Become a Patron!

Coil issue! SOLVED*

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I went by a suggestion from the seller to make sure I can run dual coils with the rda and box that I have which is the KBox mini 75w and Doge v2.
Coils are huge! Compared to the same ohm coil I built these are like 6 times bigger! Running in just single coil works but here's the issue.
Between pressing fire and getting vape it takes about 4 seconds before vape starts to produce.... This single coil is sucking the life out of the box. Not cool!
So I am trying it again this time I order 26g SINGLE coils no Clapton no weird builds just plain 0.5ohm coils.
Now hopefully I can set up the rda for dual coil and use my box mod.

Am I good or do I need to already buy a larger box? Short on money. Want to use my box and rda with what I got. Building coils is not easy and maybe later invest in a coil master??? Dripping is sooooooooooooo much nicer then using the toptank and coils.

Right now I am super turned off by this setup/build.
61e0a7b778ccfb9bd019844f44e906cb.jpg
aa83770244a505c94014732efddd9921.jpg
934e3801568710314ba87a7d05ce27a3.jpg
547f0f53f443c0fca9a213db32a05214.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I went by a suggestion from the seller to make sure I can run dual coils with the rda and box that I have which is the KBox mini 75w and Doge v2.
Coils are huge! Compared to the same ohm coil I built these are like 6 times bigger! Running in just single coil works but here's the issue.
Between pressing fire and getting vape it takes about 4 seconds before vape starts to produce.... This single coil is sucking the life out of the box. Not cool!
So I am trying it again this time I order 26g SINGLE coils no Clapton no weird builds just plain 0.5ohm coils.
Now hopefully I can set up the rda for dual coil and use my box mod.

Am I good or do I need to already buy a larger box? Short on money. Want to use my box and rda with what I got. Building coils is not easy and maybe later invest in a coil master??? Dripping is sooooooooooooo much nicer then using the toptank and coils.

Right now I am super turned off by this setup/build.
61e0a7b778ccfb9bd019844f44e906cb.jpg
aa83770244a505c94014732efddd9921.jpg
934e3801568710314ba87a7d05ce27a3.jpg
547f0f53f443c0fca9a213db32a05214.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Dude the guy who sold you the set up should get fired IMMEDIATELY!!!
Do a 6/7 wraps on a 2.5 ID
26g 316 SS spaced coil
Or
Kanthal 26g or nichrome it's up to you

Next time know ur
Mod
Rda
Coil/WIRES
Battery sPECIFICATIONS
Ohms law...
Good luck

VAPE ON

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are pretty big coils. Did he know they were for a kbox? If so, that's questionable... ...gotta reckon he shoulda known that they need a lot more power than the kbox can provide. The stupidity of some of these people working at vape shops blows my mind sometimes.

My advice... ...rather than taking guesses and spending all of this money on pre-built coils that suck, just start building your own. Life with RDAs is so much easier, not to mention cheaper, when you know how to build. Get a spool of 24g wire, some cotton, and a toolkit. Watch a couple of tutorial videos. Brush up on your ohms law (not as relevant with regulated boxes, but you should still know it.) You can use Steam Engine to easily do the calculations and figure out how many wraps to do.

Building seems intimidating, but if you can already mount a coil, you can sure as hell wrap one. Plenty of people will be happy to help you out along the way. The sooner you start, the closer you will be to the experience you're after.

Last edited:

Mrhanswong

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow ... will start ASAP
Currently using Standard Notch Coil came with the Evic AIO

Sent from my ASUS_Z00RD using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors