Become a Patron!

Coil problem

Mgk2000

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm burning through a bvc kanthal 1.5 ohm coil a day, if that. And I can't figure out why. I tried rinsing one and let it air dry but when I used it again it kinda burned. The only thing I can think of is I'm using a thicker sweet cinnamon liquid but one a day is costly and so frustrating... Is this normal? Are there any ways to expand coil life?

Thanks in advance

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm burning through a bvc kanthal 1.5 ohm coil a day, if that. And I can't figure out why. I tried rinsing one and let it air dry but when I used it again it kinda burned. The only thing I can think of is I'm using a thicker sweet cinnamon liquid but one a day is costly and so frustrating... Is this normal? Are there any ways to expand coil life?

Thanks in advance
for those coils they have small wick holes so you don't want to use a thick juice. maybe 60%VG max. Also the 1.5 ohm coil is a really low wattage coil so make sure you stick to the recommended wattage or a little lower. And don't chain vape. give it time to rewick. Once it's burnt you can't unburn it, it needs to be replaced.

wooten

Member For 3 Years
What kind of coil is it? Premade? What device are you using? What are your power settings? Maybe you're just hitting it too hard? More data, please :)

High resistance coils usually don't like big amounts of power. And sometimes don't absorb high VG e-liquids well. Couses I'm thinking of are (so far): too much power, too much VG.

[Oops. Too slow.]

Mgk2000

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are pre built bvc aspire 1.5 ohm coils. Cuboid mini I'm vaping on at 12 watts with an aspire k2 tank. Vg 80 of 20 awaiting a 70/ 30 mix

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The juice holes on those coils are tiny, 60VG was the highest I ever used in my ET-S(believe they use the same coils) and it worked very well for me
I vaped snickerdoodle and the coils lasted a couple weeks and that was a dark sweet vape

svist

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep... too much VG. Use 60/40 or less VG.

AndyHav8

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll hop on the "too much VG" bandwagon. Also, I've found that 11 watts is the sweet spot for those aspire coils. 12 should be fine as well, though

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Thanks in advance
first of all, prime your coils. 1 or 2 drops in the top, 1 drop on each of the wicking holes. Fill the tank and let it sit for a minute. Start at the lowest power setting and increase power and airflow.
ALWAYS start at your lower power setting and work your way up. Starting high and burning the coil is to late. You can't unburn a coil. *lol* so start low and go up.
Now, what I actually did, was bought a kanger toptank mini with a rebuildable mini coil, and built the coil to work between 7 and 15 watts. Even if i burnt the coil, I just had to pull out the burnt cotton and stick a new bit in and vape away. I totally hated burning a coil and running out in the middle of the night.

VU Sponsors