Become a Patron!

coil per tank?

I have a 2ml aspire bdc with a bvc coil. On an eGo-C twist variable voltage battery, I have tried 1.8 and 2.2 coils, and no matter what I seem to blow through a coil a tank, that's about a could every 2 days, I prime them, keep it all clean, and I still just can't seem to keep them from burning up. The only sign I have that they've burned up is the leaking, obviously I don't want to fry my battery so, does anyone have any suggestions? Reason s I might be going through them so quickly? A better coil/tank combo? I like my battery and will not be easily swayed into buying a new one. Thanks in advance

D

Donald Bickers

what setting do you have your battery on,,,,as far as tanks go ,my olady uses an aspire et,with 1.6 BVC,they hold about 3ml and are very moderately priced,she gets about 2 to 3 weeks of heavy vaping on hers,sounds as if you may have your battery setting to high,on your next new coil try priming by putting 6 to 8 drops directly in the coil itself and start at your batteries lowest setting and working your way up slowly,when you prime it you may need to blow some out if its flooded,but it is better to have to much juice over not enough,,as far as ruining your battery,it should be ok as long as you dry it off as needed,i have never ruined one yet from flooding,,,let me know if this works for you ,,, happy vaping brother

This was an issue with my old battery too, it finally fried the battery. I prime the tanks, about 5 drops let it sit about 10 minutes, and don't turn the battery on but suck air through it (idk a technical term for that lol) and after about 15 minutes of that I'll actually put the bad boy to use. I try to baby them since obviously I'm going through so many. My wife uses the same tanks on a eGo 900 mah? She doesn't cape often but hers last for months... I'm just getting frustrated with it.

D

Donald Bickers

that's your problem ,,,,turn it all the way down,and work up from there,,,,if your coil Is already burnt ,you will probably need to put a new one on

Last edited by a moderator:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Most of my juices simply won't tolerate a higher voltage. Some will, some won't. I use a lot of sweet bakery vapes, so ymmv. I use an MVP and a couple vv Tesla Spiders. I'm normally at about 3.6 and very happy with it.

If the juice won't tolerate higher, keep it low.

D

Donald Bickers

Most of my juices simply won't tolerate a higher voltage. Some will, some won't. I use a lot of sweet bakery vapes, so ymmv. I use an MVP and a couple vv Tesla Spiders. I'm normally at about 3.6 and very happy with it.

If the juice won't tolerate higher, keep it low.
what he said,,,,,,,does it seem to be working

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"The only sign I have that they've burned up is the leaking"

When you say burnt, you are getting a burnt taste to your juice? Or it's starting to leak?

Kind of sounds like you may be over priming the coil... dripping too much and taking priming pulls (sucking no power) excessively.

Back in my kanger days I would put a couple drops on the coil, dry hit it a couple times, let it sit for a minute and vape away. Coils would last days even with gunky desert juices. There is not very much wick to saturate in there.

D

Donald Bickers

"The only sign I have that they've burned up is the leaking"

When you say burnt, you are getting a burnt taste to your juice? Or it's starting to leak?

Kind of sounds like you may be over priming the coil... dripping too much and taking priming pulls (sucking no power) excessively.

Back in my kanger days I would put a couple drops on the coil, dry hit it a couple times, let it sit for a minute and vape away. Coils would last days even with gunky desert juices. There is not very much wick to saturate in there.
when hers start leaking I just replace them,,,she uses 2 in rotation and when one is not in use I store it upside down

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But from my protank1 days, leaking didn't mean burnt. It meant that I didn't have enough wick in the slot.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I pretty much use protanks exclusively. I don't have that bad luck with mine I read about all the time. No leaks, out of the normal dot on the batteries, no wicking issues, but I do build mine. Took a bit to get used to how much to use. If I get a burnt taste, I change the wick. Not so easy with the product OP is talking about, I suppose. That has to get pricey.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My coils will usually last nearly a week before I have to change out the wick.

@DonaldBickers, when you get that one nailed down, I'm sure a LOT of people will be thrilled with the result.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't really use my old aspire tanks anymore but sometimes I use them at work when I'm too lazy to we-wick my Kayfun....anyways.... Those coils have a short wick and limited flow and can be very picky. One thing I noticed about all bottom coil clearos (kangers, aspire, all of them) is that if you vape them down and don't fill them in the same day every coil will start to leak as the tank is less than half full. It has to do with the internal pressure building up on the liquid as there is less of it and more air in the tank. I could let a full tank sit for a couple days and not a drop...or I could let a quarter full tank sit overnight and it would leak by morning....I don't know about the non Nautilus BVC heads because I haven't tried them but their regular heads for their vivi tanks always seemed hit and miss to me anyways....one would last a week and another would last a day in my experience....they didn't like going above 4 volts either for me....i'd fill a tank, let it sit awhile and prime and it seemed like even if I hit it with 4.1 volts it would want to give up and die and burn instantly. Your base could be bad and not seating the coils properly causing a slight leak and be damned hard to tell...not likely, but possible. I don't know if this helps at all but I thought I would share my thoughts.

VU Sponsors