Become a Patron!

Coil resistance

maxmillion1982

Member For 4 Years
Hi. So i have some pre-made coils. There twisted coil, the 8 in 1 Demon Killer pack. First time ever the coils when cold start at 0.22 Ohm then as they get hotter the get up to 0.31 Ohm. I checked my rta for loose metal. Took it all apart to make sure there was no metal causing a short. Nothing.

Are the coils good to use even though they jump up like that?

Should add that i cannot lock resistance.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Is the wire material SS or Kanthal? If I remember correctly they were selling those little kits both ways. SS will do that some as it heats. Welcome to VU.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
coils tend to shift in the posts when heated, tighten them down again. I wouldn't worry much about the resistance jumping up as long as the coils still fired properly. Low resistance is what can cause issues, not so much a few hundredths of an ohm higher. IE... 0.12 ohm will work on most regulated mods.. jumping to 0.15 will still work. However, dropping to 0.09 usually will not fire.(assuming the standard 0.10 ohm low limit on most regulated mods)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The resistance increases on all metals as it heats...... this fact of physics is what makes Temperature Control possible.

If the coil is stainless Nichrome or Kanthal sounds normalish. Check connections if all good. And stays stable and repeatable vape on.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors