Become a Patron!

coil or tank problem

I have a silo tank witch uses the nautalis bvc coils. My first set of coils lasted well over a month, the second set lasted about 2 days per coil, either getting burnt taste or gurgling. Even after returning them to the shop where they said they could " fix or clean" them, no change. Bought a new pack of bvc, so far the first coil is slurping after only 2 days. I have completely dis assembled and re did all the o-rings on the tank. I don't run it over 4 volts even though says they can do over 6. Any ideas are helpful, thanks

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Sounds like your shop may be selling clone heads. Where are you getting them from? Are you checking the Aspire validation tag?

Shop doesnt sell any clones, coils are legit., I checked a few stores, all identical, second batch was from a different shop.

N

Newheart301

Wow, sad to hear that, mines only 10 weeks old, on my third coil, still running like a champ, mostly at 11w. Toward the last week, run at 13w.So far I wouldn't take two Naulitus for ether my Silo or Silo Lite. JMO.

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get a bad coil, even from Aspire that might burn out early. This can happen in succession and make you think you're losing it. Vaping a lot will lower the number of days you get as well too. I vape a lot and am lucky to get two weeks out of a coil. My average is about 10 days I think. At 12 watts, I burn out a coil in 5 days so lower watts will help longevity. 10 watts 10 days, 12 watts 5 days, heavy vaping (around 7-8 ml a day). IMO someone getting 3 months on two coils is not vaping much at all or is using a strong flavor that masks the burn flavor or is just less sensitive to it. I am very sensitive to it and think I change coils before the typical vaper. I'm sure you've verified BVC vs standard coil (which is only good to a max of around 3.8V / 8W) and the scratch code on the coil box. The only difference between the boxes is the orange BVC circle for others that might read this.

KappaCory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
do you prime your coils and give them a break in period? If not I'd suggest anytime you replace a coil to drop about 3 or 4 drops of juice directly into the coil to help prime it, and then run it at about 3.8 volts for about 30 min to an hour to help break it in, gradually increasing the power, same with watts, set to around an 8 and break it in, can really make a difference with them.

KappaCory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also see which coil it is running, i'd recommend the BVC version, there is a 1.6 and a 1.8, probably go with the 1.8 seeing as it has a higher resistance. I should also mention, which I'm positive most know but just in case, make sure you're running a 50/50 blend or a 60/40 (pg/vg) ratio juice, max vg WILL kill the coils in tanks (even the aspire atlantis dies pretty quick and its built to handle either)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU! hope you enjoy your time here :)

Even at 50/50 dark/sugary liquids will help clog these coils as well...I run the 1.6 ohm heads at 4.8 volts on an old Provari. 2.5 ...it's roughly 12 ish watts and I get about 10 days out of a BVC head with my "snickerdoodle" flavor I run threw it...but the flavor masks the beginning of the coil starting to burn out so I can push it till it's really burned before I have to change it. Like others said, if you drip juice directly on the little holes of the coil where it feeds the juice from the tank you can actually watch the filler material slurp it up. Do that a drop at a time on all for holes till all of them won't take any more juice...then once you've put your tank back together take several unpowered primer puffs till you can't see little bubbles anymore and let it sit for a few minutes...if you do this when you first change your head you'll reduce the amount of time you have to wait for the coil to saturate and it will help increase it's lifespan if it's a good coil....

you have to remember that these things are mass produced and it's entirely possible to get a 5 pack with all bad coils...and it sucks when it happens,,,I gave up on the Nautilus when it first came out because the BDC coils were so bad that out of two packs of coils I only got one that lasted more than two days and if I turned any of them above 4 volts it seemed to instantly fry the suckers.

The BVC coils are designed the same basically as a cartomizer but on a smaller scale made to fit into specific tanks...I don't know if you ever used a carto tank but they worked pretty much the same way...I love carto tanks but depending on the juice I used and the luck of the draw with a carto I would be changing my carto out every one to three fills on my 6 ml tank. And that was good for cartomizers back in the day :)

VU Sponsors