Become a Patron!

Coil question on my Pico?

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It is an eleaf ECL 0.3 SS316L coil. I run wattage mode at 75 watts.

It almost always says 0.27 ohms on my Pico. Last night, however, it said 0.3 ohms.

Does 0.27 ohms mean that the connection is bad (considering it's a 0.3 ohm coil)? Or is that normal/appropriate for my setup?

Thanks!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It is an eleaf ECL 0.3 SS316L coil. I run wattage mode at 75 watts.

It almost always says 0.27 ohms on my Pico. Last night, however, it said 0.3 ohms.

Does 0.27 ohms mean that the connection is bad (considering it's a 0.3 ohm coil)? Or is that normal/appropriate for my setup?

Thanks!

After changing to a new coil just now, I brought it up to 0.28 ohms and there is a lot more flavor.

Still wondering if it should be saying 0.3 on my Pico?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its not uncommon to see minor jumps in ohms on most any device...now if you said it jumped from .27 to to .50 then I would say you had a problem with either the coil/atty or the 510 connection...I personally wouldn't worry yourself over that small difference...As far as more flavor from that small change , I don't know.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks Mike! I appreciate your info. These coils were awesome yesterday, so hopefully they will again be today. :)

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
SS wire changes resistance when heated, that is why we can use it for TC
resistance also changes with age and how much gunk the coil has collected

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Thanx Rabbit Slayer! I didn't know any of those things before. These coils did seem to work better after some time vaping and changing flavors.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@EMusic -- I have a PICO also. When i'm running a TC coil you need to make sure to lock in the ohm when the coil is COLD (fire button and + at the same time, 2 seconds).
Also make sure to upgrade to the latest firmware. Some of the TC settings were fixed and mine started working better.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you, PhantomOp! Where can I find the firmware? Oh and which screen do I lock the ohms in?

:)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

ALL resistance wires change resistance when heated. The TC type wire Ni, Ti, SS ect. are more dramatic about it. This is why you need to lock the OHM in most TC devices.

Lock ohm on TC and TCR screens. Hold fire and + at same time.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/eleaf-pico-firmware-update.283859/#post-1507096
The arctic fox software linked above, via same method but you have to scroll through a menu to get to the lock setting. Or lock it via the Toolbox.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ALL resistance wires change resistance when heated. The TC type wire Ni, Ti, SS ect. are more dramatic about it. This is why you need to lock the OHM in most TC devices.

Lock ohm on TC and TCR screens. Hold fire and + at same time.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/eleaf-pico-firmware-update.283859/#post-1507096
The arctic fox software linked above, via same method but you have to scroll through a menu to get to the lock setting. Or lock it via the Toolbox.

Thanks, HondaDavidson!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My coil is reading 0.26 now and there's basically no flavor, regardless of which juice I use.

Yesterday I was loving how great the flavor was with these coils, and now I'm not happy.

Could it have anything to do with my o rings?

Or...

?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I assume your still in TC mode. Take it out of TC mode and put it back to VW mode. Set it to 40w and take a few puffs on it. Slowly move the wattage up until you get flavor with your juice.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What tank are you running on the pico ? The Melo 3 ?

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I assume your still in TC mode. Take it out of TC mode and put it back to VW mode. Set it to 40w and take a few puffs on it. Slowly move the wattage up until you get flavor with your juice.

I took my whole unit apart and cleaned each piece and changed to a brand-new coil. Put in new o rings. Saturated the coil. Waiting 30 minutes now in case the coil can saturate even more. Then VW and upping wattage.

These coils are marked with 60 to 80 watts so hopefully the situation will be resolved so I can go back to my lush 75 watts like yesterday and the day before without incident.

I will post once I fix the issue.

Thank you everybody for your help! :)

VU Sponsors