Become a Patron!

Coil position

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Hadaly clone and I love it. I'm curious about whether the coil should be in line with the air holes so the air hits the coil straight on, or if the coil should be raised and the air hits it from the bottom. I've mucked about with it, but I'd like to know other's opinions.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I normally place the coil about half way looking through the airflow hole on the hadaly (bottom half) 3mm ID coil

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I normally place the coil about half way looking through the airflow hole on the hadaly (bottom half) 3mm ID coil

Hey KP, that's been my default position as well.

Do you have a Pulse 22? I've been looking at it and I like the design, particularly the slanted air holes and the juice well. I'm wondering how the flavor is, as it gets great reviews, but it's really tough to beat the Shenray Hadaly.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Do you have a Pulse 22? I've been looking at it and I like the design, particularly the slanted air holes and the juice well. I'm wondering how the flavor is, as it gets great reviews, but it's really tough to beat the Shenray Hadaly.

I do not Bob - I’m willing to bet though it won’t beat a hadaly mate only one that has for me Personally so far is the Soul S

Might at some point pick up the pulse 24 but it’s down on my “I must get list” think I’d rather get the dead rabbit of the two (don’t own either though)

next RDA I buy will be the aeronaught V2.5 (real deal)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not Bob - I’m willing to bet though it won’t beat a hadaly mate only one that has for me Personally so far is the Soul S

Might at some point pick up the pulse 24 but it’s down on my “I must get list” think I’d rather get the dead rabbit of the two (don’t own either though)

next RDA I buy will be the aeronaught V2.5 (real deal)

That is a good looking RDA. I like the interchangeable AFC tubes. It would be great if you could do a review of it.

I got the Soul S you suggested and it's very good, almost as good as the Hadaly, and I've been using it regularly.

Cheers.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've tried the pulse 24 & it's very good but the hadaly is better. My two favourite RDA'S are the hadaly and the goon. As for the positioning halfway is best for me too :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
That is a good looking RDA. I like the interchangeable AFC tubes. It would be great if you could do a review of it.

I got the Soul S you suggested and it's very good, almost as good as the Hadaly, and I've been using it regularly.

Cheers.

Got the shenray V2 of it depends how smooth you like airflow or rather whether or not turbulence is important ...it’s loud on the draw

flavour though is bloody nice really clean tasting with so many options dialling it in... I like the 3 air slits tube under the coil it focusses airflow onto the coil. This one won’t be for everyone it’s one of those you either like or don’t (I’m firmly in the like bracket)

Juicwell is like a bucket hahaha

On the V2.5 they have switched the tube so it runs across the posts rather than along the middle

This likes big single complex coils

090DA918-7A58-477B-B500-EA635558A228.jpeg
CB2F68E2-6A03-4C1D-91C7-A1E5025EA977.jpeg

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the shenray V2 of it depends how smooth you like airflow or rather whether or not turbulence is important ...it’s loud on the draw

flavour though is bloody nice really clean tasting with so many options dialling it in... I like the 3 air slits tube under the coil it focusses airflow onto the coil. This one won’t be for everyone it’s one of those you either like or don’t (I’m firmly in the like bracket)

On the V2.5 they have switched the tube so it runs across the posts rather than along the middle

View attachment 98349
View attachment 98350
Nice setup bro :)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 98349
View attachment 98350

I like it! Please let us know your thoughts after you get it.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I like it! Please let us know your thoughts after you get it.

Will do won’t be until next year mate recently spent a lot more than I should have done on all the deathwish gear

two2wheels

Member For 4 Years

I have a Pulse 22- flavor is very good but I am not crazy about the system wherein you line up the top cap to avoid banging your coil into the airflow tubes- it doesn't seem to click in decisively. Also, you have to keep trying the top cap on to make sure the coil is centered and aligned, at the right height, etc. It's kind of a PITA, and the o-rings are tight as fuck even juiced up. I don't use it much for that reason.
I don't have a Hadaly, but I do have a Hadaly clone which rivals the Pulse IMO. The Oumier Wasp is also a great single-coil- I got the RTA with the itty bitty tank for under $12 on Fasttech, but I think the RDA is squonkable if that's what you're after.

VU Sponsors