wraps, shortening the coil. (Say 6 wraps on a 2.5mm id core vs 4 wraps on a 3.5 mm id core. (more room for cotton too, same surface area))

However, some local vape shops sell premade coils. Often made in house and sold by staff, so a custom coil would be no problem, I should think.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Where do your get it?
https://www.fasttech.com/p/8014108

I like the flavor better than a clapton. And it is easy to build with. Wrap it around a precision screwdriver, drill bit, little blue screwdriver bit that came with your RDA.. easy as pie.

I use my coilmaster jig, but wrap by hand without using the top part of the jig, to avoid pulling the wrap wire. Works like a charm.

If you browse around, you will find other stuff, but I suggest avoiding Geekvape Framed Staple Twisted wire.. (26ga x 2 twisted + (26ga x2)) nichrome. It is a good wire, but tricky to build with. It takes a lot of power to heat the coils, I think dual coil, 7 wrap on a 3.5mm id core runs about 185w at 0.12 ohm. Resistance is 0.67 ohm per foot. So you would need 6 to 8 wraps, and it is a wide wire. (takes up space). Not to say it isn't a good wire for advanced users.. just more advanced than I would recommend to anyone outside the advanced forums.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I been using some pre made coils from what came with rta's, AVS, and BD builders for alien.
I have some fused lapton and other wire type and have made a few coils, pretty easy.
I've heard the machine made alien wire isn't that great. I was wondering where you got it from because I knew there was FT but seems other than that not so easy to find hand made alien wire only, that really saves anything from getting it already coiled.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I been using some pre made coils from what came with rta's, AVS, and BD builders for alien.
I have some fused lapton and other wire type and have made a few coils, pretty easy.
I've heard the machine made alien wire isn't that great. I was wondering where you got it from because I knew there was FT but seems other than that not so easy to find hand made alien wire only, that really saves anything from getting it already coiled.
Oh I'm sure hand made would be better.. but.. he doesn't want to make hand made. LOL. Just suggesting premade wire as an option, so he can customize his coil size. I've used the alien wire I listed. It's actually is quite good. Better than my own hand wrapped clapton wire.

Hey fellas, thanks for reply's, so im currently using Geekvape's kanthal wire for coiling, i just wanted to ask if there is a possibility to buy a good premade coil for example Smok has TF-RTA Clapton coils 12 coils for like 4$ but as i said they are so tiny :D i barely put any cotton thru them, They made my experience a living hell when i use Geekvape ammit sc... Not enough cotton to put anywhere and the air flow leeks couse if it so baaaaaaaaaaaaaad :D
And also Gbalkam i believe it is better to say im lazy then to try to convince u that the prebuild coils are better then hand made which i know they are not but yeah...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Not fully understanding here.
Are you saying the TF-RTA coil's ID of about 3mm is too small to allow enough cotton to wick your other RTA's?
And .2, .3 is good? Or bad? Do you know about what you want the ohms to be?
3 id should work well with those RTA's, but you can go up to 4 with something like these if you think they fit.
https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/...gx3-36g-316l-ss-fused-clapton-coils-x10-pcs-1
https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/...ad-core-fused-clapton-coils-316l-ss-30x4g-40g

VU Sponsors