Become a Patron!

Coil masters

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are these coil master things worth it to you guys. I see how easy it makes it look and I am new to rebuilding and thought maybe I should be doing that instead of fiddling with screw drivers and all.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They work. I use it. It's like anything else though. You have to learn the little "tricks". I can build either way but the coiler does seem to be faster and tighter. Watch a few you tube videos then decide

UncleMike

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can wrap a coil no problem without the coil master, BUT .. the coil master just makes it soooo quick and easy. Perfect coils every time and takes less than a minute.

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a coil master and I just started using it,but my question is how to stop it from overlapping coils. It seems to wrap over itself. I must be doing something wrong, maybe too much pressure squeezing or something like that. The first problem I had to overcome was the screw head skipping thru the wire which was alleviated by extending the head out a little further.
Still looking for help as I must be a mental midget

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It overlaps when you push to hard on it. Just a light pressure is good. Let the coiler do the work. You can watch some people using it on You Tube. That will help.

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It overlaps when you push to hard on it. Just a light pressure is good. Let the coiler do the work. You can watch some people using it on You Tube. That will help.
Thanks!! I guess it's a learning curve thing LOL, like everything else in life

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have found that some of my coils I build with these suffer from even heating issues. They don't heat from the middle out. Thought maybe it was because I was applying too much pressure. Tried a little less and still get the same thing sometimes. Also some of the coils I build with them suffer from ohm jumping. As in my mod will read anywhere from the supposed resistance to way high numbers. This is very prevalent on YiHi chip based mods. Doesn't seem to do it with my Provari or Evolv devices. Weird I know. But I just play around until I get it right. But they do make coil building easier. Sometimes I just use the jig to manually twist my own coils. Depends on my mood.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have found that some of my coils I build with these suffer from even heating issues. They don't heat from the middle out. Thought maybe it was because I was applying too much pressure. Tried a little less and still get the same thing sometimes. Also some of the coils I build with them suffer from ohm jumping. As in my mod will read anywhere from the supposed resistance to way high numbers. This is very prevalent on YiHi chip based mods. Doesn't seem to do it with my Provari or Evolv devices. Weird I know. But I just play around until I get it right. But they do make coil building easier. Sometimes I just use the jig to manually twist my own coils. Depends on my mood.
Even though your using the coiler you still need to heat the coils red and then squeeze them together and hold them until they are cooled off. May need to repeat a few times.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have the one from the first generation and I love it.

Beats the hell out of my old method of wrapping a coil around an old nail!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Even though your using the coiler you still need to heat the coils red and then squeeze them together and hold them until they are cooled off. May need to repeat a few times.

LOL yes I know and yes I do that. Sometimes it works out the even heating issues. Sometimes not. I think these things just wrap coils almost too tight.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the one from the first generation and I love it.

Beats the hell out of my old method of wrapping a coil around an old nail!

I bought the Kuro Coiler clones from Fasttech. Didn't work that well. Ended up getting the set that comes in the plastic case with the interchangeable rods and it works much better

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
lol Old nail ? At least a drill bit man ! lmao Pretty inventive though. Was it a rusty old nail ?

Nope, it was a new one. Never pounded on!

Laugh if you like but I have made many the perfect coil with it.

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just heat the coils up and give them a slight squeeze after u let off the button, pulse and squeese till they glow from the inside out, the coil master only makes the coil.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Sugardonut

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are these coil master things worth it to you guys. I see how easy it makes it look and I am new to rebuilding and thought maybe I should be doing that instead of fiddling with screw drivers and all.
It is definitely helpful to have a cool master makes everything faster. Down the road once you start building more advance coils you won't use it as much. Especially when you are dealing with bigger coils. But for straight single wire builds cool master is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
going to order a set for now i could use the help. I am just going to build as many coils as i can before i get tired and put them in a box so i don't have to wait so long when i rebuild.

VU Sponsors