Become a Patron!

Coil build HELP!

This is gonna sound stupid, but i need to know what kind of wire, and how many wraps i need to run about 1800 to 2000 watts.i am trying to make a rda hookah type deal and i was gonna try to run it directly from outlet power. Or if anyone knows of any 500watt power adapters that would work that would be great

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
You’re absolutely right it does sound stupid

Prime candidate for a newly created
“Darwin Award Badge” ...of course you’ll receive it Posthumously at the end of the year :headbang:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Dude, If the coil part of it is where you are starting your project, something tells me you haven't fully thought this out or have the engineering know how to build it safely. Instead of reinventing the wheel focus on the part you can do without hurting or killing yourself or friends.

Get some rubber hoses and create an RDA Cap cover that will allow all of you to breathe the same vapor from a already functioning mod.

If it needs to look like a hookah, stick the damn thing in a hookah bowl.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
OK. Nobody laugh at me because that would be kind of shitty.

Go out and get a fog machine that makes theatrical fog:

This one is only $35:

www.ebay.com/itm/Chauvet-H-700-Hurricane-700-Halloween-Fog-Smoke-Effect-Machine-Fluid-Remote/361383859273

The "fluid" is probably PG (sometimes they even used flavored PG) anyway.

Get a HUGE bottle of eliquid, Fill up the Tank, Add a few hoses to the end where the fog comes out, and let that bitch RIP!!!!

Im only laughing because you ask us not to.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
This is gonna sound stupid, but i need to know what kind of wire, and how many wraps i need to run about 1800 to 2000 watts.i am trying to make a rda hookah type deal and i was gonna try to run it directly from outlet power. Or if anyone knows of any 500watt power adapters that would work that would be great
Are you out of your mind?
are-you-serious-wtf-meme-baby-face.jpg

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I was going to do something crazy I'd use a computer PSU. 5+ line is usually close to 40A

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
If I was going to do something crazy I'd use a computer PSU. 5+ line is usually close to 40A
Well good luck, and if do not see you around here anymore we all know what happened.

11350413_1017446568274720_7044216142234941837_n.jpg

Racer5w

Member For 1 Year
I would think for any coil to handle that amount of power, it would be a set of super juggernauts, something like 10g*3 with 18g wrap, maybe a quadruple coil setup and lipo battery to push it? Thats not unrealistic

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I would think for any coil to handle that amount of power, it would be a set of super juggernauts, something like 10g*3 with 18g wrap, maybe a quadruple coil setup and lipo battery to push it? Thats not unrealistic

It also likely would not be enjoyable.

Blargh23

Member For 1 Year
Use a heat gun as a dripper?

Serious answer, use the "fog machine" advice. You can get them from most cheesy "party stores." Use a very low nic juice.

And even then I still think this falls into the "hey guys watch this" sort of area.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors