Become a Patron!

Coil set up on CLT Infinite

Wyckmix

Member For 5 Years
which version do you have? I'm a big fan of the CLT's and have all of em, so I'll just put em all up here
V1 I prefer with a dual 26g 8 wrap 2.4mm bout .4-.5
V2 and V2 plus, i like little higher ohm build, around 0.7. dual 27 or 28g 8-10 wraps 2.4mm. Although it does perform great with a lower ohm build, dual 24g 6 wrap around 3mm was my go to build for a while on a mech.
V3 I'm still tinkering with, just got it last week. got a dual twisted 28g 7 wrap, 2.4mm in there right now and it's performing great.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What ever build gives you the best vaping experience is the right build for you. That's the beauty of rebuildables, you can adjust their performance to your liking. I like warm to hot vape, so i usually build with 24, 22 or even 20 gauge.

Zachary Jansen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I built a 9 wrap coil on a 1/8" drill bit, 1.4 ohms. My mod goes down to 0.8ohms, what is a dual coil I could built close to that?

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Propably 11 wraps of what you just did.

Zachary Jansen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
11 wraps with 28 wire was 1.9, I tried a 4 wrap dual coil but it read as a short. Guess I just have to keep tinkering

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
11 wraps for each coil at 1.9 would put it at would put it at .9

When you do a dual coil your resistance ends up half of one of your coils.

For example if i wanted a 1ohm dual coil. I would build two 2ohm coils and when all together in your RDA should be 1ohm give or take.

T

Taver13

What ever build gives you the best vaping experience is the right build for you. That's the beauty of rebuildables, you can adjust their performance to your liking. I like warm to hot vape, so i usually build with 24, 22 or even 20 gauge.
22 gauge is what i use too, i love a nice hot flavorful vape, especially with some of my sweeter mixes

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
22 gauge is what i use too, i love a nice hot flavorful vape, especially with some of my sweeter mixes
Yep, was my go to wire with mechs but now with my Sigelei 150w i can use 24 gauge too.

Zachary Jansen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have some 24g that I am gonna try....I like the warmer vape as well.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
+1

Zachary Jansen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was able to get a 0.8 ohm coil with 5 wraps, but it show a short when I build a dual coil...any suggestions?

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Build two ten wraps coils and it'll equal out to around .8, make sure no part of the coil is touching any part of your RDA when it's assembled including the posts, only thing touching your deck should be your wick. Your coils are probably touching something that's why you're getting a short

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors