Become a Patron!

coil not working

Love my kangertech subox mini. Thought I would try out coil that came with it. Built coil as shown but when I try it nothing works. Can you help please

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Are you talking about using the RBA base?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If you mean the RBA mini, check that it is screwed in snugly, finger tight and also that the coil isn't up high enough to tough the top cap of the rba. (the bit you screw on after you put the wick in) Although most mods will show that as a short.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
By the way.. that absolute easiest, 100% no leak way to wick this RBA mini is... The bunny ears method.
Push the ends of your wick up through the steel sleeve and then push the sleeve down onto the deck, leaving 2 cotton "bunny ears". Tighten the screw to attach the sleeve to the deck. Trim the wick LEVEL with the top of the sleeve. Poke it gently down to cover the wick holes. You can play a bit to get it just the way you want it. Make sure the coil will not touch the top cap. Wet the wick and coil with juice and DO NOT make any adjustments from this point on. If you do it WILL leak. Put the top cap on, Put the tank on. Fill from top or bottom. Make sure the air flow is OFF every time before filling.
Start at low power and work your way up to where you like it. Just like you do with any other coil.
Happy Vaping.

You can get some crazy builds on the little RDA. My favorite is a 7 wrap, 3 strand parallel build. Using 32 ga stainless steel. (21 coil total) It is a bit tricky, but worth it in the end. (I use a 3.0 id core)

Lol... You want clouds? I gotcher clouds right HERE..

VU Sponsors