Become a Patron!

Coil build for 34g with pics

Cloudz4Days

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am new to this... what is the value of the twisting smaller wires VS just using a larger wire?
More surface area and more current path so less resistance.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More surface area and more current path so less resistance.

1cNxa64.png
That could be true but did you see how long that guy's coils were? That's a lot of metal in there and probly takes forever to heat up..seems simpler and more efficient to use a heavier single wire or like maybe parallel 26g at around .2 ohms dripping...just my opinion

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Cloudz4Days

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That could be true but did you see how long that guy's coils were? That's a lot of metal in there and probly takes forever to heat up..seems simpler and more efficient to use a heavier single wire or like maybe parallel 26g at around .2 ohms dripping...just my opinion. from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk
very true. Probably a long ramp up. Mine on the other hand is almost instantly. Flattened quadruple twisted 28 gauge
ff715ccb04e2ff8daa3923f07f85b567.jpg
c0200e2e6578ae088ebb52a1300bb355.jpg

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
very true. Probably a long ramp up. Mine on the other hand is almost instantly. Flattened quadruple twisted 28 gauge
ff715ccb04e2ff8daa3923f07f85b567.jpg
c0200e2e6578ae088ebb52a1300bb355.jpg
Looks like the Tobh I use..I got dual parallel 26g center post coil that read
.15 on the meter on my Tobh..but I'm thinking about 22g 5 wraps on a 3 mm bit at around .17 ohms for thicker clouds..have to make a run to the vape shop as I don't have any 22g on hand...I like trying new builds in the never ending pursuit of that perfect vape. Lol

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
**Note I ground the air control tabs off on my Tobh for those easy center post builds..I don't need air control dripping in these low sub ohm builds.

Last edited:

Cloudz4Days

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like the Stillare I use..I got dual parallel 26g center post coil that read
.15 on the meter on my Stillare..but I'm thinking about 22g 5 wraps on a 3 mm bit at around .17 ohms for thicker clouds..have to make a run to the vape shop as I don't have any 22g on hand...I like trying new builds in the never ending pursuit of that perfect vape. Lol

This is the explorer rda. I need to grind off tabs I'm just lazy. I'm goin to make twisted and flattened 22 gauge today. This twisted flat wire is awesome man. I usually run dual para 22 but I'm really digging the way this style of wire throws vapor. I recommend Atleast trying it. Sidenote: I only drip and am a super low subohmer

Last edited:

Cloudz4Days

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's instant. If they weren't flattened they would be super short. I flattened them to .53 mm thick. 7 wraps isnt much. And thr parallel is 8 wraps.
It does look like a lot but I understand its not much. I've been twisting and flattening all day haha.
67396f607667ead031d859d6f47224eb.jpg
af6ebb318fffaee1d5a0263b0b6b0be2.jpg
af192ad1477edb0dc65148f06d1ae549.jpg

VU Sponsors