Become a Patron!

Coil heating up worry.

Hello, I'm new to using a vape and need some help.

Normally I use .25 Ohm coils but I brought some .15 Ohm coils and normally when my coils heat up, you can feel the glass tank getting warm. But with these new coils I'm using it seems to be heating up at the bottom and I'm worried that it's going to affect the battery. Should I go back to the .25 or am I okay to keep using the .15 seeing as I bought a pack of 5 and don't really want to waste?

Additional information: The vape I have is the Smok V8 baby stick.

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should be fine. Not uncommon at all for the base of the tank to heat up a bit in use. With the higher ohm coil it just takes a little longer is all. The full V8 Baby kit comes with both a .15 and .25 ohm coil, with the .15 being pre-installed from the factory. So the mod is designed to use em. Don't sweat it.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
As mentioned there's nothing to worry about, in fact with different setups some atties tend to get even extreme hot. Not in your case of course, however rule of thump, if your mod gets hot overall and not just a bit warm underneath the tank, that's something you should be investing, again wouldn't happen with your setup tho.

VU Sponsors