Become a Patron!

Coil Cleaning

jte12345

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have a quick question: what's the best way to clean a coil for an Atlantis v2? I had some real bad juice I'm trying to get out of the coil so I can try me new flavor (Mud Puppy by Minnesota Moonshine), I've soaked it but still have the taste of the old, so I'm just firing it and tasting it occasionally to see if it's gone. Just wondering your tricks so I can save some time next time around.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If its a rebuildable coil most would simply wash out the tank and everything...dry burn just the coil (with no wick in it) and then re wick it.

jte12345

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not a rebuildable, just using the stock coil from the Atlantis v2

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Some coil assemblies are fully rebuildable..i cant comment on if the v2 coil are or not so hopefully someone else can answer that...If they arent you pretty much just need to replace it or start your new juice through it and eventually it will go away.

The kanger occ coils are however rebuildable as i have a nano and re wick or coil at will.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Atlantis coils have cotton in them, so you can't dry burn them or the cotton will burn up.
Think the only solution is to replace it or to just use the new juice and it will eventually replace the old flavor.

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw on YouTube that you can soak them in an alcohol less than 50 % until the color comes to clear then let them dry and you can vape on it but however the first few draws have a chemical taste ...I myself just rebuild them or replace them you can YouTube the rebuild on th

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw on YouTube that you can soak them in an alcohol less than 50 % until the color comes to clear then let them dry and you can vape on it but however the first few draws have a chemical taste ...I myself just rebuild them or replace them you can YouTube the rebuild on th

The Alanis v2 ...I am not sure how safe it is to vape alcohol but I have a friend who cleans hers this way .

jte12345

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Random question: are the v1 and v2 atlantis coils interchangeable?

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Have extra coils on hand if possible. I would replace the coil with a new one. There are videos on rebuilding these coils if you want to go that route. Of course they aren't designed or intended to be rebuilt as you probably know.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've soaked them in vodka for a day or so, then air dried. Worked pretty well.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Another trick is to remove the coil and cotton from housing. Discard cotton and clean coil in ultrasonic cleaner with some white vinegar. Rinse it good and rewick. Works like a champ for both V1 or V2 coils

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree that you can soak them in everclear but you have to lay them out on paper towels and make sure that the alochol evaporates completely dry...I know back when

On a side note....back when I used a gogo when I first started vaping I tried cleaning those carto's by rinsing them out and then unrolling them and leaving them on paper towels to help soak up the water and make sure they were completely dry and then tried to roll them back up both dry and with a little bit of eliquid with rare success. I saw threads with pictures on how to do it...I am bringing this up because if you were to try to remove the filler to clean it out those coil housings are so small that you might as well just build a whole new coil....the coil and the wicking are intertwined so if you do try and soak them and letting them sit out to dry and don't like the results then I would suggest just replacing the coil next time or learning to rebuild..or the lazy option I like to call it...find a flavor that will blend in with the one you're trying to get rid off...it will probably take a tank or so's worth of juice but the flavor will eventually fade out and be over taken by the new one...with the right combination of flavors this can be quite nice...when the wrong blend it can be all wrong...i mean seriously all wrong man...some things should just not be vaped :)

VapesXO

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Although not for the Atlantis V2, I personally never had much luck rinsing out the coils in my Mini Nautilus (made by Aspire as well, the maker of the Atlantis V2).

Your best bet would be Everclear or another strong, unflavored Vodka. It's not guaranteed to work though, and you'll most likely have to change it if you can't vape through the taste of the old juice to that of the new stuff.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you dont want to use vodka.

everclear or ethanol are 190 proof and contain nothing but alcohol and water.

alcohols of less percentage contain more than just alcohol and water. and that other stuff will NOT evaporate. it will burn off when the coil is fired again. now the amount left behind may be negligible and nothing to worry about but with everclear or ethanol you know its clean. not to mention that people vape shots of alcohol so it could be totally fine. we just dont know enough about vaping alcohol yet. btw... people vape shots because it provides a buzz very quickly. like instant.

some areas do not offer 190 proof everclear however.

if i were you i would replace the coil completely and forget about it.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never got a buzz from the vodka, but the coils were almost good as new. (Maybe I should have soaked them longer.....LOL!!)

lol you wont get a buzz from residual vodka left on a tiny coil.

people actually go to bars now and vaporize alcohol to get drunk.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I'd heard of the "pooper" buzz, that was a big ordeal on the UT campus a couple of years ago, even got some students expelled. But never heard of vaping it. Geeze.....

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ive also heard of people putting alcohol up their pooper to get drunk faster. fun isnt it? lol
If you consider acute alcohol poisoning fun, then yes. More fun stuff: alcohol and many other drugs absorb better through the colon than they do when taken orally.

So remember, if you're ever somewhere where you can't vape for a very long time and you've just gotta have that nic, a coupla discreet little squirts up there should get you right. Doesn't take much. Just be forewarned, PG is a laxative, so you may experience some leakage.

The vaping alcohol thing can't be real. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to take a hit of alchoholic aerosol. Ever taken a shot of 151 and tried to breathe afterwards?

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you consider acute alcohol poisoning fun, then yes. More fun stuff: alcohol and many other drugs absorb better through the colon than they do when taken orally.

So remember, if you're ever somewhere where you can't vape for a very long time and you've just gotta have that nic, a coupla discreet little squirts up there should get you right. Doesn't take much. Just be forewarned, PG is a laxative, so you may experience some leakage.

The vaping alcohol thing can't be real. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to take a hit of alchoholic aerosol. Ever taken a shot of 151 and tried to breathe afterwards?

honestly i dont know much about vaping liquor, but people are doing it.

the rest of your post... lol good stuff

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I call it "squonking." Hope nobody's taken that one yet.

I'm pretty sure the term "squonking" has another, much more "polite coversation" type meaning in the vape world...I've heard of Reo's and other brands of mods of that type being referred to as "squonk boxes" on more than one occasion....the idea is simular, only you're shooting liquid up the base of the atty into the dripper instead of up into....well...yourself. Since airflow holes in the 510 connection have all but disappeared you don't hear to much about the squonkers, but they're a die hard little group for their preferred way of vaping and once most of them got their first Reo they never looked back or vaping anything else.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty sure the term "squonking" has another, much more "polite coversation" type meaning in the vape world...I've heard of Reo's and other brands of mods of that type being referred to as "squonk boxes" on more than one occasion...
Lol I know that. That was the butt of the joke. It's a funny, dirty-sounding word.

but they're a die hard little group for their preferred way of vaping and once most of them got their first Reo they never looked back or vaping anything else.
Yeah, well you could say the same about my version of squonking.;)

My squonk box works sort of like the opposite of a catheter. It's got a tube, and you can strap the box to your leg or clip it on your pants. It even works in reverse if you squeeze too much out...

...I'm sorry, I'll stop. I promise.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol I know that. That was the butt of the joke. It's a funny, dirty-sounding word.

Yeah, well you could say the same about my version of squonking.;)

My squonk box works sort of like the opposite of a catheter. It's got a tube, and you can strap the box to your leg or clip it on your pants. It even works in reverse if you squeeze too much out...

...I'm sorry, I'll stop. I promise.

Lol, never said you didn't know shit...don't put words in my mouth, especially dirty ones...I don't need any help digging holes thank you very much :D

I wrote what I wrote for the next person that doesn't know what squonking is to save them from a horrible mental image that will forever mar their thoughts on vaping....

As pertaining to your personal situation....I want to say I am sorry and feel bad for you but you make it sound like you're ready for any occasion and in good spirits about it so rock on dude...whatever works for you ;)

VU Sponsors